I tried to play on AW's server, Enigma turned me on to it, and I'm showcased as his wingman in a few Mig19 films. 

This is what got me in love with a Dynamic CW campaign idea (that and bringing FVP to DCS)

But AW's server is usually empty during my TZ when I can get on. I only rarely can find times where I can join in on the fun because the mission rotates around 5pm EST and after that the population evaporates. 

I like what AW has, the different scenarios, special missions, different maps. Depending on the day/time and rotation you get something different. 

Me in AW's server learning the mig21: 
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1186738966

ECW isn't going to try to replicate that experience. We want consistency. You log in, you see where the front is, you go and try to win the war for your team. 
You log in the next day, see how the map progressed while you slept and you go at it again!

We want our players to be involved in the mission over the span of WEEKS not hours. So I feel there's room for both to exist.  

Edited by Tempest7
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Parabe11um said:

Yes, extremely. Overall, I find it pretty annoying at all times, lol.

I'm sure I could just lower the volume or mute it somehow, but honestly, since I don't use it at all, it's kind of pointless.

As a Cold War newbie, there's enough noise between Overlord + players communicating + radar warning for me to sometimes get a bit overwhelmed without having AWACs GCI (not Overlord) talking.

So personally, I feel like it would be ideal to just lean into Overlord Channel, human GCI + player channel, and AWACS (DCS default) channel (mostly there as a legacy for those that don't want to use the Overlord bot).

We will probably move it over then

Edited by Enigma89

Patch applied to server as of yesterday:

V58 Open Beta Patch, this will be reflected in next reset.
- No parking zones added to roadbases both sides to highlight new spawn areas (tires with red flags)
- FARPs marked on F10 with a circle surrounded by X's; both sides and only visible for your own side.
- Mig19 RWRs added for missing planes
- Seawise giant renamed to be part of industrial target calculations
- Some planes that were not able to arm at road bases have been fixed (Let us know if you find any that can't arm, please include a name of the slot and road base #)
- Mission briefing updated to reflect heli common on 30.00FM (FAQ Updated)

New Radio Channels:
Radio Frequencies REDFOR:
1) 124.00 - DCS AWACS
2) 126.00 - Overlord Bot [Overlord ignores helos]
3) 128.00 - ATC
4) 130 - Human GCI (Common Side Chat)
5) 132 - Secondary Overlord Channel 
Helicopter Common: 30.00FM
Mig-15 @ 4.95 Frequency

Radio Frequencies BLUFOR:
1) 251 - DCS AWACS
2) 253 - Overlord Bot [Overlord ignores helos]
3) 255 - ATC
4) 257 - Human GCI (Common Side Chat)
5) 259 - Secondary Overlord Channel
Helicopter Common: 30.00FM

• Like 1

From Enigma: 

"The Red Team has won Campaign #1. Congratulations to the Red Side. The campaign has been reset back to the neutral starting position, so welcome to Campaign #2.

Please remember that the forward airfields are closed except for A-10s and Su-25s until the frontline moves one sector Road bases are open but require a 4 sector buffer except for A-10s. If you go through slots quickly you may run into a bug where you are blocked from slots, just reconnect. We plan to rebuild the slot blocker code in the near future. 

The Road Base number says what sector is required by that side to be open - we will make the naming convention more intuitive in the future. Tsbilisi and Sochi are the airfields that have everything but require longer flight times. If you wish to fly short distances, then you want to take a road base. You can always land and re-arm at road bases. Please be patient as people re-lift as the slot blocker gets a bit funky when everyone hits it at once.

Thank you for making Campaign #1 very memorable, we look forward to more campaigns"

From me:  thank you so much for those who participated in Campaign 1, it was one helluva ride. We are honored at the response we got from the community and we are looking forward to continue to improve the campaign by adding new features and bettering performance overall. 

Thanks again so much for being a part of this new DCS Multiplayer Journey! 

Good Hunting out there! 

Edited by Tempest7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to the server admins/coders/staff for a great first campaign!

I remain continually impressed with the progress made to add features and fix any issues encountered. It's also ridiculously impressive how stable things have run given that this was your first hosted campaign.

I pretty much flew Blue the entire time (<3 Viggen), but despite losing I had an amazing time (probably some of the closet experiences I've had and been chasing since the days of WW2OL). The last couple of days of battling were extremely intense and in some ways I almost wish it never would have ended.

It's been great to link up with people on the server for CAP and strike sorties and overall I'm really excited to see this server and dynamic campaign community grow (especially in terms of figuring out tactics to employ).

Finally, as a newbie to DCS (I think this is about my second week of actual MP playtime outside of random WW2 sorties), I felt like this server was challenging, but manageable (so I would encourage anyone else sitting on the fence you just join and don't be afraid to ask some of the veteran DCS CW players questions, I certainly did, lol).

Edited by Parabe11um

We recently found this server and are enjoing this very much. Thank you!

A small tibit you might want to consider. I assume the Viggen is intended to represent a Cold War era AJ 37 (the AJS 37 modification is from the 90s). In this case, Rb24/Rb24J Sidewinders should be restricted to the two fuselage pylons. The AJ 37 was not wired to carry Sidewinders on the 4 wing pylons.

18 hours ago, MBot said:

We recently found this server and are enjoing this very much. Thank you!

A small tibit you might want to consider. I assume the Viggen is intended to represent a Cold War era AJ 37 (the AJS 37 modification is from the 90s). In this case, Rb24/Rb24J Sidewinders should be restricted to the two fuselage pylons. The AJ 37 was not wired to carry Sidewinders on the 4 wing pylons.

We are working within the confines of what is modeled in DCS and not represented from the real world. We are prioritizing balance/parity between the both sides as more cold war planes enter playable status. The Mig-21 can carry 6 missiles. This is a lot in comparison to the F-5 and if we restricted the Viggen to 2 missiles only then this would cause quite an imbalance.

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 2

• ED Team
On 11/30/2021 at 12:40 AM, LoneS said:

I didnt say he owns it. I gave one example to something he was the first to do and that it would be great if enigma would just do his thing of keeping things as simple as they are for newcomers to hang around and stop copying things like that from the other CW server and we only have 2 cW server. one is friendlier for beginners and one is not which is alpens. and now enigma talks about navigation and moving away from f10 map and slowly the server settings not the mission will be exactly like alpens and because hes the new guy with new server the hype is there. so in the end it will be just like alpens server but the mission is different and then we have one server when we could have 2 with different SETTINGS... Im talking about the setup of the mission. what s next enigma? limiting lives and weapons and adding more restrictions and single helipads and combined arms for dynamic and all that stuff?  that s what I mean by the setup of the mission and not the mission and objectives.... hope that makes clear what I meant by setting or setup.

enigma always says he wants something for the CW community but its obvious to me that he for whatever reason wants to take over. probably for a name in the game and fame and youtube shine. the community and even ED would profit more from having 2 active server than 1 replacing 1. maybe it feels good to take over I think it does to him and maybe to you because you seem to think alpenserver is not good moderated but thats your opinion

every time i talk about these things on discord enigma just go silent and never responds which makes me sure thats his plan.... and if its his no one can stop because everyone can start a server like bignewy said and we know that but its such shame to see that.....

2 servers!!!! very different setups!!!!!! and we have great CW club!!!!! or just 1 for one persons reasons and goals.... hope its not the second choice#

Alpen's server is not friendly for anyone due to constant teamkilling. There are many people in the community that would moderate the server for him if he allowed it, it's his own choice.

Roadbases were in game since Viggen arrived and many servers used the concept. It's also a critical concept to have in a cold war scenario, due to loss of airbases, and in particular it was logistically necessary to include it on this server in particular because of lack of airbases between Kutaisi and Tbilisi. They weren't included as an extra "shiny" feature, they were needed to make he server playable.

As for realism - all servers are realistic by default most of the time. Alpen doesn't own the concept of realism in a flight sim, what are you on about?

The rest I won't even address, how old are you? What are those conspiracy theories? This server is mainly for people who want same environment as Alpen, but more proficiently done. Whether it succeeds at that, we will see.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:40 PM, Bolt1 said:

Please don’t spade and neuter the plane loadouts like the “other” server , that got to be annoying. 

Loadouts have to be limited to loadouts from the period represented by the server. You can't have SFWs in the 80s just because aircraft that would carry them today already existed.

Edited by m4ti140

10 hours ago, alexej21 said:

Hi,

the server is absolutely amazing with good immersion.

The aircraft selection for each side + loadout make sence to me and I would not change it.

Good job !

Thank you. Make sure to thank the staff if you ever see them online, they are the ones building everything

• Like 1

With another campaign down, I just have to report that I have have had a blast.

It's been great linking up with random pilots and especially given my deep dive into flying the Viggen this Campaign, I've really enjoyed getting to fly with a solid group of equally speed hungry Viggen pilots!

Looking forward to what Campaign #3 brings us!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Alpen's server is not friendly for anyone due to constant teamkilling. There are many people in the community that would moderate the server for him if he allowed it, it's his own choice.

Alpen doesnt tolerate intensional team killing. Not even Kamikaze kills.

Provide him with an tacview track or so and the team killer will get his time out.

Are you thinking about a no GPS version of your server running at the same time as your original. For the people that dont like the gamey approach?

7 hours ago, MMI_Grim said:

Alpen doesnt tolerate intensional team killing. Not even Kamikaze kills.

Provide him with an tacview track or so and the team killer will get his time out.

Are you thinking about a no GPS version of your server running at the same time as your original. For the people that dont like the gamey approach?

The f10 self view is there to make it more accessible for users. We understand that most people are coming to cold war for the very first time and are used to flying planes that have more advanced navigation systems. So we were lowering the barrier of entry. We will potentially remove them in the future but want to give users time to play cold war for the first time without getting lost.

Edited by Enigma89

5 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

The f10 self view is there to make it more accessible for users. We understand that most people are coming to cold war for the very first time and are used to flying planes that have more advanced navigation systems. So we were lowering the barrier of entry. We will potentially remove them in the future but want to give users time to play cold war for the first time without getting lost.

As long as you add portable TACAN near friendly unit for the F-5, then i'm goochie

Edited by ustio

• ED Team
8 hours ago, ustio said:

As long as you add portable TACAN near friendly unit for the F-5, then i'm goochie

That wouldn't be fair to MiG-21 players due to its RSBN implementation being static and disconnected from actual RSBN implementation in core game. You have TACAN at Kutaisi. Just use the F10 ruler and subtract 5 for magnetic deviation. Almost Every Georgian airfield has a TACAN, so you have full coverage, and as long as you have a station in range you can arrive precisely at any point you want.

Edited by NineLine
Removed 1.6

When I said don’t spade and neuter , I meant allow the Viggie to have her full compliment of A2A missles , ie: the 24 /74 , let the Mig21 have her full compliment of R60Ms , and since the F5 is limited to just 2 , let her have the AIM9PS or whatever A2A missles it could carry , I fly Blue or Red depending on the bribe . If you’re already doing this thanks , if you don’t , it’s all good , it’s your server , your rules , I look at DCS servers like a Mormon with 7 wives , you get tired or aggravated with one , then it’s time to rotate 😬

• ED Team

I have removed some more 1.6, please keep the discussion on Enigma's server and that only, I am sure he is working hard to make this server for everyone so they can fight in virtual planes on the server, not with words on the forum. If you dont like this server, then find another and be happy. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

13 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

That wouldn't be fair to MiG-21 players due to its RSBN implementation being static and disconnected from actual RSBN implementation in core game. You have TACAN at Kutaisi. Just use the F10 ruler and subtract 5 for magnetic deviation. Almost Every Georgian airfield has a TACAN, so you have full coverage, and as long as you have a station in range you can arrive precisely at any point you want.

Okay maybe just add those the over Sochi. 

Strike missions with the Viggen have been super fun, so I can definitely see how it would be great to do it on Red For with MiGs.

It's really amazing how the combination of SRS and the dynamically moving map really almost seems to generate teamwork (I've found random pilots on the server and just teamed up to hit targets and it's been amazing).