Patch Notes:

V71

-RED_00_FARP renamed to RED_30_FARP (this is the farp between Sector 30 and Tsbilisi)

-SRS IP Briefing Updated

-Mig-21 Kutaisi #13 Missing S-24s Fixed

-MANPAD Template Reduced by 1 for FARP and Airfield protection. Previously 3 launchers per group, now 2.

-2x More GCI slots Added Per Side

-Blue Helo FARP 11 Taking FIre on Take Off (Fixed)

-Petrovic Info Boxes Removed (Magic Heading Box)

-Blue Road Base 29 F5 #2 Not Hot Started (Fixed)

-Weapon Safety Height on Viggens changed from Medium to Low

-Hinds that could not take Rockets (fixed)

-Airfield (not road base) protection has been altered where each template is smaller (1 launcher instead of 2) but there are more groups

-FARP Support Logistical Units are Now Invulnerable

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bolt1 said:

Has the Gazelle Mistral been added or is it going to be added ? , in regards to the Hind having A2A capability now …

The Hinds do not have any extra a2a capability than before.

The Mistral is not being added.

• Like 1

Ok I have a question. I joined as Mi-8 in the following scenario (see attached pic). The red FARP in question was the only one I was able to spawn and its literally the furthest back and as far in the red side backyard as possible and therefore as far from the front as it could possible be.
Still upon trying to load troops to change the course of war, I get the message "can't load troops this close to the frontline" . 
Well thats unfortunate and quite frustrating. How am I supposed to help change the front /battle, if I can't even get troops in my own backyard.
Can this be adjusted, at least for the scenario when you are deep in your own territory, regardless of the front?

image.png

CSAR Operations

I had a similar scenario where in I took of in a Huey from the most western side of the map far from the frontline. My FM Homing took me all the way to the frontline a good twenty divisions with no deviations for any other downed pilots on my route. FM Homing gives bearing only not range for downed pilots. I just wondered if there is a way of determining, via the map maybe or F10 menu, the  rough co-ords of the downed pilots. Unless others can enlighten me of a different way to search for the downed aircrew?

Edited by Mordants
System incorrectly mentioned

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

10 hours ago, Snappy said:

Ok I have a question. I joined as Mi-8 in the following scenario (see attached pic). The red FARP in question was the only one I was able to spawn and its literally the furthest back and as far in the red side backyard as possible and therefore as far from the front as it could possible be.
Still upon trying to load troops to change the course of war, I get the message "can't load troops this close to the frontline" . 
Well thats unfortunate and quite frustrating. How am I supposed to help change the front /battle, if I can't even get troops in my own backyard.
Can this be adjusted, at least for the scenario when you are deep in your own territory, regardless of the front?

image.png

Oh what an interesting bug. This is because this sits outside a sector. We will look into this.

Thanks for this server, this sound really great. I am kinda sad, that I don't own any of these planes (except for the free SU-25). I was hoping that the M2000c was included, as I am trying to learn it for two weeks now and nearly finished the campaign :).

15 hours ago, iuiz said:

Thanks for this server, this sound really great. I am kinda sad, that I don't own any of these planes (except for the free SU-25). I was hoping that the M2000c was included, as I am trying to learn it for two weeks now and nearly finished the campaign :).

The earlier Mirage being worked on will probably work well on the server, but sadly the M2000c, while a really cool plane, is way, way, way too advanced for this server.

I'd recommend trialing the MiG-21bis or Viggen whenever you are done trialing the M2000c to get in on some sweet, sweet delta wing action.

Edited by Parabe11um

14 hours ago, Parabe11um said:

The earlier Mirage being worked on will probably work well on the server, but sadly the M2000c, while a really cool plane, is way, way, way too advanced for this server.

I'd recommend trialing the MiG-21bis or Viggen whenever you are done trialing the M2000c to get in on some sweet, sweet delta wing action.

The Mirage F.1 will be the most advanced fighter with respect to the current roster. Red will not have anything to equal it until Razbam’s Mig-23 arrives.

If only we had Mirage IIIc… it was the historical enemy of the Mig 17/19/21. Mirage III, ahhhh, one can still dream… maybe Aerges will do that after the F.1 🙏

… and Augragan, Mystere IV, Super Mystere, will be awesome on the cold war servers too. Dassault was producing great planes one after the other back then. Too bad none of these are on the roadmap.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 12/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Mordants said:

CSAR Operations

I had a similar scenario where in I took of in a Huey from the most western side of the map far from the frontline. My FM Homing took me all the way to the frontline a good twenty divisions with no deviations for any other downed pilots on my route. FM Homing gives bearing only not range for downed pilots. I just wondered if there is a way of determining, via the map maybe or F10 menu, the  rough co-ords of the downed pilots. Unless others can enlighten me of a different way to search for the downed aircrew?

I noticed something similar on red side. You can be sometimes very close  to red smoke and still the homing indicator doesn't pick up anything and then  again sometimes you get a signal indication (on Channel 4 of the ARC-UD with an alive needle indication ) and it leads you all the way over across X sectors to the other end of the map.

@Enigma89  could you kindly double check that the CSAR radio homing is set up correctly for  both sides  and please do a practical test if you find the time?

Maybe the signal output strength / range needs tuning.  I would expect the beacon to lead me to nearest downed pilot and not all the way across the map, especially since it doesnt provide range , like Mordants already said.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edit: Also, side question: is there a time delay between a Pilot ejecting and once he starts transmitting his beacon?  Do AI ejections from bombers for example generate downed pilots too?

Edited by Snappy

18 hours ago, Snappy said:

I noticed something similar on red side. You can be sometimes very close  to red smoke and still the homing indicator doesn't pick up anything and then  again sometimes you get a signal indication (on Channel 4 of the ARC-UD with an alive needle indication ) and it leads you all the way over across X sectors to the other end of the map.

@Enigma89  could you kindly double check that the CSAR radio homing is set up correctly for  both sides  and please do a practical test if you find the time?

Maybe the signal output strength / range needs tuning.  I would expect the beacon to lead me to nearest downed pilot and not all the way across the map, especially since it doesnt provide range , like Mordants already said.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edit: Also, side question: is there a time delay between a Pilot ejecting and once he starts transmitting his beacon?  Do AI ejections from bombers for example generate downed pilots too?

Bomber pilots do give CSAR pilots. The pilot must reach the ground then they are transformed into a CSAR soldier.

The radio beacons get funky if you are flying low, if you fly higher they will work properly (or should at least). In the interim, we added a csar menu in F10 radio menu to help you find people.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:14 AM, HC_Official said:

Screen_211221_135922.jpg

@Enigma89 If FARP gets attacked trucks panic and move .... then stop on the helipads ... which wont end well

Do you know which farp this was?

• Thanks 1

@Enigma89 no I do not know which farp this was, but if config is common across farps it will mean the AI need to be told not to scatter (dispersion) when attacked, this would stop them moving

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

16 hours ago, sLYFa said:

You cant load troops in the Hind anymore, thats intended. Only CSAR. 

aww man that sucks

@Enigma89 if this is intended it might be useful to remove the menu option from the hinds to load troops, that way people will not think it is a bug

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

11 hours ago, HC_Official said:

aww man that sucks

@Enigma89 if this is intended it might be useful to remove the menu option from the hinds to load troops, that way people will not think it is a bug

It is intended. Thank you for the idea.

11 hours ago, Slice313 said:

I found out about the server recently and I just wanted to say, thank you! I am discovering the cold war modules and loving them, the server is big big fun!

I am glad you are discovering the cold war modules and that you are enjoying the server. The Cold War era is where DCS really shines IMO and I am happy to hear of another convert. 🙂

• Like 1