On 12/23/2021 at 5:29 AM, Enigma89 said:

Bomber pilots do give CSAR pilots. The pilot must reach the ground then they are transformed into a CSAR soldier.

The radio beacons get funky if you are flying low, if you fly higher they will work properly (or should at least). In the interim, we added a csar menu in F10 radio menu to help you find people.

Do you know which farp this was?

Re we added a csar menu in F10 radio menu to help you find people.

Thanks for that but. I'm not too bright though, how do I interpret the first bit of the code I've highlighted in red

CSAR_1_7089.721: 299 for 271.5 kilometres

I read through a copy of a CSAR lua script and found the line below, but couldn't see a relationship with those co-ordinates.

csar.coordtype = 3 -- Use Lat/Long DDM (0), Lat/Long DMS (1), MGRS (2), Bullseye imperial (3) or Bullseye metric (4) for coordinates

Sorry in advance if its a dumbass question.

Enigma CSAR.jpg

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

42 minutes ago, Mordants said:

Re we added a csar menu in F10 radio menu to help you find people.

Thanks for that but. I'm not too bright though, how do I interpret the first bit of the code I've highlighted in red

CSAR_1_7089.721: 299 for 271.5 kilometres

I read through a copy of a CSAR lua script and found the line below, but couldn't see a relationship with those co-ordinates.

csar.coordtype = 3 -- Use Lat/Long DDM (0), Lat/Long DMS (1), MGRS (2), Bullseye imperial (3) or Bullseye metric (4) for coordinates

Sorry in advance if its a dumbass question.

Enigma CSAR.jpg

It means nothing right now for players. 

On 12/29/2021 at 5:48 AM, MildWeasel said:

Can we get hot start for the Mig 19 until comm menu bug is fixed?  I just bought this module to play on this server, but I can't use it 🙃

This was implemented. 

Phew that's a relief, not so dumb after all!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

4 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

It means nothing right now for players. 

This was implemented. 

Is there any system in the way the individual CSARs are listed? It's obviously not closest to most distant from player or bearing -  Right now the list seems random when you call it up?

Also, if it doesn't become too complicated, could you implement a possibility to rescue pilots that are shot down in forests?

Right now you sometimes fly dozens of miles distance to a CSAR mission, only to find out that its in a  forest and that you can't land nearby and take him aboard , which is a bit annoying. Maybe the downed pilot could be recognized as "boarded" after hovering x amount of time over his position in order to simulate a hoist rescue.

Kind regards,

Snappy

16 hours ago, Snappy said:

Is there any system in the way the individual CSARs are listed? It's obviously not closest to most distant from player or bearing -  Right now the list seems random when you call it up?

Also, if it doesn't become too complicated, could you implement a possibility to rescue pilots that are shot down in forests?

Right now you sometimes fly dozens of miles distance to a CSAR mission, only to find out that its in a  forest and that you can't land nearby and take him aboard , which is a bit annoying. Maybe the downed pilot could be recognized as "boarded" after hovering x amount of time over his position in order to simulate a hoist rescue.

Kind regards,

Snappy

Regards the hovering, I've done that earlier so it's already implemented. Just hover tree top level for about 5 seconds and the pilot hops on board.

5 hours ago, Mordants said:

Regards the hovering, I've done that earlier so it's already implemented. Just hover tree top level for about 5 seconds and the pilot hops on board.

Oh, ok ,thank you very much , didnt know that Mordants! Will have to try that next time.

3 hours ago, Spirale said:

Hi Enigma, i suppose it's a bit weird to ask but.....Is it possible to add the Harrier ? (i don( know if it has already been discussed...asked...).

I like your server a lot, a big thank to have created and support it 🙂

You can wait for Enigmas official reply, but I 'm very sure, it is way too modern for the era simulated on the server. It brings capabilities far beyond what was available in the cold war of that time.Yes , Harriers already flew during the cold war's later phases , but they were very different from the variant we have in DCS and no amount of restricting loadouts is going to negate in inherent advantages in avionics tech of that new version.

Edited by Snappy

14 hours ago, Spirale said:

Hi Enigma, i suppose it's a bit weird to ask but.....Is it possible to add the Harrier ? (i don( know if it has already been discussed...asked...).

I like your server a lot, a big thank to have created and support it 🙂

Too modern to add for now.

We are working on fleshing out the server and its mechanics. When we are done, we can entertain these discussions. As of right now we are working on the existing pipeline.

Edited by Enigma89

55 minutes ago, Rakkis said:

With the latest iteration being truly fantastic, what are the odds of getting the eternally free community A-4E added?

Since the idea behind this server is as many players as possible as its primary goal, I would think there is zero chance the A-4 would be added since it requires everyone in the server to have it installed.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

5 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Since the idea behind this server is as many players as possible as its primary goal, I would think there is zero chance the A-4 would be added since it requires everyone in the server to have it installed.

By now people have figured out a way to go around this requirement, although everyone without the mod will see the Su-27 instead of the A-4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

If the idea is to have as many players as possible, wouldn't supporting another FREE High Fidelity aircraft, lowering the entrance fee, be more a boon than a hindrance?

I'm going to have to look into this. I don't see why anyone would not have that amazing A4E. It's a payware quality airplane, for free!

The F86 and the A4e are about the only Cold War jets that I have. Are there Sabres on the server, too? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

I'm going to have to look into this. I don't see why anyone would not have that amazing A4E. It's a payware quality airplane, for free!

The F86 and the A4e are about the only Cold War jets that I have. Are there Sabres on the server, too? 

yes, according to the Server FAQ  , the F-86 is there. Check out the FAQ if you havent already,  it gives a good overview of things:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1I-aD-s3zoEpV4gGu7QIrEdywkpklfT40te-mYlX3zk8/edit?usp=sharing

Regards

Snappy

On 1/11/2022 at 11:26 PM, shadepiece said:

Is there any plans to turn on wake turbulence, and add some wind? I would feel a lot more immersed if these were added.

My understanding is that adding wake turbulence would reduce server load and cause lag. As we are one of the largest DCS servers in terms of players, we have to cut out some things that may cause lag like turbulence. 

On 1/7/2022 at 1:06 PM, Rakkis said:

If the idea is to have as many players as possible, wouldn't supporting another FREE High Fidelity aircraft, lowering the entrance fee, be more a boon than a hindrance?

This is addressed in the server's FAQ. There is no way for us to regulate what version of the mod people have installed unless we build our own server-based integrity check. If you do not have it installed then you see a su-27 which makes it confusing. 

We would need ED to make some official mod support in order for us to be able to add it on and to have fences around it to insure a pleasurable experience for players.

• Thanks 3

After 27 days, Blue has won Campaign #5. This was the longest campaign we have ever had in the history of the server. The forward airfields in the center map changed hands three times and Blue was down to two sectors on two different occasions. 

This campaign was also the first one where we had a breakthrough and blue was able to capture three sectors in a two hour span. 

Thank you for everyone for making this campaign such a memorable one.

The dev team is working very hard on some systemic changes that will be adding some new mechanics, we will be pushing live during this campaign.

• Like 4

Great server, that's what I have been looking for to entertain hind and bis. Unfortunately have been kicked out twice yesterday, one time while blue captured sector, second time my PC crashed and shut down randomly - I got black screen. That has happened before once in single player, so not sure if this is beta release issue or what.

Also at some point when blue were close (I rhink 2 secors) I could not find farp or jump in to hind from the airfield. Can we have a farp next to a home base or option to take off from an airfield in helos?

As a newbie in DCS (especially MP), can you help me find out what are the channels in hind radio(s) to tune to the server frequencies?

PS would love A4 :)

39 minutes ago, hetman_ said:

Great server, that's what I have been looking for to entertain hind and bis. Unfortunately have been kicked out twice yesterday, one time while blue captured sector, second time my PC crashed and shut down randomly - I got black screen. That has happened before once in single player, so not sure if this is beta release issue or what.

Also at some point when blue were close (I rhink 2 secors) I could not find farp or jump in to hind from the airfield. Can we have a farp next to a home base or option to take off from an airfield in helos?

As a newbie in DCS (especially MP), can you help me find out what are the channels in hind radio(s) to tune to the server frequencies?

PS would love A4 🙂

Since we went to the new server box, we haven't had any server crashes so that may just be local things happening on your end.

The FARPs are located where they are for balance reasons. Sometimes there are more, sometimes there are less. It just depends where the frontline is. When RED is pushed back super far, you should spawn at FARP_30. 

The radio information can be found here and also all details on the server:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1I-aD-s3zoEpV4gGu7QIrEdywkpklfT40te-mYlX3zk8/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I am new to CSAR missions in HIND and I thought ADF freq. will make my compass lead me to the downed pilot, so I am not sure how to put coordinates into HIND to find downed pilot.

From what I read above numbers at CSAR list that I got from menu are not usable or I am wrong. How do you find someone to rescue, please someone to explain, I am sure I am not the only one confused, and I tried to read forum, to watch videos and to ask on server but I assume there are busy with other more important things.

1588986891_EnigmaCSAR.thumb.jpg.fe426176332f176a4f0a0c5ec8c2952e.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SECeasar said:

Ok so I am new to CSAR missions in HIND and I thought ADF freq. will make my compass lead me to the downed pilot, so I am not sure how to put coordinates into HIND to find downed pilot.

From what I read above numbers at CSAR list that I got from menu are not usable or I am wrong. How do you find someone to rescue, please someone to explain, I am sure I am not the only one confused, and I tried to read forum, to watch videos and to ask on server but I assume there are busy with other more important things.

1588986891_EnigmaCSAR.thumb.jpg.fe426176332f176a4f0a0c5ec8c2952e.jpg

The number string next to CSAR_1_ is not useable in game. I fly the Mi-8 and use the ARK-UD system to home in on a SAR rescue, on channel 4. The Distance and Bearing co-ordinates I put in the doppler system to aid navigation. When within range you may see a flare deployed and within 2k smoke blue/red will be deployed. The equivalent SAR system in the Hind is the ARK-U2. Chucks guide should be able to help you use it. 

Edited by Mordants
explanation
  • Like 1