Hello.
I would like to know how to use lotatc on your server. I followed the procedure in the faq. I manage to connect, but I do not see any human flight.
 I have the impression of seeing a front line that does not correspond to what I see in the game.
does anyone currently use lotatc? is there a trick?

Edited by Flav

Beautiful server! Really well done.

My friends and I are flying often in these days. This is pretty much our first serious experience on DCS. We come from il-2, and we love the fact that we have planes that fight in visual range. 

We are really enjoying this server with this planeset.

We are having some troubles with the visibility of the contacts, specially when they are low and on the forests (even when they are close). We tried to change some graphics settings, solving little.
Any tips about it? What are the best graphical settings for contact visibility?

PS: we have monitors, no VR.

If you have a Nvidia graphics card, make sure you are using the first option in the Nvidia Control Panel titled 'Image Scaling'.  

I use 50% but many use 20 to 30%.  Make sure to checkmark "Overlay Indicator" too.  I swear I can now see the bombers twice as far away now; especially looking down when they are flying below contrail level.  It sharpens the edges.  See YT videos for 'Nvidia Image Scaling"  often referred to as NIS.  Salut!

Screenshot (55).png

I think this server would benefit from the blue dot/red dot labeling but that is considered a 'crutch'.  It would cut down on the expensive use of every time people call Overlord bot for guidance, etc.  fyi.

Edited by Maximo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:40 PM, Hellrider11 said:

My friends and I are flying often in these days. This is pretty much our first serious experience on DCS. We come from il-2, and we love the fact that we have planes that fight in visual range. 

We are having some troubles with the visibility of the contacts, specially when they are low and on the forests (even when they are close). We tried to change some graphics settings, solving little.

Along with the post from above, I would suggest posting in discord to try to get more help. Most of the community is discord based and you will get faster answers there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

just a question i tried the A-10A and the SU-25 on your server. Why can the SU-25 have R60 for self defense while the A-10A can not have sidewinders?

Am 8.2.2022 um 22:19 schrieb Maximo:

If you have a Nvidia graphics card, make sure you are using the first option in the Nvidia Control Panel titled 'Image Scaling'.  

I use 50% but many use 20 to 30%.  Make sure to checkmark "Overlay Indicator" too.  I swear I can now see the bombers twice as far away now; especially looking down when they are flying below contrail level.  It sharpens the edges.  See YT videos for 'Nvidia Image Scaling"  often referred to as NIS.  Salut!

Screenshot (55).png

I think this server would benefit from the blue dot/red dot labeling but that is considered a 'crutch'.  It would cut down on the expensive use of every time people call Overlord bot for guidance, etc.  fyi.

thanks...have to try this as well. 🙂

On 2/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, Flav said:
Hello.
I would like to know how to use lotatc on your server. I followed the procedure in the faq. I manage to connect, but I do not see any human flight.
 I have the impression of seeing a front line that does not correspond to what I see in the game.
does anyone currently use lotatc? is there a trick?

We recently turned it off because of performance issues around LOTATC

On 2/6/2022 at 6:40 PM, Hellrider11 said:

This is really just DCS spotting in a nut shell, it's tricky but overlord should help direct your eyes in the direction to look in. Here are the settings I use (no vr)

unknown.png

On 2/20/2022 at 7:30 AM, spacemishka said:

Hi there,

just a question i tried the A-10A and the SU-25 on your server. Why can the SU-25 have R60 for self defense while the A-10A can not have sidewinders?

thanks...have to try this as well. 🙂

The A-10 gets two sidewinders but only on one pylon. DCS does not allow us to give it just one sidewinder per pylon, so we gave it two on one pylon and a pod on the other pylon to equal out the weight.

Lastly, sorry for responding slowly, we are mostly discord based and I check the forums infrequently but glad you like the server. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hoya916 said:

I'd just like to say that flying on this server is the most fun I've had in DCS.  Thanks so much for all the work to make this happen!!!

-Omaha 1-1 | Wiseblood

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, glad you like it

The biggest problem is need DCS internal AWACS not that <profanity> overlord bot.

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

On 3/31/2022 at 2:15 AM, zhouyut001 said:

The biggest problem is need DCS internal AWACS not that <profanity> overlord bot.

The DCS Internal AWACS is not sufficient for a cold war setting with the amount of players that we have. This is why we use Overlord. The original DCS AWACS system was made a long time ago for a different era of planes, so it makes sense we use a more appropriate system for the era. You are free to use the original DCS AWACS system on the server if you wish and it can be found on channel 3.

On 3/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, KONGMAN said:

server is down after update?

WHen updates come out the server has to be updated, its usually up soon after, it's up now.

Edited by Enigma89

8 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

The DCS Internal AWACS is not sufficient for a cold war setting with the amount of players that we have. This is why we use Overlord. The original DCS AWACS system was made a long time ago for a different era of planes, so it makes sense we use a more appropriate system for the era. You are free to use the original DCS AWACS system on the server if you wish and it can be found on channel 3.

WHen updates come out the server has to be updated, its usually up soon after, it's up now.

The is a original dcs awacs?I never heared the awacs call and request bogy dope no any response on channal 3.

• HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro

13 hours ago, zhouyut001 said:

The is a original dcs awacs?I never heared the awacs call and request bogy dope no any response on channal 3.

Sorry, it's channel 4 not 3. It's in the briefing. If you are in the MIg-21 it would be channel 3 because the Mig-21 has a channel 0 so its off set by one.

Sorry for the confusion!

Edited by Enigma89

Im very pleased with this server. I would like to thanks all involved, cold war era is kinda sweet spot for many and some of WW2 sim vets are coming (myself included). The ping is kinda high (around 130) for me but Im in Europe so its expected but mostly it runs smoothly. Also it definitely needs more slots as it is very popular and often full (at peak time). Keep up the good work!

Edited by Tvrdi

7 hours ago, Tvrdi said:

Im very pleased with this server. I would like to thanks all involved, cold war era is kinda sweet spot for many and some of WW2 sim vets are coming (myself included). The ping is kinda high (around 130) for me but Im in Europe so its expected but mostly it runs smoothly. Also it definitely needs more slots as it is very popular and often full (at peak time). Keep up the good work!

Thank you. Which slots did you notice were low? 

7 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

Thank you. Which slots did you notice were low? 

I meant in general. 56 is max number of slots server offers. Probably it is limited because of stability? Also, I noticed most of the air to air combat occurs very low which isnt fully historical but the same problem we had on ww2 servers in IL2 and DCS. This is something which isnt easy to solve.

Edited by Tvrdi

13 hours ago, Tvrdi said:

I meant in general. 56 is max number of slots server offers. Probably it is limited because of stability? Also, I noticed most of the air to air combat occurs very low which isnt fully historical but the same problem we had on ww2 servers in IL2 and DCS. This is something which isnt easy to solve.

Yes 56 is the max we can run. It just gets way too busy with any more. I am fairly confident we could get 60 or maybe even 70 concurrent players but it would just cause too much chaos.

Edited by Enigma89

On 4/7/2022 at 11:42 PM, Enigma89 said:

Sorry, it's channel 4 not 3. It's in the briefing. If you are in the MIg-21 it would be channel 3 because the Mig-21 has a channel 0 so its off set by one.

Sorry for the confusion!

I used flying mig 21 before ,channel 3 not working.

Hello Folks,

Great server.  🙂

Enjoying the server whilst flying in the Huey, but would appreciate some tips on how best to insert troops and carry out Heli Ops.  For example:

1.  How do I know where best to drop off my troops for combat (how do I now where the enemy troops are)?

2.  Is it worth more than 1 Huey (2 or 3 plus) dropping off troops together in the same place or is that a waste?

3.  Why do my troops not disembark sometimes, even when I am within range and taking hits from enemy units?  Disembarkation success seems very hit and miss.  😞

4.  Is the human ground controller able to contact Huey pilots and detail troop insertion points in a joined up organised way?  

5.  Would there be any mileage in having a Helicopter Operations Controller slot available on SRS?  I ask this because the single ground controller slot currently available on SRS mostly appears to be very busy and focused on fast air.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png