On 6/15/2022 at 7:40 AM, USA_Recon said:

I’m wanting to fly the F-14 exclusively with squad mates - is this possible now ?

No and it will never be possible to exclusively fly the F-14 on the server. There are already a lot of servers that cater to that, we are trying to do something different. 

I would recommend flying the main modules on the server, earning enough credits to fly the F-14 in the server. 

Edited by Enigma89

On 6/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, Enigma89 said:

No and it will never be possible to exclusively fly the F-14 on the server. There are already a lot of servers that cater to that, we are trying to do something different. 

I would recommend flying the main modules on the server, earning enough credits to fly the F-14 in the server. 

Ok so this is some sort of gamey level-up server up not really made for dedicated sim pilots . 

thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, really enjoying the server. Great work, I may have just missed it it but is there a list of nav frequencies for airfields and farps? I find it really difficult to keep checking on f10 in VR. If they are somewhere I can make a kneeboard for them. I'm mostly in f5 or hind (never in the same session!) Thanks

29 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Hi, really enjoying the server. Great work, I may have just missed it it but is there a list of nav frequencies for airfields and farps? I find it really difficult to keep checking on f10 in VR. If they are somewhere I can make a kneeboard for them. I'm mostly in f5 or hind (never in the same session!) Thanks

We do not have frequencies set for FARPs as there were just too many and it was too time consuming to make for each of them. 

The airfields should have their standard frequencies AFAIK as they are hard coded into the map for the different modules. I personally don't use navigation systems ever and just navigate visually so I won't be able to help you more than that. Hopefully someone else responds here or you can join us on the discord as the community is housed there and it is extremely active (you will get answers within a minute of posting)

Hi Enigma,

I just recently started playing on your server (with a SU-27 that is) and went of kind of a buying frenzy in this sale, so I can constantly play on it 😄
My question is regarding the recon-functionality.
Is it planned to be able to do recon in the F-5? It would be realistic since  there has been the Recon F-5E Tigereye and it's direct counterpart on the server, the MiG-21 is able to do recon as well.

I'd love to push the campaign by doing recon but sadly I have zero interest in the Viggen, so that would be a nice (and realistic) asset from my perspective.
I'm sure there is a reason why it's only available for the Viggen on Blufor but one can hope, I guess 😛

1 hour ago, LiquidGER said:

Hi Enigma,

I just recently started playing on your server (with a SU-27 that is) and went of kind of a buying frenzy in this sale, so I can constantly play on it 😄
My question is regarding the recon-functionality.
Is it planned to be able to do recon in the F-5? It would be realistic since  there has been the Recon F-5E Tigereye and it's direct counterpart on the server, the MiG-21 is able to do recon as well.

I'd love to push the campaign by doing recon but sadly I have zero interest in the Viggen, so that would be a nice (and realistic) asset from my perspective.
I'm sure there is a reason why it's only available for the Viggen on Blufor but one can hope, I guess 😛

We do not have the Su-27 on the server.

We do not have plans to do F-5 recon yet. The Mig-21 already has recon. We are thinking of adding recon to the trainer planes but are still thinking on it.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Enigma89:

We do not have the Su-27 on the server.

We do not have plans to do F-5 recon yet. The Mig-21 already has recon. We are thinking of adding recon to the trainer planes but are still thinking on it.

SU-25, sorry my bad 🙂

alright, thank you for taking the time to answer my question!
No realistic hope to flying the "Tigereye" then 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 6:51 PM, Enigma89 said:

On 6/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, USA_Recon said:

Ok so this is some sort of gamey level-up server up not really made for dedicated sim pilots . 

thanks!

It is a sound design decision to restrict the F-14 (and the MiG-29 as the REDFOR analogue) since the F-5/AJS-37 and MiG-19/21 are meant to be the mainstay.

If everyone could freely use the most cutting-edge Cold War jets, they would be the norm, and the earlier planes would find themselves in a similar position as in traditional servers: outclassed, hard mode without substantial skill. It is totally valid to give them the spotlight.

The "dedicated sim pilot" smugness is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by Shadow86
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I am looking to get into DCS Cold War and I found out that enigma's server is a very good one and I would be very interested to check it out!

However, I could not find the server by searching its name on the Multiplayer list and when I tried to connect to it using the IP address the server was offline (yes, I do have the Open Beta version and tried connecting at various different times in the day but the server was always offline). It is worth noting that when I tried to connect to the "Cold War 1947 - 1991" and the "Growing Sidewinder" servers I had the same problems. Nevertheless, when I tried the IP address of a random server that popped up in my Multiplayer list, I was able to connect to it just fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? (maybe there is a new IP address) 

Thanks for the help!

Edited by PeriPar

On 7/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, Shadow86 said:

It is a sound design decision to restrict the F-14 (and the MiG-29 as the REDFOR analogue) since the F-5/AJS-37 and MiG-19/21 are meant to be the mainstay.

If everyone could freely use the most cutting-edge Cold War jets, they would be the norm, and the earlier planes would find themselves in a similar position as in traditional servers: outclassed, hard mode without substantial skill. It is totally valid to give them the spotlight.

The "dedicated sim pilot" smugness is entirely irrelevant.

His answer was sufficient but your “smugness” response is unneeded.  Not everyone shares your toxicity opinion on “dedication”.  I don’t fly to level up or earn badges - but nice try .   

good luck with the server Enigma - tbh I watched your Tomcat video and assumed I could fly it on your server

Edited by USA_Recon
  • Like 1

There are people who already play Cold War. There are people considering playing cold war. Then there are people who aren't even aware of Cold War and don't know the value of the era within DCS. This video is geared toward the latter. It is to build awareness and to build a pipeline of players to come and to start considering Cold War. I

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday i flew the first time on the server, it was really fun!

A question for my understanding: Frontline Units are spawning in the area of the red-blue frontline and are the major targets i should attack with A10/Su25, right?

So most probably, i find target vehicles in the area of the frontline?

Edited by Paladin2005

On 7/16/2022 at 1:45 AM, Paladin2005 said:

A question for my understanding: Frontline Units are spawning in the area of the red-blue frontline and are the major targets i should attack with A10/Su25, right?

Welcome!

1) Yes, the front line units that spawn are very good targets in an A-10 or Su-25.

2) Targets populate along the first front line sector (so the first Blue sector contains Blue targets for Red to hit and vice versa). If you are a lucky, a friendly fighter might have performed some recon and generated marks on the map for targets (recon with unarmed aircraft is a server feature). Otherwise it's very possible to spot ground targets by radar or with your eyes by simply flying along your side of the front lines and looking for targets in the enemies front line (targets are grouped together and in open spaces in terms of terrain).

3) Industrial targets and front line depots can also be hit by A-10s or Su-25s (marked on map with labels), but they are further away and you are unlikely to get to target without being intercepted (although the oil platforms on maps tend to be fairly unguarded).

A temporary 2 credit cost has been added to the Mirage F1CE because of the extreme imbalance. Too many people are air quaking and this is not what this server is about. This will go away once the hype dies down.

• 3 weeks later...

Several of my squad with older machines are getting very low FPS and stuttering on Enigma's which makes it unplayable. I have a 1080Ti and get 60+ FPS on all other servers but only 20 or less on Enigma. This is in 2D. Another member gets 10 or so (he's in VR though.

We really want to fly here since it's the only real option for populated Cold War action. Are others having this issue? I suspect that Oveloard may be hogging resources. Is there any way to individually disable it. Any other advice?

On 8/11/2022 at 12:46 AM, Oceandar said:

Is it possible to add the Apache and the Shark despite this cold war thing ?

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

I am sorry but we are not going to go down that path as we find those modules too modern.

On 8/11/2022 at 12:30 AM, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Several of my squad with older machines are getting very low FPS and stuttering on Enigma's which makes it unplayable. I have a 1080Ti and get 60+ FPS on all other servers but only 20 or less on Enigma. This is in 2D. Another member gets 10 or so (he's in VR though.

We really want to fly here since it's the only real option for populated Cold War action. Are others having this issue? I suspect that Oveloard may be hogging resources. Is there any way to individually disable it. Any other advice?

I would recommend posting on the discord to get help. We have found that many people are not optimizing their systems correctly. In general, make sure you are deleting your FXO + Meta shader folders and also setting your clutter graphics option to -15000. Instructions how to do that last one are here: https://throughtheinferno.com/mod/remove-useless-ground-clutter-objects/

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 1:45 AM, Paladin2005 said:

Exactly

10 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

In general, make sure you are deleting your FXO + Meta shader folders and also setting your clutter graphics option to -15000.

Yes, Meta shader and FXO are regularly emptied. 

I set clutter graphics option to -150000 and also disabled Tacview in the Specials tab. I'm now getting 40 - 60 FPS. I'll let our other guys know. Thanks!

15 hours ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Yes, Meta shader and FXO are regularly emptied. 

I set clutter graphics option to -150000 and also disabled Tacview in the Specials tab. I'm now getting 40 - 60 FPS. I'll let our other guys know. Thanks!

This may sound dumb but if you want more frames, try increasing the graphic settings on your shadows. I Just gained another 20 FPS by going from low to high. I am guessing this is shifting the computation from CPU to GPU so it may help you as well.

2 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

This may sound dumb but if you want more frames, try increasing the graphic settings on your shadows. I Just gained another 20 FPS by going from low to high. I am guessing this is shifting the computation from CPU to GPU so it may help you as well.

Yeah, that sounds counter-intuitive but I'll try it.

One thing I noticed while comparing Single player, our JG-1 server and Enigma server is the high memory usage on Enigma. I've now enabled XMP and am gradually turning up the default speed. Currently at 2600 MHz. (32 GB of 4 ea 8 GB G-skill DDR4).

GPU is worked pretty hard on Single player and our server but looks lower on Enigma.

Bottom line, this machine is old and I'm looking to either get a new one or do some upgrades to this one.

03 DCS Quick Mission Free Flight.jpg

04 DCS JG1 Server in flight.jpg

05 Enigma Server.jpg