Funny !

Scoll

Having hit a fence while taxiing, no problem to fly with that ...

I don't post this into Bugs, first 'cause there is no way from DCS to give us a way to post a 50MB track, and there is enough bugs already marked as "reported", "Already reported" or "wip" ( All wwii planes : 116 !!! 39  only for the A8 ! )

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Scoll
count
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, peachmonkey said:

per some accounts, supposedly, this is survivable in general.. However, if it's survivable in A8 specifically, that is a different question...

a2wyos3vuas51.png

You can only imagine the level of vibration you’d pick up with a bent prop like that. It’s a wonder the thing wasn’t shook apart in seconds and that the pilot could see to operate the aircraft and navigate.

3 minutes ago, Mogster said:

You can only imagine the level of vibration you’d pick up with a bent prop like that. It’s a wonder the thing wasn’t shook apart in seconds and that the pilot could see to operate the aircraft and navigate.

heh.. with our A8's engine modeling I was able to fly back home on 7 or 8 cylinders... imagine the vibration.. A couple of bent blades is probably nothing for this monster. 🙂

On 11/22/2021 at 11:04 PM, Mogster said:

As a rule, a reduction gear is located between the propeller and the motor.
This absorbs the vibrations.

Gives some reports about it on the most different models

Um verfolgenden Jägern zu entwischen,drückte Ofw.Bach von der 1.(F)/123 seine Ju88A-6/u(nicht sicher mit der Version) so dicht auf das Mittelmeer herunter,daß durch Wasserberührung Teile der Luftschraubenblätter wegflogen.Die Maschine landete am 25.12.1943 glatt auf ihrem Heimathafen Perugia(Italien)."

To escape from pursuing fighters, Ofw.Bach from the 1.(F)/123
pushed his Ju88A-6/u(not sure about the version) so close to the Mediterranean Sea that parts of the propeller blades flew off.
The plane landed on 25.12.1943 smoothly on its homeport Perth.
on its homeport Perugia(Italy)."

35b5cdd5c429f4e2(1).jpg

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

S!

I bet the damage you see graphically might not be the actual damage received?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  Motherboard: ASUS TUF B550-Plus Memory: Kingston FuryX 64Gb GPU: AMD Radeon 6950XT 16Gb HDD: Samsung EVO SSD x 2 Monitor: Samsung 27" Flight gear: Virpil stick, MFG pedals OS: Windows 11 Pro

• 4 weeks later...

This happens to me often when I try taking off a certain direction at Dunkirk. Glad it isn't just me. A part of me wondered if it were meant to model a real failure that still allowed the plane to be flyable but I wonder if it's something they'll eventually fix. I'm still considering the A8, its tricky and I've grown fond of it now that I have the hang of it.