DCS World 2022 And Beyond Video Teaser...

Lace

What do we think will be teased at the end of the new year video release?

Let the wild speculation begin...

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Since F-15E, phantom, eurofighter, C-130 will come from a 3rd dev, and since there can't be tornado or russian newish planes due to their laws, here my guess,

* F-18 Super hornet

* Mig-29A full fidelity

* F-15C full fidelity

* F-16D or higher blocks

* AH-1

* UH-60

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

F/A-18C II

• Like 4

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Was only thinking at the weekend that we could do with an updated roadmap…

Beyond the Apache (which I’m not overly bothered about) I have very little idea what’s incoming

I guess we have a WW2 version of Marianas (???) and hopefully some ED assets to flesh out - eg Hellcat ??

No idea what ED will pull out next for jets

Third party stuff is much anticipated - South Atlantic, Corsair, Mirage… probably my most anticipated upcoming modules, but who knows when 

MB-339 looks nice as well 

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 3

It may not have another module since Apache is not even in early access yet. Maybe, big maybe - full fidelity MiG-29A or Black Shark 3.

I think other features like new weather effects Vulkan API/Multithreading, FLIR, Dynamic Campaign can be presented, which are even more importent than one new module. Who knows after all. ED needs modules to stay afloat financially, they have to balance things.

Edited by bies
  • Like 4

I hope: a UH-60 (or any variant) module

I think: a C-47 module

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

My speculation, and reasons are as follows:

1. Updates to the weather system (though this is known at this point).
  2. An Early F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: My reasoning is that what we have currently in both the Viper and Hornet were used in early blocks of the Super Hornet, which will significantly cut down development time. And with the upcoming EF2K, will want to also introduce a Gen 4.5 fighter to keep pace, this would also give more people a reason to buy Super Carrier.
  3. A UH60 Variant: Right now the 'Utility' Helicopter role is taken up only by the UH-1H and Mi8 which have very limited offensive and defensive capabilities. A UH60 model of some description would also give incentive to overhaul the SH60 we have in game, and possibly set it up for an eventual module release.
  4. AH-1G: A good counterpart to the UH-1H. A very similar flight model and weapons load will make it a relatively easy module to add to the game.
  5. AH-1W/Z: Another option is the later Cobras, which use many off-the-shelf systems from the AH-64 (makes things cheaper, and eases training), This will also shorten development time significantly since much of the code can be ported over to either helicopter with relative ease.

Now, with the Third Party Devs, I expect to see:

1. F-15E from Razbam get rolled out late in 2022
  2. A-7E rolled out in late 2022
  3. A-6E from Heatblur given a proper trailer in mid 2022 with EA starting late 2022-early 2023
  4. EF2K by Heatblur and True Grit in EA by mid 2022
  5. F4U given a trailer in early 2022, and released by late 2022
  6. MB-339 Released early 2022
  7. South Atlantic Map released by mid 2022

Those are my predictions, but it wouldn't surprise me if we see AI versions within the first couple months of the year.

Speaking of AI, given that we know that technicals and the bombers are being worked on, I expect to see them early in the new year as well.

• Like 2

*Handshake* ...if that would be the SuperHornet
I really like my legacy Hornet, it's my main Module. A SuperHornet would be..."shut up and take my money!"

Totally agree, a Rhino would be awesome. I love the legacy Hornet, every kind of further developement is much appreciated, at least for me
  • Like 1

I just want to see a F-15C silhouette at the end, and a bit of the new AI and GFM.

• Like 6

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

13 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

I just want to see a F-15C silhouette at the end, and a bit of the new AI and GFM.

I wonder how they will show "new AI" in a video 😂

But hey, I hope you're right!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

31 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Totally agree, a Rhino would be awesome. I love the legacy Hornet, every kind of further developement is much appreciated, at least for me emoji6.pngemoji16.png

I'd love super bug too, I like gen 4 and beyond planes, but I'd rather see something else since we have the Hornet already (yes I know, its not the same engines, avionics etc...😉), Rafale, Gripen, EF(coming), or something from Russia, MiG29 (most likely?), SU27 etc... would be much much better in my opinion.

Edited by Furiz

My Bid to 2022.

- First iteration to Vulkan, Multithread and Dynamic campaign. Improves on Weather, Damage Model and ATC. New and updated AI units. Talk about Whole world map technology.
- Second iteration on Comunication system
- Updates on of F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C III, Mi-24P, AH-64 and SuperCarrier. Old modules updates as F-5E, WW2. . Improvement on CA and more WW2 Assets pack units.
- New modules as Ka-50-3, Mig-29A. WW2 new modules (F6F and C-47?). MAC release?. Talked future Module. Ground module talks?
- WW2 Marianas Map and ED talk a new modern map, Afganistan?.

I dont expect a F/A-18E module. I think next helo can be a AH-1 and follow by a UH-60.

3rd Parties.
- Aerges release Mirage F-1.
- Deka talk about future module and get more chinesse assets.
- FlyingIrons Simulations continue progress on A-7 Corsair II.
- Heatblur release new module (F-4E?), Improvements on AJ-37, F-14 and assets, talks about A-6. Truegrit get more data about EFA.
- India FoxtEcho release MBB-339, continue work on G-91R
- Magnitude 3 Release F4-U Corsair with Pacific assets pack and improvement on Mig-21Bis and Christen Eagle. Talks about F-8 Crusader.
- Octopus-G new module talk.
- Polychop release OH-58D
- RAZBAM release South Atlantic Map and unit pack, improvements on M2000C and AV-8B. More info about F-15E, Super Tucano and Mig-23.
- Ugra Media release Syria East Expansion, Normandy updates and talk future map.
- 1-2 New 3rd parties projects.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 15

I know a lot of folks are keen on a whole world map…

can’t think of anything worse for this franchise 😕

we don’t fly wide bodied jets from one continent to another… detailed cities / airports with nothin in between and terrain viewable from 30k+ had a different platform 

and what era would such an undertaking be set in???

keep it at a tactical scale - that’s what DCS is

1 hour ago, Peter5on said:

Last time at the end of the video we've had Apache teaser, this time i hope we gonna get Raptor.

You know, I think we still don’t have that mind melter… Would be fun if it was a 22. Super simple cockpit. We have the weapons. I’m sure there is enough public data for the ‘stealth’. They don’t need to recreate that, just the radar return. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The flight model may provide the issue though. So who knows. 

31 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

My Bid to 2022.

- First iteration to Vulkan, Multithread and Dynamic campaign. Improves on Weather, Comunication system, Damage Model and ATC. New and updated AI units. Talk about Whole map technology.
- Updates on of F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C III, Mi-24P, AH-64 and SuperCarrier. Old modules updates as F-5E, WW2. . Improvement on CA and more WW2 Assets pack units.
- New modules as Ka-50-3, Mig-29A. WW2 new modules (F6F and C-47?). MAC release?. Talked future Module. Ground module talks?

I dont expect a F/A-18E module. I think next helo can be a AH-1 and follow by a UH-60.

3rd Parties.
- Heatblur release new module (F-4E?), Improvements on AJ-37, F-14 and assets, talks about A-6. Truegrit get more data about EFA.
- Magnitude 3 Release F4-U Corsair with Pacific assets pack and improvement on Mig-21Bis and Christen Eagle. Talks about F-8 Crusader.
- RAZBAM release South Atlantic Map, improvements on M2000C and AV-8B. More info about F-15E, Super Tucano and Mig-23.
- Ugra Media release Syria East Expansion, Normandy updates and talk future map.

I have to hope for this as well. I would much prefer your first line over all else. I would take a module-less 2022 if we got Vulkan, DC, Multicore, radio and all that. 

• Like 1

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

I'm most interested in getting a tangible look at the dynamic campaign, and some confirmation of where we're at regarding AI improvements.

As for modules, personally I'd go for a Tornado for fixed wing, and UH-60 (and its many variants) for rotor.

I think the MiG-29 (or whatever is possible on the Redfor side) is really important for balance purposes. A Flanker is a lovely dream. I imagine a lot of the ED team would absolutely love to finally get to do a Russian module.

1 minute ago, RenegadeSkip said:

You know, I think we still don’t have that mind melter… Would be fun if it was a 22. Super simple cockpit. We have the weapons. I’m sure there is enough public data for the ‘stealth’. They don’t need to recreate that, just the radar return. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The flight model may provide the issue though. So who knows. 

A Raptor just isn't feasible... ED have said they want to make modules that are as realistic as possible while still legal. With a Hornet, you can get realistic and still remain outside classified territory - but not a Raptor. They'd have to employ so much guesswork in the simulation that it would end up being unrealistic (and therefore against their modus operandi) - if they got even close to real capabilities they'd simply be told to change it. Or else. And man, would it ever be a boring module... just plinking things in BVR and hardly ever being in danger 🥱 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

51 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

My Bid to 2022.

- First iteration to Vulkan, Multithread and Dynamic campaign. Improves on Weather, Comunication system, Damage Model and ATC. New and updated AI units. Talk about Whole map technology.

3rd Parties.
- RAZBAM release South Atlantic Map, improvements on M2000C and AV-8B. More info about F-15E, Super Tucano and Mig-23.

I'll have one of everything he's selling. I think your prediction makes a lot of sense, because it includes a lot of the much needed updating which ED has repeatedly stated it intends to do. I really hope you are right!

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 1