DCS World 2022 And Beyond Video Teaser...

Lace

19 hours ago, SparxOne said:

Major reason why i didn't even bother getting myself into this thread, i could tell from the very early moment i read the title and first lines how this would evolve.

The illusion in which most people are makes me laugh, it's as if those same people have just arrived on the forum yesterday and literrally never read or heard about DCS and the whole subject of classified data/planes/docs to allow any sort of new planes/heli what so ever in the game. Always hoping and wishing for something not in line with the reality of what ED can bring to us.

Don't take it the wrong way, but i see you've been registered on the forum since 2009, kinda funny to see you'd "guess" a Super Hornet, F-15C or an F-16D or higher block. A veteran like you of the forum should know very well that those guesses are clearly not realistic at all and just wild wishes. I could go into details of why so, but i guess you can figure it out quite easily 😉

This definition of illusion matches very well most replies i've seen posted in this thread : Illusion, appreciation in line with what someone wants to believe, but wrong in relation to reality.

Plus, i'd like to add, we should let ED do their thing, how should we know they are even going to tease any new plane or heli with their End of Year video ? Yeah ok it kind of became a trend the last 2 years i think, but I never looked at it as a set in stone trend that would automatically happen every year. If they do tease a new module, than good, i'll be as happy as everyone, if they don't, none of us should be disapointed, they've already spoiled us quite a bit this year, not counting all that's to come that is already known.

I see your point about sophisticated military tech,but I guess you would have said same about the Eurofighter before TrueGrit announced it. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, Lace said:

What do we think will be teased at the end of the new year video release?

Let the wild speculation begin...

MiG-29A 9-12

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

18 hours ago, Whiskey11 said:

-We know Belsimtek was working on an F-4 Phantom before being absorbed back into ED and the F-4 went into stagnation.

Meanwhile Belsimteck was part of ED before rejoin, that has not disapear, asctually continue working as a studio outside of Moscow, building the Modern modules to ED. Actually the status of some version of the F-4 (only we have the module confirmed by Kate).

14 minutes ago, SteelPig said:

I see your point about sophisticated military tech,but I guess you would have said same about the Eurofighter before TrueGrit announced it. 

The same situation to build a AH-64D, we need remembre ED working on military contracts and can be other projects outside the "entretainment" market.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

I'd just like to see what we have actually work as they should, and stop breaking every time there is an update. 

I'd like to see the RAF get some attention, seems they are the forgotten faction in this game.  And played very important roles in Desert Storm in 91, and the following engagements up till the surrender of Iraq.

Tornado, any variant relevant to the on hand maps

Jaguar, same as above

Cold War RN Carrier and relevant aircraft.

GB sometimes seems like an afterthought with most flight sims unless it's BoB focused............... 

And I'm a Yank by the way...................... of Welsh decent of course.....

The Phantom is a biggie for some and is definitely needed to fill a gigantic hole from Vietnam into the 2000's with foreign Air Forces.

WWII

A-20G

P-47D-10 Razorback

P-51B/C

F4F

F6F

SB2C

SBD

TBM

*Corsair* is coming

Spitfire Mk. V & Mk. XIV

Hurricane

Beaufighter

Swordfish with Carrier

Martlett from above

Seafire/Sea Hurricane

Earlier Bf-109's

Earlier FW-190's

Me-410

Ju-88A? & C-6

Do-17 & 217

He-111 with guided weapons

Zero, Army/Navy

Tony

Ki-84

Kate

Val

Betty

Any Carrier for Marianas Turkey shoot

Maps

Korea, Generic style map used for Korean War and future Korean conflict

Philippines, choose any major island area, where large battles took place from Dec. 41 to Sept 45. battle of Philippine Sea, Surigao Straights

Israel, surrounded by Lebanon, Jordan and the Sinai to the Suez. Generic for 48 to present. Six Day War, Yom Kippur, etc.

LOL, I'll probably be long gone before I see the Korean or Israel maps.

That looks like a lot of money I need to save.........................

Cheers

Hoss

The thread is about what will be teased in the video, I guess it wont be all of this right?

but something has to hit, right ?😉

We can all make lists, I can just copy paste wiki aircraft list or type all the possible outcomes but that's not the point of this thread, its about one thing we guess it will be shown in the video.

I guess its gonna be MiG-29

I am hoping for Rafale M - F2 tho, but those are just my wishes:P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cfrag said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you did notice the "WISH LIST" part of this particular sub forum, right? A veteran like you should know that this is the place for wild wishes. 

Oh, and if I came across as condescending above -- that is how I read your post. I don't know why you chose to adopt that particular derisive and unhelpful tone, and I sincerely hope that you feel better now. We are all friends here, and this corner of the forum is the exact place to live your dreams, illusions and fantasies. And that's a good thing.

Oh yeah let's all base it on the Wish list part because it's indeed the most relevant thing of this thread, especially after it was titled "DCS World 2022 Beyond and Video Teaser..." (And initially posted in the DCS World 2.7 Subforum but moved in the Wishlist subforum by mods) and literally asking for what people thought would be teased in that video, you know, let's all make our fantasy plane wishes in a video that would actually tease something plausible from ED. Because we're all so tunnel visioned after our fantasy plane wish list, trying to stay real for a bit would be too hard.

So now I'm condescending and adopting a derisive and unhelpful tone, i guess that's one way putting a sticker on my forehead with written on it "Baddy, don't listen to him"...

I guess it should be common sense by now that certain planes cannot be made (For the forseable future) because of the many reasons that have been discussed around the forums and more.

But whatever, i poke the beehive and i shouldn't have, i'm sorry for it.

7 hours ago, draconus said:

Oh, please, enlighten us what's so funny and not realistic about making F-15C?

Sure, what's more realistic and funnier to you than the words from EDs Business Development Director Simon Pearson ? (Oh and by the way, this applies to the F-18E Super Hornet too for the ones after it too)

F-18E answer https://youtu.be/zRKL0yZHvwg?t=5717

F-15C answer https://youtu.be/zRKL0yZHvwg?t=5790

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SteelPig said:

That's your own thing if you wanna guess what i'd have said at any point in time. Unless you can link any evidence of something i've said or written, than i've not said or written it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SparxOne said:

Sure, what's more realistic and funnier to you than the words from EDs Business Development Director Simon Pearson ?

Fair enough, no news for me but now I know why you said it. Mind it was only "no plans"... then. Quite a different reason from "it can't be done".

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

49 minutes ago, SparxOne said:

That's your own thing if you wanna guess what i'd have said at any point in time. Unless you can link any evidence of something i've said or written, than i've not said or written it.

It's your own thing if you wanna guess what Developers may be or be not allowed to make at any point in time or the future, Unless you can link any evidence of something being forbidden, than it's not forbidden. 

If you speculate,and that's what you do, don't blame others for doing same.

10 minutes ago, draconus said:

Fair enough, no news for me but now I know why you said it. Mind it was only "no plans"... then. Quite a different reason from "it can't be done".

I guess you're also right in a way, the "No plans" could be interpreted in many ways, but the way i understood it was him using a "polite" diplomatic way of saying "No, we're not interested in it because of the reasons he followed with".

27 minutes ago, SteelPig said:

It's your own thing if you wanna guess what Developers may be or be not allowed to make at any point in time or the future, Unless you can link any evidence of something being forbidden, than it's not forbidden. 

If you speculate,and that's what you do, don't blame others for doing same.

Yeah ok dude, you're right, don't wanna bother with you.

How on earth do people manage to turn something as innocent as a "wish" thread into something toxic 🤦‍♂️

(I know I know: "welcome to the internet")

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 minutes ago, sirrah said:

How on earth do people manage to turn something as innocent as a "wish" thread into something toxic 🤦‍♂️

(I know I know: "welcome to the internet")

Yea, the OP simply asked for a guess on what will be teased in the Video...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Yeah but you can’t end a 20xx And Beyond video with sparks, flames and a cloud parked in a dark room. 😉

I’m digging all the Superbug talk. An official Rhino would be an instant buy for me. But even if it isn’t, I always love seeing what gets revealed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoschek said:

Yeah but you can’t end a 20xx And Beyond video with sparks, flames and a cloud parked in a dark room.

Who says it has to be in a dark room 😜

If it has to be a dark room with sparks, flames etc, I wish for Rafale but I'd say MiG29.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saruman said:

They still have to work hard on F16 and will launch AH64 in January, so I see no space for another official module yet until 2023.

I imagine that they have 3rd artists, modellers, sound designers, people who deal with the legal hurdles, interpreting and acquiring the documentation and so on that have to be shuffled to new and upcoming modules. Most if not all of the visual and sound related stuff is already done with the flagship modules so moving these people over to the upcoming ones would definitely make sense. 

The likely tease is going to be something that's already confirmed or sort of hinted at. We know about the Mig-29, the BS3 and the Me-262, as for rumors there's another unannounced helo and a very likely Hellcat. Since there are two high profile helos coming in 2022, I doubt they'd tease yet another one. WW2 modules don't generate that much hype, so I think a Mig-29 is the most likely candidate. We know that the F-4 is not coming from ED and from Cobra's statements it's incredibly likely that HB will be the one making it.

As for secret upcoming modules, the most interesting one is the next HB release, which is pointing towards a 2022 release. Either it's something simple, like a WW2 aircraft (I'd love to see HB take a crack at something like a multi crew WW2 night fighter for example) or perhaps a Draken. The AI Draken was rumored years ago, so it makes sense that they may be further along with the project than expected. I don't think that an F-14(U)B is very likely and an F-14D is known to be impossible.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Saruman said:

I think they will announce new tech, but no new module.

I can bet ED are working on new module, just don't know which one, every serious company plans at least 5 years ahead if not more, AH-64D is so close to early access, they can't afford being left with nothing new announced in January, and if they plan to get some income in late 2022 they need something soon,

Main income from Apache will come from preorders and few month later, after that income from that heli will start dropping down.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saruman said:

I think they will announce new tech, but no new module. They still have to work hard on F16 and will launch AH64 in January, so I see no space for another official module yet until 2023.

No different than previous years, yet they still launched work on new modules. 

I would almost bet money there will be a new module to tease. It’s become tradition to use the “and beyond” videos to unveil them, and I love that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkk01 said:

Whatever happened to the “brain melting” / mystery module thingy that was a big thread a year or so ago…?

neither the Apache nor the Fulcrum announcements really felt like they filled that particular slot

Fulcrum is not announced. So maybe they announce it on the said video.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Fulcrum is not announced. So maybe they announce it on the said video.

Ahh, I thought there had been some chat through official ED sources - not a big splash vid announcement etc.

I’d probably buy a MiG29, sale time most likely - it’s an interesting adversary aircraft. I like the small / powerful / manoeuvrable concept

Apache - that’s a pass, for me anyway

Brain melting, something totally new to DCS etc…?

I’d still be fired up to see a F-111 of Tornado

BUT - even a year on from the previous thread, I’m still struggling to think what aircraft would be as significant to move the dial (in either DCSW or RL aviation terms) as much as the hype suggested

Me-262 would move the dial

as would 4-engines / multi crew: B-17, B-24, B-29

or the CW strategic bombers, as above, bringing multi crew and multi engine

Foxbat or Foxhound would be iconic redfor additions, but seem unlikely

so, struggling… F-4 would be popular, but was it truly revolutionary?

F-111 pretty much was, plenty of novel features for its time - and for DCS

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Ahh, I thought there had been some chat through official ED sources

Yes there was, but they said that they want to do it but can't say anything officially or cant announce it officially. Of all possible modules by ED atm that one is most likely, altho not officially announced.

• Like 1