DCS World 2022 And Beyond Video Teaser...

Lace

*YF-23 full fidelity.

*FC3 F-22 adding.

*DCS 3.0 summer 2022 announcement.

*Civil png added to cities and realistic behavior.

*Ragdoll effect on ground people and realistic injuries representations.

*Wildlife and better birds behavior.

*realistic fire spreading to forests and buildings.

*Adding visible signs to the pilot(salute, waving,head banging).

*Vocal recognition to AI pilot when in gunner/rio seat.

*Extreme weather condition (tornado, hurricane).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman[FR] said:

*YF-23 full fidelity.

*FC3 F-22 adding.

*DCS 3.0 summer 2022 announcement.

*Civil png added to cities and realistic behavior.

*Ragdoll effect on ground people and realistic injuries representations.

*Wildlife and better birds behavior.

*realistic fire spreading to forests and buildings.

*Adding visible signs to the pilot(salute, waving,head banging).

*Vocal recognition to AI pilot when in gunner/rio seat.

*Extreme weather condition (tornado, hurricane).

Hope they can fit all that in 3 sec of video 😉

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:40 PM, rkk01 said:

Whatever happened to the “brain melting” / mystery module thingy that was a big thread a year or so ago…?

neither the Apache nor the Fulcrum announcements really felt like they filled that particular slot

I thought the “brain melter” was the AH-64.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mogster said:

It appeared to be so for the AH-64 enthusiasts that had been asking for it for 15 years. Same goes for the F-16

Yes, I’d agree with that, from the perspective of an Apache fan (or Viper fan etc)

But did either move the dial for DCS…? (I guess we won’t know until the Apache enters Early Access)

Anything Russian and still in service would be brain melting at the mo.

Yes, absolutely

• Like 2

yeah the BIG announcement was the Apache. 

I am also clueless on this. There is no roadmap no ne modules announced, yeah speculation on an F-6 Hellcat, but other than that.. no new toys from ED. 

Of course new AI, new weather that interacts with AI and multicore stuff is More than welcome over Modules. After all 3rd parties are beginning to chip in with stuff.

ME hoping against hope, all I want is a naval Phantom II. 

6 minutes ago, splash said:

I hope they announce a MiG-29 of some type.

If they do it'll most likely be the 9-12 MiG-29 from the early 80s.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

6 minutes ago, splash said:

For me it would be OK, I love 80-era aircrafts.

Me too, gen III and early gen IV is where it's at for me.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Phantom, Tornado, Jaguar, F-104?

maybe earlier versions of F-15 and F-16…

MiG-25, MiG-29, Su-17 or 24

ohh, and a reminder to Raz on that Sea Harrier…!

early to mid 80s would be a natural time slot to consolidate around for DCS Cold War, especially with Raz’s South Atlantic map and basically a GIUK Naval asset set

• Like 4

Hmm, we're getting a huge module with Apache. We got a huge module with the Hind. So I'm going to go on a limb and say there's no new modules coming in 2022. Except maybe something in the world war II theater. Mmm, let's see what would I be working on if I was Eagle Dynamics.

*Fully dynamic weather system with the new clouds.

*New airfield ATC with overhead approaches, straight and approaches, and holding pattern. 

*Multi core utilization. 

*New AI behaviors improving close-range air to air combat, and AI air to ground combat.

*Obviously the new AI flight model

*Lots of new ground assets, technicals, light armored vehicles, new infantry. 

*Improved SAM AI allowing for proper IADS behavior. 

*Animated ground crew.

*New ground vehicle damage model, allowing for mobility kills, and turnt kills.

*New naval unit AI allowing ships to maneuver to engage, and maneuver for defense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FlankerKiller said:

Hmm, we're getting a huge module with Apache. We got a huge module with the Hind. So I'm going to go on a limb and say there's no new modules coming in 2022. Except maybe something in the world war II theater. Mmm, let's see what would I be working on if I was Eagle Dynamics.

*New airfield ATC with overhead approaches, straight and approaches, and holding pattern. 

*Multi core utilization. 

*New AI behaviors improving close-range air to air combat, and AI air to ground combat.

*Animated ground crew.

*New naval unit AI allowing ships to maneuver to engage, and maneuver for defense.

That would be a major surprise…

… and very worrying

(a business with no new products to bring in the revenue will soon be on its @ rse )

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

… and very worrying

(a business with no new products to bring in the revenue will soon be on its @ rse )

Not really, considering DCS as a whole is a product, and will continue to generate revenue from already released modules. Also, any third party releases also generate income for ED. We have reached a point where we have many great modules to choose from, but the platform/world/core itself is showing its age. This has now become the most important thing for ED to work on, as it makes any module purchase more enticing for users.

It seems like ED is on the same page on that, as seen by the focus on improving weather/AI flight model/FLIR/ground assets/mission editor enhancements lately. Dynamic campaign and better AI/IADS/ground unit damage model/performance enhancements through multicore/Vulkan are now some of the most important things worked on for the platform.

Edited by Aarnoman
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Aarnoman said:

Not really, considering DCS as a whole is a product, and will continue to generate revenue from already released modules. Also, any third party releases also generate income for ED. We have reached a point where we have many great modules to choose from, but the platform/world/core itself is showing its age. This has now become the most important thing for ED to work on, as it makes any module purchase more enticing for users.

It seems like ED is on the same page on that, as seen by the focus on improving weather/AI flight model/FLIR/ground assets/mission editor enhancements lately. Dynamic campaign and better AI/IADS/ground unit damage model/performance enhancements through multicore/Vulkan are now some of the most important things worked on for the platform.

Agreed that ED needs to work on those aspects - but you can’t switch all your workforce onto non-revenue earning work and expect to be around in a year, two years or whatever timescale…

nobody outside of ED knows what the day to day sales are for existing modules, but the buzz around a new product??? You’ve got to bet that that’s what they need…!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

… and very worrying

Technicaly 3rd parties sales do generate revenue and this year we have MB 339, pretty sure, South Atlantic almost sure, Mirage F1,  kind of sure, then probably the F4U, the A-7 hopefully, Kiowa,  maybe the Mudhen (F-15E),  and there are several more poryects dancing arround too, so plenty of 3rd party revenue for ED...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkk01 said:

Agreed that ED needs to work on those aspects - but you can’t switch all your workforce onto non-revenue earning work and expect to be around in a year, two years or whatever timescale…

nobody outside of ED knows what the day to day sales are for existing modules, but the buzz around a new product??? You’ve got to bet that that’s what they need…!

I think you missed my whole point that DCS as a whole is earning revenue, as is the case for all new third party product releases.

• Like 1

Also they're about to make a fortune with the Apache. Thay would be be better served by putting the finishing touches on the Viper and Hornet, working on core features, and getting the Hind, Mosquito, Apache put of early access. This community is not really looking for a string of half finished products, and ED knows that. Plus these modules take a long ass time to make. A big reveal every two years or so is actually really good pace. 

• Like 1

I hope to see the final version of Yak-52. 

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

21 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

*Multi core utilization. 

*Animated ground crew.

2022 is intended to be the year of MAC (Modern Air Combat) is it not?

I can see MAC being a lot of work for ED and their being high expectations for it internally, so maybe rather than a new ED DCS module we’ll see MAC instead. Unless ED has a MAC team separate from the DCS dev’s, which seems unlikely.

• Like 2