Steam VR Crash on Syria Map

Datajack

This happens anytime I try to load into the Syria map.  100% of the time.  SP or MP.  Using a G2 Reverb with WMR beta version. Settings don't matter. Works with all other maps in SP and MP.  As of now I cannot fly on the Syria map.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

I flew a multiplayer mission on Inferno NTTR after.  Is my current .log file valid or do I need to recreate the crash first?  I also have .dump and .crash files. Do you want those as well?

Edited by Datajack

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

dcs.log

My specs:  I7 9700K, 2080 TI, 32 GB Memory,  1TB Samsumg Evo SSD.  G2 Reverb Headset.

dcs.20211123-184429.crash

Edited by Datajack

I can do that, but please google this issue and you will find plenty of posts about this issue in various forums.  I don't run the steam version btw, I only use steam for VR.

• ED Team
16 hours ago, Datajack said:

you will find plenty of posts about this issue

All users use the same copy of DCS (ok, Stable version and Open beta). But all users' computers are different. Computer component manufacturers are different for all users. Infinite number of conditions for the game: graphics settings, air temperature for cooling... We have to study each crash individually.
I have a version of DCS from the Steam site. I have a version of the DCS from the ED site. I have all maps. But I don't have unofficial mods... I don't have crashes.

16 hours ago, Datajack said:

I can do that,

Please delete all mods, delete the DCS folder from the folder of the Saved games, run the DCS repair. And I am ready to consider your new dcs.log

Where exactly can I find a list of all unofficial mods that are installed?  I can't remember 1/2 the stuff I have installed. I've had the same install for years now.

I only play on DCS ED, I don't use steam, I have a I7, 1080 card and I don't crash ever.  I played a user file campaign last night for the first time for F18 hornet and it started out with a very slow frame rate and then crashed on take off (not the plane).  I turned down a number of the settings in options which seemed to help a bit with the taxi, but still crashed once I got in the air.  I also don't have any mods (unless downloaded campaigns from the user files count as mods?).  I don't use VR, only trackir.  And I have no idea how to create a log, report a crash, run a cleaup or a repair?  Any suggestions?  I haven't tried turning my settings way down ( I went down to 80%), but I'm not sure why I should have to when the only time I have had a problem was with the syria map?

11 minutes ago, mla306 said:

I only play on DCS ED, I don't use steam, I have a I7, 1080 card and I don't crash ever.  I played a user file campaign last night for the first time for F18 hornet and it started out with a very slow frame rate and then crashed on take off (not the plane).  I turned down a number of the settings in options which seemed to help a bit with the taxi, but still crashed once I got in the air.  I also don't have any mods (unless downloaded campaigns from the user files count as mods?).  I don't use VR, only trackir.  And I have no idea how to create a log, report a crash, run a cleaup or a repair?  Any suggestions?  I haven't tried turning my settings way down ( I went down to 80%), but I'm not sure why I should have to when the only time I have had a problem was with the syria map?

Please create a new thread and attach the most recent ZIP file you can find in "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs".

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.