Wags Video Request

Harlikwin

So, all the new "Feature" videos are great. But could you guys also add the .miz file Wags is using for those so its just something we can DL and use to follow along.

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

9 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

So, all the new "Feature" videos are great. But could you guys also add the .miz file Wags is using for those so its just something we can DL and use to follow along.

He frequently uses new map parts or even whole new maps which are not public yet and still WIP. But in other cases, sure, good idea.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

10 hours ago, draconus said:

He frequently uses new map parts or even whole new maps which are not public yet and still WIP. But in other cases, sure, good idea.

Yeah I guess, but it would be easy enough not to use new map parts for "new features" videos or drop them with the new area or something. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm happy with Wags' videos as they are. I'm not happy that so many new or modified features have no training missions or discussion in the documentation. Seems like that is not much of a priority for ED and its partners. I personally do not believe that modules should be considered out of EA unless there are training missions for all major weapon and sensor systems, and these are documented in the manuals.

• Like 5

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

3 hours ago, sthompson said:

I'm happy with Wags' videos as they are. I'm not happy that so many new or modified features have no training missions or discussion in the documentation. Seems like that is not much of a priority for ED and its partners. I personally do not believe that modules should be considered out of EA unless there are training missions for all major weapon and sensor systems, and these are documented in the manuals.

I have to agree with you here, even though i'm not precisely in line with everything you say.

1 Wags videos are indeed very good as they are.

2 It's not that i'm not happy about new or modified features having no training missions or discussions in the doc, but more a "It'd be really cool to have them indeed"

3 Not considering a module out of EA because of that could be discussed and put on personnal opinion i guess, but definitely agree that if all of it was documented or made a training mission, it would be very welcome and a plus to call it complete 🙂

4 Chucks guide helps a ton, but unless Chuck himself doesn't update his manual, you're down to step one. (And as much as Chucks guide is awesome for something free, it still remains unofficial)

• Like 1