Weapon Release key?

shomke

I all,

I made a comeback to DCS yesterday evening after 6 weeks off. Obviously some updates got installed before I could take off with my Mirage.

I was surprised to see that any command was assigned to my hotas trigger, which I usually used for weapon release... And I could not find back the Fire Control (or whatever the name) in the list of command. Only found a command named "Canon trigger" which didn't help.

Did I miss some recent changes on the hotas commands?

Since I only had little time to play, I quickly gave up and went to destroy some bombers on IL2 instead...

Edited by shomke

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

32 minutes ago, Preendog said:

Does anybody know what the "Gun Trigger" does do?  I find it doesn't actually shoot the gun in A/A or A/G, unless there's a special mode where it does.

You have "GUN SAFETY SWITCH" set to ARM (left vertical panel) ? It's an additional security for gun firing, you need to have it to ARM, alongside MASTER ARM, to be able to shoot with gun in AA Gun master mode, or with AG Gun (CAS) selected in AG attack mode.

Gun trigger work with 'BRM' bind if you want to have one button for gun (Gun Trigger), and one for Bomb/Rocket/Missile (BRM). This is not realistic though as M2000C use a single trigger for all, called MiCRoB (stands for Missile Canon Rocket Bomb). You have a bind for MiCRoB stage 1, and MiCRoB Stage 2, latest being the one to be used for shooting.

Edited by Steph21
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, tosmonaute said:

Hello to all!

I have a similar problem, it seems...  Impossible to fire any missile or jettison external fuel tank since DCS last update .

Trigger is totaly dead.

Thanks for any help available.

Mirage 2000C uses two stage trigger to fire weapons after the update, it takes 30 second to check all HOTAS bindings to see anything missing. There's a HOTAS category in control options.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:48 AM, zmz125000 said:
On 2/3/2022 at 2:48 AM, zmz125000 said:

Mirage 2000C uses two stage trigger to fire weapons after the update, it takes 30 second to check all HOTAS bindings to see anything missing. There's a HOTAS category in control options.

Hello zmz125000

Thanks for your help!

Well i checked the bindings they seem to be good, MICROB1 and 2 are also binded.

I believe , i am doing something wrong with the new fire procedure.

I lock the bandit (530 selected and ready + master arm on)

Then click to microb 2 to remove safety  but no shoot at trigger and HUD do not display more the lock after trigger ?!!?!??

With Magic2 same no shooting

Am i doing any wrong in procedure ?

Heeelllpppp...

Hello Kercheiz,

Yes i know about the long trigger of the M2000, all went wrong since last updates, i did both in same time  DCS + Mirage...

At binding all is ok when i press the buttons and trigger on my HOTAS all is ok, just in flight it impossible to shoot!

This is why i believe there must be some wrong with my procedure but i do not see what!

Master arm - Microb 2 - Lock   then trigger should shoot!     right!?!!???

14 hours ago, tosmonaute said:

Hello Kercheiz,

Yes i know about the long trigger of the M2000, all went wrong since last updates, i did both in same time  DCS + Mirage...

At binding all is ok when i press the buttons and trigger on my HOTAS all is ok, just in flight it impossible to shoot!

This is why i believe there must be some wrong with my procedure but i do not see what!

Master arm - Microb 2 - Lock   then trigger should shoot!     right!?!!???

I think you are misunderstanding something, MiCRoB second stage is the command you need to press and hold to fire the weapon.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

On 2/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, myHelljumper said:

I think you are misunderstanding something, MiCRoB second stage is the command you need to press and hold to fire the weapon.

Ohhh I thought it was press the MiCRoB 2nd stage and AFTER i press the trigger.

Thanks so much for your help myHelljumper!

If i understood well :           1) master arm >  2) lock >  3) MiCRoB 2nd Stage to fire.

And thanks to all for helping