F/A-18C HARM TOO mode failure

FLJetPilot
Go to solution Solved by Johnny Johnny Johnny,

Hi everyone,

I am in the latest 2.7 stable release and I have a problem with F18 HARM cage/uncage in TOO mode.
I set the HARMs in TOO mode, select the emitter with POV button but when I press cage/uncage to transfer target data to the HARM it does nothing and the missile does not go into RDY mode.
I know the throttle cage/uncage button is properly mapped cause AIM-9s and AIM-7s uncage fine.
SOI is properly selected. I followed every step of Matt Wagner’s youtube tutorial and still no luck.

Any idea what could be going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!!

Master Arm and AG on?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I did and it doesn’t work. I can fire HARM missiles fine in SP and PB mode. It just doesn’t work in TOO mode because for some reason when I press the cage/uncage button the current emitter selected info does not transfer to the active missile ( I know it is not a hardware or mapping issue cause cage/uncage works with AIM-9s and AIM-7s )

Edited by FLJetPilot

On 11/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, FLJetPilot said:

Hi everyone,

I am in the latest 2.7 stable release and I have a problem with F18 HARM cage/uncage in TOO mode.
I set the HARMs in TOO mode, select the emitter with POV button but when I press cage/uncage to transfer target data to the HARM it does nothing and the missile does not go into RDY mode.
I know the throttle cage/uncage button is properly mapped cause AIM-9s and AIM-7s uncage fine.
SOI is properly selected. I followed every step of Matt Wagner’s youtube tutorial and still no luck.

Any idea what could be going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!!

Maybe post a track?

9 hours ago, Rissala said:

Maybe post a track?

Track attached. 

I tried to launch HARMs in TOO mode but cannot transfer emitter data to the missile using cage/uncage button. As you can see in the track I had no problem launching and killing the SAM radars in SP mode

If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Alert5.trk

• Solution

@FLJetPilot

I have checked your track and you did not make the left screen the active one (sensor control switch left) there is no diamond present on the left screen.

Uploaded a video where I take control of your track replay and do scs left and then use cage/uncage to select the SA6 and fire.

Edited by Johnny Johnny Johnny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Johnny,

You were absolutely right. I tried this many times and I could have swore I was moving the SOI to the left DDI. But tried it again earlier today and it did work.

Thanks for checking my track and pointing out i was missing that step!!!

Cheers...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, Johnny Johnny Johnny said:

@FLJetPilot

I have checked your track and you did not make the left screen the active one (sensor control switch left) there is no diamond present on the left screen.

Uploaded a video where I take control of your track replay and do scs left and then use cage/uncage to select the SA6 and fire.

LOL, I had problem find the "sensor control switch left" because I plaing it on a laptot... btw in a manual is press "I" but it is not true it is "rightAlt + , "

Edited by jjoohhnnyy13