ATFLIR is keeping point track even when masked

84-Simba

When it became unmasked was it still on the target? And did the target's motion stay constant thorughout the time LOS was lost?

If it did, I wouldn't be surprised if something like ATFLIR is able to predict the path of whatever it was tracking based on last known parameters so it can resume tracking as soon as possible if it is masked or temporarily loses line of sight, kinda like the memory modes we see on many RADARs in DCS.

Bear in mind though that the above is purely speculative on my part.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Hi 

this is correct, as long as the target does not deviate to much from its predicted track. 

If you have a track replay showing a short example I will be happy to check it.

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well, that should be easy to test, just put a truck on a bendy road somewhere, track it, mask it as it nears a bend, and see if ATFLIR follows or goes straight. Guessing where a truck is going when cruising down a straight road isn't exactly hard, LITENING will indicate when it's doing so, but ATFLIR doesn't necessarily do that. I do know LITENING will lose track if the target isn't where it expects it to be after being masked.

20 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Yes, the ATFLIR should be able to predict the position of the target from the previous track if masked. I believe in DCS it is just tracking the target no matter what. But hey, if the target didn't change course or speed it's realistic.

Mobius708

That is nice.

Actually I think the couple of times I noticed that the vehicules were going pretty much straight, one was a vehicule in the open and the second was a helicopter.

Thank you all for your answers 🙂