Replacement Flaps switch (T/O panel)

Jeepyb

Flimsy? Mines pretty solid, you must have given it a good wack?

Probably better off getting one from WW

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

3 hours ago, MustangSally said:

Flimsy? Mines pretty solid, you must have given it a good wack?

Probably better off getting one from WW

Maybe they changed it ? ( I bought my unit pretty much when they released it for the first time). Mine was about half the size of the other switches on the panel and rectangular in shape as opposed to rounded/cylindrical. It also had quite a bit of play between the 3 stages. Don't know what happened on the moving truck but they wrapped the thing pretty well and it still arrived broken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/

6 minutes ago, Jeepyb said:

Maybe they changed it ? ( I bought my unit pretty much when they released it for the first time). Mine was about half the size of the other switches on the panel and rectangular in shape as opposed to rounded/cylindrical. It also had quite a bit of play between the 3 stages. Don't know what happened on the moving truck but they wrapped the thing pretty well and it still arrived broken.

Sounds like the switch I have and it's pretty solid metal even though it's not a big chunky round one, which bit broke? Was it the actual lever part of the switch or did the switch come away from the panel itself? You'll prob need to open it for anyone to have any input on what a suitable replacement could be, I know a hat I replaced in my stick grip had some circuits attached to it too, I don't expect that with this 3 way but  you never know...

Also if it arrived broken I'm pretty sure WW will just send you a replacement.

3 hours ago, Jeepyb said:

Purchased both my panels on the day of release so probably the same as yours. As I said, rock solid.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 2 weeks later...

For posterity: part number MT-0-103-E001-T000-RS . Winwing wanted 5$ for the switch and 57$ for shipping to Canada (???). Was able to source a similar switch locally and I did the repair. All the switches are soldered directly to the board unfortunately so it kindda sucked but all good now. 

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/