Oil dilution not working?

Reflected

Is it just me or the oil dilution is not working? I mean after startup I turn it on in the Spit and Mustang and it has a visible effect on the oil pressure after 5-10 seconds. In the Jug, absolutely zero. Is it not implemented yet or am I missing something? Maybe it worked less efficiently in real life? (close to not working at all?)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Reflected I tried this out the other day, and dilution seems to be working. At least as of the current open beta (2.7.11.21408).

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 12:38 AM, Snapage said:

Are there any plans to fix this? Starting the jug takes a long time and is a major deterrent to flying it compared to other aircraft.

I think it is missing feature, not modeled yet. Plans for this and other stuff definitely a thing, question when, how many years. 

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

It take about 13 minutes if you close every down to warm up the engine.  

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

It depends i think 40C or 45C is minimum if you start from 20C for example, it takes less time if you start warming up from -10C yeah it will take time.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 5 months later...

Untitled.png

Regardless of the time and reason of use, if the oil is cooler than normal operating temperature range (flight manual says < 70 deg. C is OK, but fuel would probably evaporate pretty fast at 60 deg. too), it should gradually lower pressure with dilution switch on, and it will be most noticeable at cold start. Diluting before shutdown is used in cold weather conditions to prevent excessive pressure rise on next prop turnover and startup AFAIK, and in DCS we pretty much get new plane every time.

• Thanks 1

There are 2 cases of oil dilution procedures.

First one is oil dilution before engine shut down, to provide engine with safe oil pressure at engine start up at cold weather.

Second one is oil dilution to provide proper oil pressure at moderate power, like emergency take off.

Both oil dilution do not exclude each, so engine can be pre diluted before shut down and after start up pilot can dilute more to allow for emergency take off in winter time.

I just tested it, Oil dilution does not work in P-47 still.

Edited by grafspee
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...