Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

On 11/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, Lurker said:

No I will not. Neither should anyone. Not after spending thousands of dollars for VR gear that's gathering dust because Eagle Dynamics can't get it's act together. Are you familiar with the sunk cost fallacy principle? 

I have found dcs to be the best performing vr sim I own,  Silky smooth. Love it. Reverb G2, 5900x, 1080ti, 32gb ram.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gogsie59 said:

I have found dcs to be the best performing vr sim I own,  Silky smooth. Love it. Reverb G2, 5900x, 1080ti, 32gb ram.

Although very off-topic, I just want to say I completely agree with you! (similar system specs)

It's all a matter of expectations and managing them 😉 

Even after all these years, when I step into that virtual cockpit, I feel like a kid in a candy store. Kudos to ED!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

When the videos were coming out regularly I was pretty confident all was on track.....now I'm not so sure.  

• Like 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

17 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

When the videos were coming out regularly I was pretty confident all was on track.....now I'm not so sure.  

Wags can only put out so many videos at ones, he just put out a number of F16 videos. Don't forget AH64 isn't the only thing they're working on, I wouldn't read to much into it.

9 hours ago, HC_Official said:

pre-ordering 20 years ago made sense, there were a limited amount of physical copies so if you wanted something on launch day you best pre-order

These days its digital copies ... its not like they are going to run out of ones and zeros, you can still pre-order 24hours before launch, get the same discount and at least know what you are getting by the point

Mostly agreed from our viewpoint as customer. Except for the vendor, pre-orders have never been a method to allow early customers get hand on their limited merchandise, that was merely the customer's incentive. Pre-orders (similar to today's "early access") are used as an early funding source, and (much more importantly) to gauge actual customer demand. That is used to secure the lifeblood of any company: funding (from a bank/investor) for current and future development/products. In today's world of intangible wares, pre-orders are more important than they ever were. 

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 6

On 11/17/2021 at 7:47 PM, cfrag said:

Mostly agreed from our viewpoint as customer. Except for the vendor, pre-orders have never been a method to allow early customers get hand on their limited merchandise, that was merely the customer's incentive. Pre-orders (similar to today's "early access") are used as an early funding source, and (much more importantly) to gauge actual customer demand. That is used to secure the lifeblood of any company: funding (from a bank/investor) for current and future development/products. In today's world of intangible wares, pre-orders are more important than they ever were. 

Agree, but then let's hope that they get enough pre-orders to continue the AH-64d development or even get it almost done for the first beta release if funding is essential for the company, now.

I bought many early access modules and was always hoping that it is getting better than before. Most disappointing for me was the F-16 in the first stage and the AV-8b (it's much better now, after many months). Well, it depends on what you expect by buying these modules and if a feature-list exists, if that matches your expectations. If you just want to fly around with a new aircraft and have years to learn / test the upcoming (basic) features, wait for bug fixes, etc. than go for it.

But because, I don't see any further (basic) AH-64d videos (cold start, etc.) I afraid that the development isn't in the stage for an release candidate in december.

Anyway, I hope DCS find's an investor who is an flight enthusiast and keeps dcs on running and hopefully speed up stable development. I am afraid that the community isn't big enough for these great but niche products, to keep dcs alive or we will see more and more pre-orders, earyl-access modules and it's not possible to finish or support all of these modules. OK, it's going OT now and I will stop it...

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

On 11/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, Mad Dog 762 said:

I totally agree.

Even if much is going on with other modules. The pre-order begun and it's obviously that many people are waiting for the AH-64d (including me). For me, it is important to see what I get -  had many disappointments with other early access modules.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

6 hours ago, v2tec said:

I totally agree.

Even if much is going on with other modules. The pre-order begun and it's obviously that many people are waiting for the AH-64d (including me). For me, it is important to see what I get -  had many disappointments with other early access modules.

Hang in there @v2tec 😅

I'm sure ED's on track for a wonderful AH-64D release before Christmas 🤩
(and ah well.. if it's later.. just remember: "anticipation is half the fun")

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I pre-ordered a month ago, now it's on sale and it's not even available?

It‘s the exact same price as it was the whole time since pre-order started.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

and of course I had to order the Apache, she's literally built right down the road from me...  😀

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

No, it's still pre-order price.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Winwing collective ordered and due for delivery 1st of December, would be lovely if the Apache dropped on the 3rd 🙂

• Like 2

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Actually, I'm perfectly fine with the delay.

Yes, a few more weeks of waiting, but it will be totally worth it, looking at the complexity of this bird.

• Like 10

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Aww too bad

Ah well, more time to get hyped by finishing Ed Macy's book 😅

To those not sure where this news came from:

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

I have no problem with this announcement at all. If ED believe they need the extra time to release a product that lives up to the standards people expect from them then it's entirely right to delay, and I genuinely appreciate the fact that they decided to communicate this to us now.

• Like 6

Yea no real surprise,

I was very doubtful it was coming Dec, just with the timings of the video's, and start up video not able to be made as they were waiting on stuff to be completed. Despite Wags keeping saying 2021, I was hopeful but remained sceptical. Just as well. Roll on January 🙂

• Like 2