Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

ED is giving more EA miles for the delay as a gesture. 

As a token of our appreciation for your pre-orders, we are increasing your pre-order ED miles up to 8,500.

i hope "George" is not as big of of an imbecile as me 😉 

• Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Better late than buggy. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Only thing that I not okay with is that they started collecting money and hyping with videos and then failed to deliver. If they said it in the beginning of the october and started preorder now it would be whole different story. Its obvious that they actually knew, because of only one wags video posted after preorder trailer... 

• Like 4

Thanks ED for the pre-order miles upgrade! 👍

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I just hope George will be voiced by then, instead of having to rely on flying text that you might not even see, especially in VR...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Looking forward to it.  If it takes a little longer, that’s ok

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team

Guys, please keep the criticism mature and constructive, I know this is disappointing, but it has happened, and we have to roll with it. The AH-64D will be worth the wait. 

If you can't post in a respectful manner, we will have to hand out points. If you are that upset, take a break and post later.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I just hope George will be voiced by then, instead of having to rely on flying text that you might not even see, especially in VR...

I wouldnt expect it, they need to finalize everything with the AI, then record all the commands, it will be during EA no doubt.

7 hours ago, Jaakov said:

Only thing that I not okay with is that they started collecting money and hyping with videos and then failed to deliver. If they said it in the beginning of the october and started preorder now it would be whole different story. Its obvious that they actually knew, because of only one wags video posted after preorder trailer... 

And we understand that, hence the extra ED miles, but things happen, and problems develop, we won't release it in a state people would deem unacceptable.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I ended up getting a refund from Steam on my Apache pre-order today - and then bought the Tomcat - just a few hours before I read about the delay. Serendipitous, I guess. It just hit me with the last video(s) about the Apache that it was going to be a very complicated module. I have no doubt it will be excellently crafted, but my brain can't handle a helicopter with an A-10C II level of complexity, which is what this thing looks like. That's just beyond my mental snack bracket.

My heart belongs to the Ka-50 and will surely be stolen by the BS3. But I'll try the Apache in the free trial and see if I can wrap my head around it. There's no question is looks freakin' cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

This is an EXTREMELY disappointing announcement, especially as release was eagerly anticipated before the holidays.  However, IMHO, it is COMPLETELY the right decision by ED and one built on bitter experience.  ED have provided a list of specific functionality/ features for Early Access release and another list for module completion.  The Early Access list provides features that will provide players with a fun and flyable AH-64 at initial release. This will be followed by further, more complex features, weapons and module refinement.  To jump the gun and go early when this list of EA features are not ready (in particular the AI) would be to do the whole F-16 release all over again, and make it unenjoyable for everyone!  The AH-64 module is a complex aircraft which will require two pilots or one pilot and a clever AI to fly/ operate it.  Imagine if they did release it with a George AI  who was basically bat-sh*t crazy!  Not doing stuff he was supposed to, repeatedly crashing into things, not identifying targets, not engaging, trying to fire through buildings et. etc.  It would be pointless and people would lose their lolly big time!    ED want this released just as much as we do, but they want it done right, just as we do.

Unfortunate but necessary.

• Like 3

All good, Make the Apache release the best ever,  sure be cool for the holidays but honestly in my case I’ll be away from dcs.  Happy programming to the devs and please take the time with family and enjoy your holidays.

Crom

• Like 4

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I can wait. By that time may be the Komodo’s cyclic and collective will be out also.

• Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Guys, please keep the criticism mature and constructive, I know this is disappointing, but it has happened, and we have to roll with it. The AH-64D will be worth the wait. 

If you can't post in a respectful manner, we will have to hand out points. If you are that upset, take a break and post later.

Thanks.

I wouldnt expect it, they need to finalize everything with the AI, then record all the commands, it will be during EA no doubt.

And we understand that, hence the extra ED miles, but things happen, and problems develop, we won't release it in a state people would deem unacceptable.

Good Night @NineLine! I pre-ordered on Steam. Will I receive miles on the website?

ED made the right decision! If it's not ready, it's better to postpone the launch. The important thing is that Apache will be released on DCS.

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

pre-ordered on Steam. Will I receive miles on the website?

Sadly this is not possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

Good Night @NineLine! I pre-ordered on Steam. Will I receive miles on the website?

ED made the right decision! If it's not ready, it's better to postpone the launch. The important thing is that Apache will be released on DCS.

No, I am so sorry, if I could I would move everyone over to the standalone, I do get why people use Steam, heck I have 152 games on it, but we just cant do the cool things with ED Miles that we can on the standalone. I will ask if there is anything we could do, but we are somewhat limited by Valve I am afraid.

• Like 5

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Would refunding on steam and buying direct be a work around to this? Just a thought. 

FWIW, I personally prefer to buy direct so 100% off my purchase ends up in the hands of the devs and not a %age going to a middle man anyway, but that’s personal preference. ED do a great job and I try to support them as best I can. 

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 5

Too bad, but I can personally wait another month (or more) for polishing of the AI and other stuff. Wouldn’t want George to go postal on the maiden voyage with this advanced bird😅

Regarding the miles, I understand from the newsletter that anyone who bought the stand-alone version of the AH-64 module, will get their miles topped up to 8,500. Well, I did and the module is showing up as bought on my profile page but my miles are  still showing ‘0’. Did I misunderstand the newsletter or…?

Edited by Flowtex

16 hours ago, razo+r said:

That was so expected to be honest.

Their first planned dates are 99% of the times never achieved.

That's true.

lef0Ilx.jpg

Young padawans learning now how its going here 😉.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Sadly this is not possible. 

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

No, I am so sorry, if I could I would move everyone over to the standalone, I do get why people use Steam, heck I have 152 games on it, but we just cant do the cool things with ED Miles that we can on the standalone. I will ask if there is anything we could do, but we are somewhat limited by Valve I am afraid.

thanks for answering! one idea would be to give a discount coupon on Steam for the next purchase. It's just an idea! Of course the coupon would be equivalent to 8,500 miles. Thanks!

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Just seen ED have given me 8500 miles ($8.50) for delay in release of Apache, as a good will gesture. I'm impressed, very nice of them. Really good customer service. I think I will put this towards buying the JF-17, whilst on sale. Thank you ED, nice touch.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

thanks for answering! one idea would be to give a discount coupon on Steam for the next purchase. It's just an idea! Of course the coupon would be equivalent to 8,500 miles. Thanks!

Yep, I think Steam hace discount coupons that can be applied to some particular products even (i.e: DCS mods)

This way, It could be equivalent to the standalone good will gesture and ED can get some aditional unexpected purchases.