Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

The 8500 miles would seem to indicate an ultimate release price of $85 despite the 79.99 currently advertised.  Still very fair for a complex module and quite an incentive to do the pre-order thing with an rough 50% total package discount if you take into account the air miles.   

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

4 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Would refunding on steam and buying direct be a work around to this? Just a thought. 

Steam honoured my refund request in about three-hours but I won't see the cash back in my Steam wallet for a few days. They say they don't usually refund after 14 days, but my pre-order was from October. This one of the reasons I like Steam, it does offer certain conveniences.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

16 hours ago, Sr. said:

Thanks ED for the pre-order miles upgrade! 👍

Agreed!

There was no reason at all for ED to have to do this, so it's just a really nice gesture :thumbup:

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This is great news for me, I’d spent all my money on Lego for me and my daughter (including a £650 Millennium Falcon) so was broke till January.

In my excitement at having fun things to do with my daughter I’d completely forgot about the AH64, so though I’m probably in the minority I’m very thankful.

Earlier in the year when ED seemed to be suggesting it'd be done by the end of this year I just couldn't believe it.  But then I got a little belief in me in these later months when it seemed it was all steam ahead and vids were coming out and release months were announced.  Ah well.  

Truth is, ED tries to be ambitious with their releases and often misses the mark, but if you go in knowing that, you can stave off disappointment.  I'm a bit disappointed cause I didn't listen to myself, but not angry at them.  I always thought this was a complex module and getting it done in the time they were saying definitely felt like record time.  Better a delayed release than having to hear from the pitchfork crowd after the F-16.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Will George talk and call contacts and enemy activity at late January 2022?

I hope too!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 11/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, Jaakov said:

Only thing that I not okay with is that they started collecting money and hyping with videos and then failed to deliver. If they said it in the beginning of the october and started preorder now it would be whole different story. Its obvious that they actually knew, because of only one wags video posted after preorder trailer... 

Woah, woah. Are you trying to say that people shouldn't preorder games?

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, ChuckyChuck said:

I pre-ordered with my miles, does that mean no extra miles for me?

correct. 

Miles rules can be found here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/miles_rules/

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have a pretty big steam collection myself and no general problem with it - and I also started with DCS on steam.

Anyhow, the moment I learned there was a standalone version of it and I could transfer my modules, it was a split second decision to do so. Never ever did I regret it since.

I would highly recommend it to anybody. Only advantages, no downsides IMHO! 👍

On Topic! Thanks for the extra miles, much appreciated, and whilst I'm disappointed that I won't be able to tinker with it during the holidays, I 100% support the decision!

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 11/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Feuerfalke said:

Actually, I'm perfectly fine with the delay.

Yes, a few more weeks of waiting, but it will be totally worth it, looking at the complexity of this bird.

You won't be getting that full complexity for quite sometime. :)

4 hours ago, pii said:

You won't be getting that full complexity for quite sometime. 🙂

Surely not the full, but what we've seen so far looks like quite fun and complex to me.

In any case. I've waited 25 Years since Janes Longbow.

So I am pretty confident whatever comes our way early 2022 won't disappoint me. 🙂

• Like 2

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• ED Team
7 hours ago, pii said:

You won't be getting that full complexity for quite sometime. 🙂

Of course, anyone entering into Early Access modules should fully expect not everything will be working at launch, its pretty much the definition of Early Access.

• Like 5

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

42 minutes ago, Rabies said:

I first played Gunship on the ZX SPECTRUM 128k

You greenhorns used off-the-shelf computers? You don't know how you got it good. Next thing you tell me is that you purchased  "Gunship", instead of typing it in yourself from a Magazine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 11:33 AM, Jaakov said:

Only thing that I not okay with is that they started collecting money and hyping with videos and then failed to deliver. If they said it in the beginning of the october and started preorder now it would be whole different story. Its obvious that they actually knew, because of only one wags video posted after preorder trailer... 

Such is the world of Video Game Development. At least it's not an outright cancelation. Sure, it sucks that I won't be blowing tanks up from 8mi away, but at least the Apache is still coming, and will work on day one. As others have said, ED learned the hard way with the F-16 with it being too buggy and having few of the announced features. As for the collecting money part.... well.... artists and programmers need to eat too ya know... they can't just work on good faith alone.

• Like 1