Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

2 hours ago, Funkysak said:

If I were a betting man, I'd say we may not see the Apache until Valentines day.

Same, unfortunately. Looking at the list of things left to do before EA release in the Apache FAQs post, I'm becoming more and more pessimistic about them achieving the late-January release date. Three/four weeks left to go, and they still have to finish the SCAS modes, the attitude, altitude, and heading modes, and the George AI. Those things alone are worrisome, and that's just a partial list.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 7:40 AM, Jetguy06 said:

Same, unfortunately. Looking at the list of things left to do before EA release in the Apache FAQs post, I'm becoming more and more pessimistic about them achieving the late-January release date. Three/four weeks left to go, and they still have to finish the SCAS modes, the attitude, altitude, and heading modes, and the George AI. Those things alone are worrisome, and that's just a partial list.

Ditto. I was grateful for the transparency of the list that was released, but the list of to-do's before EA is greater than the  list to do after EA so my first gut reaction when seeing that list was one of great disappointment too - expecting that we'll be lucky to see a release in Q2.

However after considering certain factors - I'm now hoping  (maybe wishful thinking) that the majority of the stuff on the to-do list is already mostly complete, and it's just a matter of polishing / finishing it off so it can be ticked off  as complete- as opposed to  the first impression I got which was that they haven't even started work on it yet. 

Of course this is just conjecture, but the reason that I have this optimism and hope is that looking back ED were expecting a December release - and right up until near the end of the year. Then when they realised this wasn't going to occur - they had the opportunity to change the date - they only pushed it back a single month. It would not make sense of them to do that if they knew they had many months of work to do and would be intentionally misleading, and while ED may take time to release modules - being intentionally misleading is not something I believe they practice. 

So - with no other bit of information to work on, and just this - at this stage I'm still hoping for a January release of EA. I hope this is of some encouragement 😀

• Like 2

We'll know by whether Wags releases any new videos in the next week or two.

Whatever happens - it's coming. And that's more than enough for me. Casmo's video today is proof to me that ED is doing their absolute best to learn from previous experience and make this an excellent module.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

2 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Ditto. I was grateful for the transparency of the list that was released, but the list of to-do's before EA is greater than the  list to do after EA so my first gut reaction when seeing that list was one of great disappointment too - expecting that we'll be lucky to see a release in Q2.

However after considering certain factors - I'm now hoping  (maybe wishful thinking) that the majority of the stuff on the to-do list is already mostly complete, and it's just a matter of polishing / finishing it off so it can be ticked off  as complete- as opposed to  the first impression I got which was that they haven't even started work on it yet. 

Of course this is just conjecture, but the reason that I have this optimism and hope is that looking back ED were expecting a December release - and right up until near the end of the year. Then when they realised this wasn't going to occur - they had the opportunity to change the date - they only pushed it back a single month. It would not make sense of them to do that if they knew they had many months of work to do and would be intentionally misleading, and while ED may take time to release modules - being intentionally misleading is not something I believe they practice. 

So - with no other bit of information to work on, and just this - at this stage I'm still hoping for a January release of EA. I hope this is of some encouragement 😀

Yeah, the more I thought about it after my previous post, the more I came to a similar conclusion.

I just watched Casmo's new video, and he did say that the hold modes weren't working yet. I wonder if they hadn't been enabled and are only available in the developer's testing build (but then again, they would be flying the developer's build, right?), or if the devs haven't injected the hold modes in yet because they're waiting until they're complete. Idk, I'm not a developer, I can only guess.

And I agree with you now that you've pointed it out; I don't think ED would have waited as long to delay the December release, and only delay it by six weeks or so, if there was truly that much stuff left to do that hadn't been started on yet. I'm starting to feel better about a late-January release, but I'm still not 100% convinced, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they delay it again, but boy would I love to be proven wrong!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

We'll know by whether Wags releases any new videos in the next week or two.

Whatever happens - it's coming. And that's more than enough for me. Casmo's video today is proof to me that ED is doing their absolute best to learn from previous experience and make this an excellent module.

I WANT TO BE ALIVE WHEN IT DOES!!!!

On 11/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, Rabies said:

You young grasshopper 🤣

I’ve been waiting since I first played Gunship on the ZX SPECTRUM 128k in 1986 🤦‍♂️🤣

~Just pipped you with Tomahawk 1985😀

th.jpg

• Like 5

Intel i9 - 149000K CPU @ 5.38GHz

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

HyperX Fury 64gb 5200MHz

MSI MPG Z790

Logitech X-56      VR - HP G2 Reverb V2

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Hog_driver:

YOU are old? My first sim was Flight Simulator on ZX Spectrum and, a few months later, Spitfire Ace on C-64! 🙂

I remember playing Spitfire Ace on the C64 as well! My first more serious look into "flight sims" was Microproses F-15 Strike Eagle, and I got really seriously invested (reading the manual religiously) in Gunship, all on the C64.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I remember playing Spitfire Ace on the C64 as well! My first more serious look into "flight sims" was Microproses F-15 Strike Eagle, and I got really seriously invested (reading the manual religiously) in Gunship, all on the C64.

There were some other sims later on, but the most "playable" for me was A.C.E. (Air Combat "Emulator", LOL) on the C-64. Then, when I finally got my first PC, I could play F-19 Stealth Fighter and it was more complex by an order of magnitude (mission and weapon selection, waypoints) and I loved it!

• Like 2

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Hog_driver:

There were some other sims later on, but the most "playable" for me was A.C.E. (Air Combat "Emulator", LOL) on the C-64. Then, when I finally got my first PC, I could play F-19 Stealth Fighter and it was more complex by an order of magnitude (mission and weapon selection, waypoints) and I loved it!

I got an Amiga as in interim before my first PC. Got Gunship for the Amiga as well, and Falcon 1, and played Digital Integration's F-16 Combat Pilot to death. I believe I also had F-19 Stealth Fighter on the Amiga, and F-117 later on as one of my first PC games. I do have fond memories of F-15 Strike Eagle III on the 386, playing it all night with a school buddy in coop mode (via cable) over the weekend.

Oh, and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat! Loved that game!

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I got an Amiga as in interim before my first PC. Got Gunship for the Amiga as well, and Falcon 1, and played Digital Integration's F-16 Combat Pilot to death. I believe I also had F-19 Stealth Fighter on the Amiga, and F-117 later on as one of my first PC games. I do have fond memories of F-15 Strike Eagle III on the 386, playing it all night with a school buddy in coop mode (via cable) over the weekend.

Oh, and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat! Loved that game!

I spent a lot of time flying Phantoms and shooting down MiG-21s in Chuck Yeager's 🙂

Strike Eagle III was great (I had to figure out the switchology by myself) but it was hardly playable on my 386 (low fps and stuff).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Alphamale said:

I WANT TO BE ALIVE WHEN IT DOES!!!!

Me too chap, what with all this covid 😉 an all... 

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Had a blast multiplayer Comanche Hokum. One trick we learned when doing players vs players, when checking the map showing all active assets and players, the client icons would flash when they were using the radio to communicate. Thus we could spot who was enemy client and take them out. Lot's of laughs plus cursing from the enemy clients.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |