Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

On 1/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

I remember playing Spitfire Ace on the C64 as well! My first more serious look into "flight sims" was Microproses F-15 Strike Eagle, and I got really seriously invested (reading the manual religiously) in Gunship, all on the C64.

Same, Microprose F-15E Strike Eagle was my first before Novalogic and the "Excellent for the time" Jane's Longbow I & II.  Lots of others followed.  Still have them all on the original disks and packaging. 

• Like 4

Am 9.1.2022 um 23:51 schrieb BigBANGtheory:

flew the KA50 & A10c but wanted the Apache, can't believe we're getting the module in a little over 3 weeks time all being well. Even if its delayed again its not far off really looking forward to this more than any other module its gonna be so good

I hope that they can make it. I have reserved a full week of vacation for this release. So ED is in full control of when I actually get my work free time 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

Hope it's not a stupid question: will ED give us some kind of "last day" notification, before Pre-Order option ends (and Apache rolls out)?

Hi. 

Probably not. I can't recall a similar thing happening for other modules/releases. I may be wrong anyway...

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi. 

Probably not. I can't recall a similar thing happening for other modules/releases. I may be wrong anyway...

Saludos.

Saca111

They don't officially, but it will be obvious at the time that the release is due. Look for increased tempo of Wag's videos schedule and keep coming to forums to get a feel for the buzz of an impending OB update.....

It's not hard to time the pre-order to the day prior to release.

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Razor18:

Hope it's not a stupid question: will ED give us some kind of "last day" notification, before Pre-Order option ends (and Apache rolls out)?

Well, if you want to get it with pre-order savings, why don't you do it now? 50 bucks less you have to pay penalty interests for 😉

Also, if it enters early access, you will most likely (no guaranteess) still have a 20% early access discount.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Razor18 said:

I'm not sure they would give you a "it is releasing on X" heads up but, if I am honest, I highly doubt you will get this module cheaper then what it is now. From this price it goes to early access pricing to full price when the module is out of EA so it's only going to go up.

• Like 1

On steam the release is currently listed as Jan 26th, or at least that’s when they will be currently shutting down the pre-order discount. Not sure how well that can be used to gauge it, but it may be that soon. Frantically refreshing YouTube for the next instructional video is getting depressing. 

My guess is we'll know Friday once the newsletter comes out. If there's no mention of a delay, then we can reasonably expect to see it this month.

I've said it in another thread, but what worries me is the list of things left to finish before EA release, especially with the George AI, the SCAS modes, and the attitude, altitude, and heading hold modes being the biggest ones I can remember. I hope they're far enough along on those that they're about to be complete.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jetguy06 said:

My guess is we'll know Friday once the newsletter comes out. If there's no mention of a delay, then we can reasonably expect to see it this month.

I've said it in another thread, but what worries me is the list of things left to finish before EA release, especially with the George AI, the SCAS modes, and the attitude, altitude, and heading hold modes being the biggest ones I can remember. I hope they're far enough along on those that they're about to be complete.

I don't worry about the Apache features for an Apache EA release as much as I worry about the core DCS dependencies like improved FLIR. They've already had multiple SME flights - we know it flies, shoots, self- and buddy-lases, and more. The big picture stuff (IMO) is more likely to delay its EA release into Spring 2022.

• Like 1

• ED Team

We appreciate your patience, our plan is currently the end of January, if that changes we will let you all know. 

We want the release to be the best it can be.

thanks

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think most people would want to fly it even if its broke, and they are told its broke LOL,,,, I know I would like to dip my toes in the water now. Jus sayin,,,,,

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

12 hours ago, Fakum said:

I think most people would want to fly it even if its broke, and they are told its broke LOL,,,, I know I would like to dip my toes in the water now. Jus sayin,,,,,

This never works. The initial excitement always very quickly makes place for annoyance or anger, depending on the type of person you are. It's a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' scenario.

Take longer to release, people will cry they want it now no matter the state

Release it in a semi-buggy, unfinished, unpolished state, people will cry that ED should have kept it in the oven a bit longer.

In the end all we can do is have a little patience and let the Gods at ED decide when they grace us with the presence of the holy Apache.

• Like 12

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

16 minutes ago, MrDieing said:

This never works. The initial excitement always very quickly makes place for annoyance or anger, depending on the type of person you are. It's a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' scenario.

Take longer to release, people will cry they want it now no matter the state

Release it in a semi-buggy, unfinished, unpolished state, people will cry that ED should have kept it in the oven a bit longer.

In the end all we can do is have a little patience and let the Gods at ED decide when they grace us with the presence of the holy Apache.

Exactly.

And I still can't wait :).

• Like 2

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Nothing like the community to test in early release to reveal bugs 😉

• Like 3

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

27 minutes ago, GunnyCook said:

Nothing like the community to test in early release to reveal bugs 😉

Yeah...  double edged sword though 🙂

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)