Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

vor 7 Stunden schrieb thunder511:

When is the Apache Longbow going to be released

The "dummy" release date on steam is the 26th of January but you shouldn't consider it to be carved in stone.

My estimation is that we will get another delay if we don't see any new mini-updates this week. Using the Hind EA release as reference, we are still missing at least 5 mini-updates: cold start, takeoff, gun, rockets, hellfires. There are probably more thar I forgot.

However, I don't know if missing mini-updates are a show stopper. So this is just an assumption of mine and not based on facts.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:31 PM, Mad Dog 762 said:

My "first" was a Commodore Vic 20, the 486 was ages ahead of that!  

I started out on the old Vic 20.😀

• Like 3

Intel i9 - 149000K CPU @ 5.38GHz

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

HyperX Fury 64gb 5200MHz

MSI MPG Z790

Logitech X-56      VR - HP G2 Reverb V2

On 1/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, Raptor9 said:

I can't wait to hear the two arguments that always get brought up any time a major DCS update happens:
1) I paid for early access, and as a paying customer I shouldn't be given a product with [insert bug here]
2) "Everyone" plays on Open Beta, so Open Beta is actually just Stable by a different name. They shouldn't be allowing [insert bug here] to affect Open Beta like this.

Both are so illogical and silly, yet they will always happen.  No matter what.  I promise. 😁

Engineer here. Delivered development and production hardware for 40 years. Often had the discussion: Do we deliver "as is" or work out more bugs and ship later. If we shipped "as is" we shipped with an engineer (me or some other peon). Can't do that with s/w. As an aside, I worked on the development AH-64 that had the PNVS and the OTAS (Observers Target Acquisition System) at Camp A.P. Hill and Camp Hunter-Liggett. Production system had the TADS instead of OTAS. We had the fun job of gluing the mount to the helmets for tracking head movements for PNVS. Messed up one pilot's and he was pissed. Oooops. Great fun. Did get some front seat rides, though. Tried my hand at piloting. Nope. Nope. Not for me. Waiting for the release. 

• Like 2

We should have already seen an engine startup video by now, I guess. 🙂

• Like 4

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

IMHO, it's the same as last week; if there's no mention of a delay by or in the Friday newsletter, we're in the clear.

I'm also not trying to put too much hope into this idea but... going back through my somewhat reliable memory, I don't think ED has ever delayed a module inside two weeks to EA release. The last delay was three to four weeks away from release, and most others, as I remember, we're delayed months before. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but historically I don't think it ever has.

• Like 1

Yeah I am thinking its not looking good.  Its been weeks since we have seen a video, and we still haven't got any on actual flying.  And the silence is deafening.  Its too bad, it was looking good and they built all the hype up with the teasers and pre-order, and then........................................................

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

34 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Yeah I am thinking its not looking good.  Its been weeks since we have seen a video, and we still haven't got any on actual flying.  And the silence is deafening.  Its too bad, it was looking good and they built all the hype up with the teasers and pre-order, and then........................................................

I agree that the hype was certainly built up a bit too early. The video schedule was looking good until a few weeks ago.

Signs aren’t too good for a release in 9 days. They may have hit a blocker or something, but it’s best we get bad news sooner rather than later.  The closer we get to the end of the month, the harder it’ll be to take.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:04 AM, Diesel_Thunder said:

I played the heck out of SWOTL in the 90’s on my dad’s 486. I even ported that over into DosBox for when I’m in the mood for a little retro gaming.

that was such an awesome game for it's time...  Which I played on a Tandy 486.  I remember buying a HDD from Hard Drives International, 20MB's, or something like that.  I thought that was the cat's @$$....

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair.... I think it was 1982....

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

21 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

that was such an awesome game for it's time...  Which I played on a Tandy 486.  I remember buying a HDD from Hard Drives International, 20MB's, or something like that.  I thought that was the cat's @$$....

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair.... I think it was 1982....

http://www.top80sgames.com/site/

• Like 2

Intel i9 - 149000K CPU @ 5.38GHz

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

HyperX Fury 64gb 5200MHz

MSI MPG Z790

Logitech X-56      VR - HP G2 Reverb V2

I have paid for the Apache in advance, but I say, the more complete state it is in, the better. I’m willing to wait until it’s in the early access state ED outlined. So far ED has done a great job with their products, so I’m sure it’s better to wait. If it drops this month, I’ll be happy, but I can wait.

• Like 2

While I'm still hopeful, it's starting to not look good from my point of view. Not only with the lack of videos yesterday and today, but BN was just in the forums earlier posting in the IZLID thread in the Wishlist section. Since we haven't heard from him saying the end-of-January release is still planned since before the last newsletter, I'm thinking he may have been told behind the scenes not to say anything about a January release anymore which may indicate another delay. Just saying, he was in the forums earlier, had the opportunity to pop in and put our minds at ease, and didn't. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by Jetguy06
  • Like 1