Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

I think that the lack of ED is always in those circumstances: in the moment that need only a little update, info, like “ two more week, or next mont, or tomorrow..” nothing.. they dont say nothing…is a wrong communivation strategy that after causes always problems…clear and polite comm is a base between people…i love dcs products but not this…

@giullep ED used to communicate a lot in the past and the community expactations were too high, last minute delays usually happens because in an early access product you can't foreseen the future and last minute bugs when you put the pieces together may happen, personally i would say do happens most of the times.
The community used to rage and accusing false promises, so ED choose to adopt other ways of communication such as telling the community 2 hrs before release, today we'll be releasing this and that, also because final testing it's stretched up to the last few minutes sometimes.
It's not ED miscommunication it's more community fault, because sometimes acts very childish.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

you are right, I remain of the opinion that the most important thing is clarity and correctness, as you say on both sides. to put out the fire before it starts, especially with keyboard lions, I think it is rewarding to communicate any problems to avoid a disproportionate increase in expectations. Postponing and delaying the launch of any product is right and perfectly understandable, I think it is only important, after a postponement already done as from December to January (like this for ah-64), to understand that the expectation is now there .. so in case, instead of keeping silent maybe it would be better to update the users .. that's all.

thanks

Except they keep updating us and saying they have no news.  And when they have news they will tell us.    The problem is people in this thread keeps ignoring there statement and whines and think that’s going to change the news they have.   Just the other day they said in this thread they have no news.   They said the same a few days before that.   Just wait.  ED just came back from there vacation on the 10th.     Give them time to work and do there thing.  All the people need to do in the forum is wait.   There is nothing that you can, will are going to do to change that situation.      If it drops next week, good.  If it don’t I am sure they will give you a new date to whine about. 

• Like 6

Here's your answer....

Screenshot_20220121-100636_Facebook.jpg

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Gotta be honest… that’s annoying. When the pre buy period was opened, it launched with a video that concluded with a giant “2021” scene. That slipped to late January, which as a longtime DCS customer wasn’t surprising, but it has been clear that they weren’t going to make it so the last minute “surprise, we hope for Q1” is odd. While I hear everyone on the “take the time to get it right” train, and agree with this sentiment, I’d add that they should learn from prior marketing mistakes and not repeat them. They lose a significant amount of the “hype” with the persistent and predictable delays.

To end my rant on a positive note, it’s a great flight sim and an unmatched product! It keeps my flying fresh when I can’t get up in my real plane, and I’m very thankful to the ED team for making a fun product!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

What Wags was talking about in the video .

Hey everyone wags here from eagle dynamics .
All of us at eagle dynamics wish you good health and happiness in 2022.
We have an exciting year planned and the cornerstone of that will be our AH-64D,

Since we announced the module approximately a year ago, we have made tremendous and rapid progress on this highly complex aircraft that will set a new benchmark for AH-64D simulations. This promises to be an exciting experience that pushes DCS to new heights and will certainly be worth.

The wait as of January 2022 some of the more notable tasks completed over the past year includes the external and internal cockpit models, external and internal lighting and sounds, the integrated helmet display and sight system, most of the multi-purpose display pages, the pilot night vision sensor, the target acquisition designation site sensors, 30 millimeter cannon, unguided rockets, laser hellfire missiles, the aircraft's survivability equipment and common missile warning systems and our new George AI system for the pilot, the core flight dynamics and the stability control augmentation system are nearly complete as well as the visual damage model. Despite our best efforts though Covid-19 and some technical challenges have resulted in some development items still requiring completion before we can release into early access.

It is very important to us that we provide you a polished product that delivers all of our planned early access features as bug free as possible items that we are diligently working on between now and early access release includes flight model control system, heading attitude and altitude hold modes, full network multi-crew synchronization, all systems for cold starting the aircraft, George as a co-pilot gunner, improved pilot animations and flight dynamics and system damage effects.

We are committed to a quality release and to complete these remaining items require a little more development time into the first quarter of this year.
We fully appreciate how eager many of you are to jump into your AH-64D cockpits and we apologize for this delay however we are committed to a quality product at release even if that requires additional development time. 

We sincerely thank you for your patience and we can assure you that it will be well worth the wait upon early access release of our AH-64D development work will certainly not end or slow down important features to add in the post early access release phase include the fire control radar and radar guided, hellfire missiles, the inter-flight data link to share targets zones and points with wingmen, more defensive systems like the laser, warning and radar jammer devices, new rotor visual effects, multi-target tracker mode and more.

Thank you for your patience passion and support on this groundbreaking module, and we look forward to have it in your hands soon.

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

10 minutes ago, hanab said:

I'm very glad to didn't buy it. As I don’t expect it, I am not disappointed!  

Since the hornet, which is still not finished, I no longer buy any EA. 

I'm a big advocate of denying the pre-order payment. I'm doing so while I still pre-ordered the F-14 and Mi-24 modules also back in the day.

After seeing the (lack of) visual performance of Mi-24 in VR I decided to NEVER pre-order the AH-64D, I'd rather wait for the released product and check this out on my PC in VR.

...BUT...

Right now based on the honest communication about the delay and the sheer quality of the video presented in the development report I decided to rather pre-order the Apache. Not only for the module itself (but I really hope that it will be flyable in VR with usable framerates), but also to financially support the development team early.

I'm doing this not for this particular module, but mainly for helping the Vulkan + Multicore + VR development at the same time.

That's what I can do by now ED. Not much, but I hope it will help. I'm doing it in the belief that in this year we'll see a miracle in DCS at the field of VR quality.

I wish for the team and all the fellow armchair pilots a healty new year!

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

3 minutes ago, Paladin1cd said:

I noticed he mentioned George AI for pilot - will he not be able to be gunner and player as pilot? 

He didn't say anything about bullets or fuel type either.  Probably can't even fly until we get fuel and I think likely the gun won't work at all...

Also...  he said "New Rotor Animations"...  WTF @Wags  Are we not going to have ANY other animations at ALLL?????!!1!11!!!ONE!!11!!

I'm sorry.  I couldn't help it.

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

6 minutes ago, Paladin1cd said:

I noticed he mentioned George AI for pilot - will he not be able to be gunner and player as pilot? 

3:20 in the video.One of the reasons for the delayed launch.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

It was somewhat foreseeable. When they released their remaining TODOs list a few weeks ago I was already thinking that they still had a lot of items to finish and the time might not be enough. The missing mini-updates were also pointing into that direction.

Would have been totally awesome to jump into the Longbow cockpit next week, but after waiting for more than 2 decades (1997 - Jane's Longbow 2) I think I can mange to wait some more weeks. Not that there aren't already enough aircrafts in my virtual hangar waiting to be mastered 😉 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb showtime817th:

In the video @ 1:57 can someone tell me what map and location that is?

Probably a part of the new Syria expansion that was announced

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, showtime817th said:

Or in the futur Falklands map

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

6 minutes ago, showtime817th said:

extended Syria.

and people, get a life! Some of you whining about delay.....obivously, you think that your f...g preorder entitles you to free rant and bitching...have you ever worked on a project in your entire life? What is wrong with you? Take your toxic life somewhere else.

• Like 1