Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

39 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

Not only for the module itself (but I really hope that it will be flyable in VR with usable framerates), but also to financially support the development team early.

Given that you won't be getting your hands on it until release day, wouldn't your financial support be worth more if you waited until then and paid full price? 🤔

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Harry.R said:

Yes, watch the video or read Admiral Z's post above.

I did watch the video and was referring to the point someone else said was apparently at 3:20. He only referenced him as a pilot, not as a copilot gunner which is the terminology usually used and is specific which is why I inquired.  

Can we not snap back at people like that when they ask a question, your tone is not useful and shows a inference that wasn’t there. I’m asking what I believe to be a valid question as this is the most recent comments we have which could have inferred we would not get a CPG from the beginning or at all perhaps. 

• Like 1

So, I'll be needing an Apache "buddy".

😉

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

6 minutes ago, Paladin1cd said:

I did watch the video and was referring to the point someone else said was apparently at 3:20. He only referenced him as a pilot, not as a copilot gunner which is the terminology usually used and is specific which is why I inquired.  

Can we not snap back at people like that when they ask a question, your tone is not useful and shows a inference that wasn’t there. I’m asking what I believe to be a valid question as this is the most recent comments we have which could have inferred we would not get a CPG from the beginning or at all perhaps. 

Calling "George" a pilot was at 2:something. You get your answer at 3:19 "George" as Pilot Gunner, this is something they are working on right now and have to "finish" before EA release, so that is one point why it is not released in EA next week.

• Thanks 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

31 minutes ago, dali said:

extended Syria.

and people, get a life! Some of you whining about delay.....obivously, you think that your f...g preorder entitles you to free rant and bitching...have you ever worked on a project in your entire life? What is wrong with you? Take your toxic life somewhere else.

As paying customers I fully believe delays are reasons for complaint. In most work they would entitle people to refunds, cost penalties, etc when you deal with defense contracts or construction anyway. Ignore it if you don’t like it, that’s your right too. I’m confident I’d be happier if I didn’t come on the forums personally, maybe we should be battle buddies and encourage each other not to come in here lol.

im just going to say we could all, myself included, be more civil. God people, you have no idea what’s going on in my day to day nor do I know wheats going on in yours. For all I know someone is very frustrated because they are terminal or something. Everyone is going through <profanity>. As a community we can express ourselves better while GROWING THE COMMUNITY which is to all our benefit as it’s better for ED and brings us more players. God if I wasn’t several thousand into DCS and I came into here I’d probably say ya know I don’t need a flight sim. We are all frustrated, for different reasons. 

I’ll do better going forward as much as I humanly can. 

be safe folks

1 minute ago, unknown said:

Calling "George" a pilot was at 2:something. You get your answer at 3:19 "George" as Pilot Gunner, this is something they are working on right now and have to "finish" before EA release, so that is one point why it is not released in EA next week.

Thanks, I missed the second part. Just seemed strange the part I heard. Thought perhaps I’d missed something. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. We had COVID hit our household last week, so I can definitely appreciate how disruptive that can be to an already incredibly difficult thing to predict, such as release dates in the development world 👍 

Been wanting something like this from DCS since way back when I got the disc version of the KA-50. Can wait a little longer to stare blankly at the cockpit wondering wtf to do 😅 

• Like 1

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11

45 minutes ago, dali said:

extended Syria.

and people, get a life! Some of you whining about delay.....obivously, you think that your f...g preorder entitles you to free rant and bitching...have you ever worked on a project in your entire life? What is wrong with you? Take your toxic life somewhere else.

Lol, nope. Not sure who you’re referring to, but ED has a long history of missing dates. They launched the pre-order with a big “2021” ad, so I’d say it’s reasonable to say you’re “annoyed” which is the exact word I used. The actual sequence of events was “2021!”, then “late January”, then “maybe Feb / Q1.” You’re right, it’s not the end of the world! Life goes on. But saying you’re annoyed and commenting that they ought to endeavor to figure out a better way is something everyone who paid for the module under the impression it was coming in 2021 has the right to do. 🙂 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stormrider said:

@Wags Take your time and deliver a quality product.

Agreed!  

Also, @BIGNEWY, if you don’t mind….. Considering the swinging hook in both seats, was this video filmed on a multithread and/or vulkan build of DCS? Video looked great, smooth as butter, and seeing that swinging loop really rock steady and with gravity…… I know i’m hopeful, but…. Maybe??? Lol

• Like 4

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

56 minutes ago, epoch said:

Given that you won't be getting your hands on it until release day, wouldn't your financial support be worth more if you waited until then and paid full price? 🤔

Good point. But the price difference is not so much plus I give this money now, in advance.

In the current situation I have a proper PC to run DCS in VR with a G2, but lacking a strong GPU (using a spare GTX 1070 right now), so there is a good possibility that I won't be able to enjoy the Apache upon release until the big graphic engine overhaul hits. If I wait for the release and check out the module for free for two weeks there is a big chance that I would not buy it eventually. I know myself well.

So paying early is much more dedicated to Vulkan + Multicore + VR right now, at least on my behalf. I already asked ED if we can pay for the graphic engine overhaul to be ready sooner, but they have no plans for that. I'm much less interested in Apache itself than the whole graphic engine rework.

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Nomatic said:

Agreed!  

Also, @BIGNEWY, if you don’t mind….. Considering the swinging hook in both seats, was this video filmed on a multithread and/or vulkan build of DCS? Video looked great, smooth as butter, and seeing that swinging loop really rock steady and with gravity…… I know i’m hopeful, but…. Maybe??? Lol

If you think the hooks look good when you see the rest it will blow your mind 🙂 
Was not filmed with multicore or vulkan. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Two Questions:

"The texture of the helmet is made in such a way that you can draw your individual skins, stickers, attach patches and country flags."

Why is this specifically mentioned ? Are we talking Multiplayer sync ? or just normal Skins only like we know already ?

"However, certain aspects still require extra polish notably [...] certain crew animations"

Again, why is this specifically mentioned ? Is there something new / improved than we know already with other modules ? Can i finally point left in VR and the rear / front player sees my hand ? 🙂

image.png

1 hour ago, Paladin1cd said:

Perhaps language differences, I wasn't snapping back at you, merely pointing out that the answers you seek are available in the both the video and also in the transcript posted below it.

George is referenced specifically as being under developement as the a co-pilot/gunner (CPG) at 3:20. I think you may be confusing the features that were stated earlier in the video that are already available in the build (George as pilot, allowing us (the player) to be CPG).  What I'm hearing is that George will be capable of both roles on EA release?

Either way, like you I'm really looking forward to the release of this one. 🙂

Edited by Harry.R
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

Good point. But the price difference is not so much plus I give this money now, in advance.

In the current situation I have a proper PC to run DCS in VR with a G2, but lacking a strong GPU (using a spare GTX 1070 right now), so there is a good possibility that I won't be able to enjoy the Apache upon release until the big graphic engine overhaul hits. If I wait for the release and check out the module for free for two weeks there is a big chance that I would not buy it eventually. I know myself well.

So paying early is much more dedicated to Vulkan + Multicore + VR right now, at least on my behalf. I already asked ED if we can pay for the graphic engine overhaul to be ready sooner, but they have no plans for that. I'm much less interested in Apache itself than the whole graphic engine rework.

Yup, I share your concerns.  I'm running a G2 with a 1080Ti.  Getting decent performance but for sure I'd like better.  GPU prices are still crazy.  I'm sat here looking at 11 guitars thinking "hmm which one of you can I sell in order to get a RTX 3080".  The answer of course is none of them.  Maybe.

I'm hopeful that performance will be acceptable until the gfx rework.

Edited by epoch

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you think the hooks look good when you see the rest it will blow your mind 🙂 
Was not filmed with multicore or vulkan. 

I have a question, maybe Bignewy can help with?
Will the Steam pre-order discount be extended again after 27th JAN to the new release date? As i havent yet bought it, and would like to buy more modules while I wait, then buy apache nearer the release date , thanks 🙂

I think that ED, did a great job on easing the blow on the delay in the release date, but that video looked sooo good now I want to fly it even more....LOL. I think that just kicked on the afterburner on the hype train....

Edited by t_hedlund
  • Like 1

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

2 hours ago, epoch said:

Yup, I share your concerns.  I'm running a G2 with a 1080Ti.  Getting decent performance but for sure I'd like better.  GPU prices are still crazy.  I'm sat here looking at 11 guitars thinking "hmm which one of you can I sell in order to get a RTX 3080".  The answer of course is none of them.  Maybe.

I'm hopeful that performance will be acceptable until the gfx rework.

It really feels like ED is chasing a sort of visual fidelity chimera. At some point, they'll have to reckon with it.

The sad part will be that so many of their customers will have warned them of it years in advance.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

4 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

Would have been totally awesome to jump into the Longbow cockpit next week, but after waiting for more than 2 decades (1997 - Jane's Longbow 2) I think I can mange to wait some more weeks.

100 % agree. 25 years was a long time, but I think, we'll be happy when the AH-64D arrives to DCS in a few weeks... 💪

• Like 2

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

9 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

It really feels like ED is chasing a sort of visual fidelity chimera. At some point, they'll have to reckon with it.

The sad part will be that so many of their customers will have warned them of it years in advance.

In this AH-64 video the image quality is PERFECT. The problem is in VR it's a different world because of the VR support tailored into an old engine. If only proper AA and good framerate would be a reality after the update and the visual quality will be the same as in 2D then I'll be in heaven. The G2 is capable of presenting the quality picture-wise, so it's up to ED to optimize.

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP