Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

Since I pay partly by Miles, so I do not get any of the "apology", afaik. 😄

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

29 minutes ago, Stratos said:

What are those miles exactly and how they work?

The basic of miles to how I understand it.

You get miles from purchasing DCS modules, Miles can be used to partially pay for other modules you purchase or pre order. I hope this is simple enough but if you don't understand fully here is a link https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/bonuses/.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Small caveat to this: we won't be receiving a feature complete module at launch; the delays simply mean the features planned to be working at EA are not ready. So George might currently shoot wildly and jam the winch (100 internet points and a fake portable game player to those who get this reference). Or the transmission blows up when you pull 100.1% on the collective. Or HELLFIRE shoots backwards. That sort of thing.

Just to head off those who might believe that a delay means they could get a working FCR or some such.

Please tell me this is a Desert Strike reference!! Gotta love those amiga sound effects days.

To ED, I've been with you guys since the original Black Shark days and very well remember the carnage that ensued on here over the NTTR/A-10 debacle. Yep delays happen, yes sometimes communication could be better but and it's a massive, mahoosive but.....When ED delivers it is a truly sublime experience. Nowhere on a desktop PC can you get the level of fidelity that DCS gives.

For those stressing about release dates, take some time out from the forum and go and take your favourite module and try something different with it. Go and explore the whole of all the maps you own. Learn how to build missions in the editor and how to code in lua. There is so much to keep you occupied that the time until release will zip by.

Keep up the great work ED team.

Rich

A former Apache Mechanical Technician and aviation nerd!

• Like 2

Did I miss something about the miles that were given to those that purchased the Apache on pre-order?  I bought it on October 9th and just checked my account and I have 0 miles, is there a special way to redeem miles that I don't have.  I'm not a Steam customer, fyi..  Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Zap921 said:

Did I miss something about the miles that were given to those that purchased the Apache on pre-order?  I bought it on October 9th and just checked my account and I have 0 miles, is there a special way to redeem miles that I don't have.  I'm not a Steam customer, fyi..  Thanks!

If you used miles to pre order or purchase a module you don't get ED miles I think.

Edited by reeman

15 minutes ago, reeman said:

If you used miles to pre order or purchase a module you don't get ED miles I think.

Thanks, now I get it.  I used miles from my purchase of the Huey, good or bad, it 's a done deal...

Edited by Zap921
typo

1 hour ago, TZeer said:

But yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to point it out, as some like to interpret things in their own way to the extreme.

Oh, naturally! We have many people already going Mr. D over this now! 😁

And for my next act...

28 minutes ago, MrNelz said:

Please tell me this is a Desert Strike reference!! Gotta love those amiga sound effects days.

You are most correct! Please accept 100 interwebz buckz and this totally legit Game B-Child!

gamechild.jpg

The character in question:
ltdavearrick.jpg

This little game found its way onto many different platforms. Later iterations became mostly exclusive to Sony & co.

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb dali:

To all people here bitching about the "promises" and being frustrated for not getting a toy on time: delete DCS folder and do something constructive. Like, grow up....

Thanks!! You speak to me from the soul. You have to be able to let things be. And EA just don't support it anymore. 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

12 hours ago, reeman said:

The basic of miles to how I understand it.

You get miles from purchasing DCS modules, Miles can be used to partially pay for other modules you purchase or pre order. I hope this is simple enough but if you don't understand fully here is a link https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/bonuses/.

So prepurchasing the Apache will give me 8500 miles, right? Can I use those to pay for the Mirage F1 once available for preorder?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

45 minutes ago, Stratos said:

So prepurchasing the Apache will give me 8500 miles, right? Can I use those to pay for the Mirage F1 once available for preorder?

Dont use miles for preorders. They can take your money and give it to someone else, that's what they did with the apache.

Oh no, I got miles for preordering the Apache using real money. I feel like a thief robbing some of you now. Gee.. I have a bad case of bad conscience now. I wish I had used miles instead of real money, so you guys wouldn´t feel robbed by me.

And only we who payed real money will get the Apache module, right? You poor robbed people who used miles won´t get anything, right? Absolutely not an $80 module, essentially for free..
---------

Listen to yourselves. Now you imply that we, the other Apache customers have taken your money. Miles are not money!
They are just a part of a customer loyalty scheme. When you pay something with miles, you essentially get stuff for free from ED because they want you as a loyal customer. 

Just to be clear. I have not received any of your money, I haven't received YOUR miles. I have received customer loyalty points from ED for using my real, hard earned and taxed money to buy a module before it is released. Miles are not money, and MY miles aren't your money either, so stop implying that I have taken something that is yours. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Yes, you can use those 8500 Miles to partially purchase the F-1.

BUT! If you mix Miles and cash you don't get any Miles for that purchase, as you shouldn't. If you purchase with only cash, you get the Miles. And when you have saved up enough Miles, you can purchase a module with ONLY Miles, but don't get any Miles on THAT purchase. As you shouldn't. 

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Sometimes strange things happen.... 

Edited by MAXsenna

1 hour ago, Ignition said:

Dont use miles for preorders. They can take your money and give it to someone else, that's what they did with the apache.

Inherently incorrect!

Miles are not cash, so they cannot give it away, as you claim. 

It's like with any loyalty program for any airline.

You purchase a trip for cash, and get Miles if you enter the program, (which is automatic in the ED Store). Then you can save up Miles for other trips. But then you don't get Miles on those trips. Obviously, you can't get Miles on Miles.

Now, if the airline suddenly decides to shell out double Miles on that trip, I'm sure you can contact them, ask to pay cash instead, and then you get those Miles. I'm sure they'd be more than happy, because then you'll be a happy returning customer, and upfront cash is king. 

So for the sour bitter people here. You still have time, contact support, ask for a refund and if you get the Miles back. Then purchase the module with cash, and get the whole 8500 Miles. 😊 

Cheers! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spectrum48k said:

You're only old if you had one of these😁

spj.jpg

Wow. I might still actually have one of those in a drawer somewhere. Had it with our Commodore 64 as a kid. 

• Like 3

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11

2 hours ago, doedkoett said:

Oh no, I got miles for preordering the Apache using real money. I feel like a thief robbing some of you now. Gee.. I have a bad case of bad conscience now. I wish I had used miles instead of real money, so you guys wouldn´t feel robbed by me.

And only we who payed real money will get the Apache module, right? You poor robbed people who used miles won´t get anything, right? Absolutely not an $80 module, essentially for free..
---------

Listen to yourselves. Now you imply that we, the other Apache customers have taken your money. Miles are not money!
They are just a part of a customer loyalty scheme. When you pay something with miles, you essentially get stuff for free from ED because they want you as a loyal customer. 

Just to be clear. I have not received any of your money, I haven't received YOUR miles. I have received customer loyalty points from ED for using my real, hard earned and taxed money to buy a module before it is released. Miles are not money, and MY miles aren't your money either, so stop implying that I have taken something that is yours. 

The problem is with ED not you lol. ED decided to refund only who didn't use miles, I used 3 dollars in miles so I didn't get the 8,5 dollars refund.

That money its not big deal, its just about fairness. I will get the same module at the same time as you.

7 minutes ago, Ignition said:

The problem is with ED not you lol. ED decided to refund only who didn't use miles, I used 3 dollars in miles so I didn't get the 8,5 dollars refund.

That money its not big deal, its just about fairness. I will get the same module at the same time as you.

They didn't refund anything. They awarded extra miles. Don't mix Miles and cash, you were not entitled to Miles in the first place. 

• Like 3

• ED Team

ED miles is not cash. 

Rules can be found here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/miles_rules/

Like it or not those are the rules and they can not be changed. 

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2