Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

2 minutes ago, Teeps said:

I think most people don't understand the realities of developing high complexity software these days.

Yep .. and don't understand what "Early Access" and "Pre Order" means either 🙄  .. I purchased my pre-order and then just forget about it, I have plenty of modules to fly in the meantime .. the pre-order will arrive when it's ready and I really don't care how long it takes.

• Like 9

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Exactly.  What if a company actually delivered what they said they would, when they said they would?  That actually used to be the norm, before the public got used to accepting excuses.  

I would genuinely love some examples of what you've just claimed. Seems a lot 'back in my day...' kind of talk, with a heavy shading of rose-tint on the old glasses.

So many things to point out - not least of all a matter of a mere decade ago, let alone two, it was extremely uncommon for game developers to keep in touch like this with a community via a forum. So that alone actually ends up building up expectations around here.

In the past, we were essentially never given hard release dates until it was practically upon us. Hell, most of us didn't keep track of that kind of thing, because we didn't have the internet the way it is now! So in reality, we were just never aware of all the delays. Then also consider the fact that flight sims in the past were nowhere near the complexity of today - so your comparison is complete apples and oranges anyhoo.

I also don't remember people in the past being as "now, now, now" and "me, me, me" as these days. But maybe that's my rose-tinted glasses.

• Like 6

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• ED Team

Please stay on topic. 

The team needed more time, they got it. 

We updated you all with the new planned timeline. 

Understand some of you are not happy, but it is not going to change anything, the team want the launch to be the best it can be, this extra time will help. 

thank you

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Grennymaster said:

They never say it will come, on that exact date. only that it is the planned realease date.... i don´t get the mindset of most people: I want everthing exactly like i expektet it, at the moment i want it and i want it for free........

Guys im Waiting for over 20 Years for an better Apache Sim, since Janes Longbow. Calm down, better wait a few Month more than getting an EA that more Bug than enjoyable.

I'm not complaining... the delays & wait is what it is. Nothing will change it other than the team building it getting it done, and I agree that if they feel they can't release it yet, it isn't ready. 

I however take issue with the perspective around here that goes something like "they never committed to anything, they never give dates, they haven't promised anything, the nerve of some people to be annoyed about a delay!", etc...

That, factually, isn't what happened.

The release video concluded with a giant "2021" in bold white on a black screen. I'd say that what we were paying for, back in October, was an AH-64 module in 2021, originally pushed back to late December. This became late Jan, and now Q1. When we paid the pre-order, it was reasonable to assume that between the videos being shown of the module, the statement that it was at an advanced stage of development, and the giant "2021" in the launch video, that we knew what we were signing up for, which wasn't "sometime whenever it's ready because software development is hard".

Again, not complaining, it's a great game and I'm a wholehearted supporter of the design team, ED, and the hobby, but the idea that floats around here that "release dates are never given" is just not quite playing with all the facts.

Edited by davidrbarnette
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, GunnyCook said:

rather large sigh... so how do i get a credit/refund so i can get another module instead of waiting another month or two or more for this?

You know as soon as that refund clears, it's gonna drop. 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yep .. and don't understand what "Early Access" and "Pre Order" means either 🙄  .. I purchased my pre-order and then just forget about it, I have plenty of modules to fly in the meantime .. the pre-order will arrive when it's ready and I really don't care how long it takes.

Yeah...same here.  I pre-purchased and forgot.  In fact, I went to go pre-purchase it AGAIN because I forgot I already did.  Plenty of other crates to fly before it gets here.

15 hours ago, Grennymaster said:

Guys im Waiting for over 20 Years for an better Apache Sim, since Janes Longbow. Calm down...

Ahaha! 20 years. 🙂 I've been waiting since 2009 (when I've met with Blackshark).

13 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

...I purchased my pre-order and then just forget about it, I have plenty of modules to fly in the meantime...

I agree! Definitely this is what I do. ✌️

• Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

13 hours ago, Teeps said:

I think most people don't understand the realities of developing high complexity software these days.

They should read the real manual and they will realize how much this module can be complex to program.

In the mean time, I was suspecting that ED is working on other things to enhance the experience with the Apache, like the FLIR (we saw that on screenshots recently), but also infantery movement, etc

That could explain in part the delay. And that a quite a good idea.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

vor einer Stunde schrieb Devrim:

Ahaha! 20 years. 🙂 I've been waiting since 2009 (when I've met with Blackshark).

I agree! Definitely this is what I do. ✌️

Janes Longbow was released in 1996 till now its 26 Years. so yes im waiting over 20 years. Im also flying DCS since the first module, but the topic is Apache not the Black shark.

I will put it in a simple way. Its better to be patient and have a nice surprise, than have high and made up expectations generated by the hype train. 

To elaborate, it all boils down to personal perception and after considering all pros and cons, answering one simple question: Do I want to get a EA module now?

Early Access in gaming industry is nothing new, and I think most people should be aware by now of what pros and cons it has. Its up to themselves to decide, if they want to spend money on it, or wait till it meets their expectations.

I myself bought the AH-64D already. Because of the following factors:

1. Its something I was waiting for a long time

2. I am a rotorhead

3. I am fully aware that development takes time, so even after the AH-64D will be available for flight, there will be things still to be implemented.

4. In my eyes DCS provides top-notch quality modules, that get completed eventually. So waiting an additional few months, or even a year does not bother me in any way, because i know i will get high quality stuff in the end. 

5. I like watching how new things are being fixed/implemented, new missions and campaigns are added, and thus new experiences are being provided.

6. Patience always payed off in DCS for me, as it does by flying helicopters.

For me, its the road that matters. The end goal is there, so that after reaching it, you can make a new one. 

Just my opinion on the topic and how I approach such things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Mr.Scar said:

I will put it in a simple way. Its better to be patient and have a nice surprise, than have high and made up expectations generated by the hype train. 

To elaborate, it all boils down to personal perception and after considering all pros and cons, answering one simple question: Do I want to get a EA module now?

Early Access in gaming industry is nothing new, and I think most people should be aware by now of what pros and cons it has. Its up to themselves to decide, if they want to spend money on it, or wait till it meets their expectations.

2. I am a rotorhead

3. I am fully aware that development takes time, so even after the AH-64D will be available for flight, there will be things still to be implemented.

4. In my eyes DCS provides top-notch quality modules, that get completed eventually. So waiting an additional few months, or even a year does not bother me in any way, because i know i will get high quality stuff in the end. 

5. I like watching how new things are being fixed/implemented, new missions and campaigns are added, and thus new experiences are being provided.

For me, its the road that matters. The end goal is there, so that after reaching it, you can make a new one. 

👍 +100.000

• Thanks 2

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

1 hour ago, Mr.Scar said:

2. I am a rotorhead

Well said. 👍 Nothing to add here. I always wondered, how people that impatient manage to properly fly a helicopter in the first place! 😅

Edited by Hiob
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mr.Scar:

2. I am a rotorhead

7. I have a limited set of features to learn at EA start and get new ones over an extended period of time. So I don't get overwhelmed by the full complexity of a module and don't need to figure out myself what to learn first. Just learn stuff as it gets released 😉 

• Thanks 1

Better to wait for higher quality than get an instant satisfaction of a release, only to be disappointed with the state of readiness. Within reason, take the time necessary ED. Given the fact that pre purchase was offered, it's likely the extra wait will not be extensive. 

S!

Joker

My guess is that early access will release on February 18th, 2022.  

The reason for my prediction is that ED knows how special I am, and since it's my bday on that day, they decided to make me feel that specialness. 🙂

Thanks guys!  

• Like 2

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

13 minutes ago, Madman777 said:

My guess is that early access will release on February 18th, 2022.  

The reason for my prediction is that ED knows how special I am, and since it's my bday on that day, they decided to make me feel that specialness. 🙂

Thanks guys!  

Close but I'd say February 15th as a love gift...😍

Though saying that imagine it, all the excuses why you can't take partners out for a nice meal...😆

• Like 1

I place a bet on the 25th, seems to me realistic to finish what they are doing and test as much as they can. 

For fun only!

Edited by vctpil

As soon as we see either the 'Introduction' video or cold start video, then you'll know it's close. Until they appear, it's impossible to say, so no use worrying really.

Those will be some of the most anticipated 'Hey everyone, Wags here from Eagle Dynamics' DCS has ever seen.

Side note to ED - release merchandise with that slogan on it. I'd buy it.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

23 hours ago, Sr. said:

You know as soon as that refund clears, it's gonna drop. 🙂

yeah, always the way aint it, guessing im gonna stick with it for a while 😉

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

the first time I encountered DCS was the alpha of the A-10C what 8-9yrs ago now. Within I swear minutes my thoughts were drawn to an Apache study sim...

You take as long as you need, that's fine by me I trust DCS to deliver, and its fine by me when it comes and that its not complete when I get that first flight.

Apache EA in Q2/Q3 works for me if you need that time & space.

• Like 3

Been waiting 20 years for another Longbow, a few months no big deal.  Prepurchased for the discount then forgot about it for now and enjoying my Hornet.   People complaing, OMG get a grip.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Madman777:

My guess is that early access will release on February 18th, 2022

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Georgio:

Close but I'd say February 15th as a love gift...😍

vor 5 Stunden schrieb vctpil:

I place a bet on the 25th, ...

My bet:

22.02.2022 at 22:02:20.22 ... 😛

• Like 3