Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

11 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

I love the anger the delay has caused, it comes from true enthusiasm for our DCS Apache AH-64D.

2013 is when I think I joined DCS, and the Kamov KA-50 was the hook ED used to reel me in. 

I love the KA-50, I think the USSR's design brief to Kamov, which was to beat the Apache A, resulted in a very special machine that will always live in DCS! It does need to eventually have the president S.... but anyhoo!

9 years later and finally.. an Apache AH-64D is on my doorstep. The other guys that are ok with the delay are probably like me.... they know what ED is like, we are relaxed, "It will be so" is the mantra for us old timers.

But it is coming... I am truly looking forward to the monocle sight over the right eye in VR, Overlayed target images projected directly to my right eye. A broad sweeping area denial 30mm cannon with very effective fragmentation dispersion..... FLIR...... FLIR.... in a chopper!

Looking forward to sitting in the 3D pit and just drooling.... i got no problem with the disappointment felt in the delay with some DCS chopper pilots.

I hope she will not disappoint, I so looked forward to the F-16, but man what a boring aircraft to fly.... Great Fighter, but Pure fly by wire! 

Office management springs to mind with the F-16, probably the F-18 too...... I spent very little time in both!

I think i can almost say the same. Thanks to the Su-25, Harrier and A-10 i have discovered that i absolutely love ground pounding. But i was missing something... I dont know exactly why, but something told me to focus more on helos, and i did my research, focused on the Huey for training, and boy oh boy... how it clicked. Then i tried out the Black Shark, started re-learning it and i was sucked in for good. At that point I knew a helicopter is what i wanted. 

Its kind of funny when i recall it now, because before i discovered that helos are the thing for me, i was jumping around like crazy between different jets, but only the Harrier and Hog had those quirks that kept me longer with them. It was all much more personal, and with the Huey/KA-50 it was even more personal. 

The thing about helicopters that attracts me the most is that, no matter if its bare bones, or some advanced machine with flight stabilization, it always provides hands on flying experience. And now that the AH-64D Apache is coming, I expect the flight experience will be similar to the Black Shark but with a lot more toys to play with. 

I simply like the idea of getting up close and personal in a Helo. You see ground troops, you help them out, you are there when they need you and you can see all that. It provides a certain level of satisfaction that i was not able to find when flying fast movers. Where a jet is a assault rifle, the AH-64D is a shotgun. And i love shotguns...

• Like 4

Don't forget, that helicopter flying is much more visually rewarding, too. Low and slow is when the beautiful maps (Syria!) really shine. Even the caucasus has something to offer. When flying a jet, even a "slow" ground pounder, you very seldom come close enough to appreciate the details.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Don't forget, that helicopter flying is much more visually rewarding, too. Low and slow is when the beautiful maps (Syria!) really shine. Even the caucasus has something to offer. When flying a jet, even a "slow" ground pounder, you very seldom come close enough to appreciate the details.

Exactly. Thats why i think the Apache is worth the wait 🙂

• ED Team

Posts merged. 

We will share more news soon. 

thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What I mean is basically a list where stated what's done and what not, now, with a month into the year and another delay, especially for the ones of us who already paid for this, this was a great thing to see your progress with this and most of us, me included, saw what needed to be worked on and we understood. Now there's another delay, the third, and I think all of us hyped people out there would be happy about an update to see what's done and how the work's going. 

Edited by BenArchangel
Typos
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BenArchangel said:

all of us hyped people out there would be happy about an update to see what's done and how the work's going

But what practical benefit such an update provides?  the Module won't arrive any sooner and producing status updates requires effort that could be spent on actually important items.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, BenArchangel said:

especially for the ones of us who already paid for this, this was a great thing to see your progress with this

Practical? None. But it was a great way to see what they did with our money and how the development went

"With our money"... It sounds rude a little bit in my ears, mate. Sorry.

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

10 minutes ago, Devrim said:

"With our money"... It sounds rude a little bit in my ears, mate. Sorry.

When you're saying it like this it does indeed sound a bit rude. However, it isn't meant this way. It's more meant that I'm a little bit disappointed with their EA-stategy to this point. I'm looking at Multicore, optimization or Vulkan, and some needed module things as well. All we hear is "Dev is currently busy, we'll deliver it when there's a Dev free". I don't wanna drift too far offtopic, but the status update was a good thing of communication to show what's there, what's not and also what's needed. And keep in Mind, I already payed for the Apache for a release last year. That's being said, with my mind on the last status update in that list-format I saw what's missing and I'm happy that they decided to move the release, but in generall you hear less and less of the Apache or the progress. 
Before now continuing to write an essay I just say that I'm sorry if anyone else perceived this as rude and let me tell you that I didn't mean it this way. And if anyone else got offended by this, I am sorry for that. This wasn't my intention. But I get what you're saying. But you probably (hopefully) get what I'm saying as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would hope for better communication all around.  It would help in many ways.

• Like 2

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

On 2/4/2022 at 6:35 AM, Mr.Scar said:

I think i can almost say the same. Thanks to the Su-25, Harrier and A-10 i have discovered that i absolutely love ground pounding. But i was missing something... I dont know exactly why, but something told me to focus more on helos, and i did my research, focused on the Huey for training, and boy oh boy... how it clicked. Then i tried out the Black Shark, started re-learning it and i was sucked in for good. At that point I knew a helicopter is what i wanted. 

Its kind of funny when i recall it now, because before i discovered that helos are the thing for me, i was jumping around like crazy between different jets, but only the Harrier and Hog had those quirks that kept me longer with them. It was all much more personal, and with the Huey/KA-50 it was even more personal. 

The thing about helicopters that attracts me the most is that, no matter if its bare bones, or some advanced machine with flight stabilization, it always provides hands on flying experience. And now that the AH-64D Apache is coming, I expect the flight experience will be similar to the Black Shark but with a lot more toys to play with. 

I simply like the idea of getting up close and personal in a Helo. You see ground troops, you help them out, you are there when they need you and you can see all that. It provides a certain level of satisfaction that i was not able to find when flying fast movers. Where a jet is a assault rifle, the AH-64D is a shotgun. And i love shotguns...

I agree,

In an Attack chopper (low and fast) it is not just getting to the destination or attack point, but the journey getting there that always lasts in my memory.

Its all fantastic!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

2022/1/26 PM9点32分,AlphaOneSix说:

The lesson here, which should have already been learned, is:

1: Don't pre-order if you are on a timeline of any kind. If you aren't 100% okay with numerous delays, DO NOT PRE-ORDER.

2: Don't use Miles in pre-order purchases, only use Miles for released products.

Doesn't matter I pre-order it or not, I concern when its released , and being disappointed anyway. nothing change. what different is if I don't pre-order, I miss the discount  ;\

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

With a weekly newsletter, regular mini-updates (not specifically for the Apache, but overall) and helpful and active community managers, I'd say ED is already quite open in their communication and news sharing. Personally I do not know of any other game/sim with so many progress updates. (then again, its only fair to say that I don't do much gaming other than DCS 😉)

As @Rudel_chw already said, what good would managing a status list do? Vulkan, Apache, or any other feature to-do list, would say nothing about overal progress or a potential release date, as we won't know how long the development of each individual point will take. ED really won't release the Apache (or Vulkan) any sooner because some think the remaining items on the to do list are not important for EA. Cheesy as it is and it may sound trite, but "it'll only be released when ED says it's ready for EA". As for Vulkan; so many people as screaming for an update, but how many would actually understand the technical status of ED's work if they were to share it (which they don't have to), I know I probably wouldn't.

I know you're asking from a good heart, but the moment you say you "payed for a release last year", you can expect some resistance from those (most?) of us here that also payed for EA, but are just waiting silently and patiently. Perhaps you're relatively new here and couldn't know, but Early Access module dates for DCS are always subject to change. Sorry if I come off as rude or snarky in my reaction, that isn't my intention.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

While I get where you're coming from, and I myself also am eager for every uppdate I can get my hands on, I think there is no such update needed yet. The Apache is due to release in less than two months, and this sort of list imo makes more sense as a quarterly update. And in that sense there are other modules I'd rather see such an update for :). If the Apache is postponed again however another list is definitley needed.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Seabiscuit1985:

How can we be so sure that it's not the sign of another delay?😛

We can't. But it doesn't change anything. It drops when it drops.

The frequency of the upcoming mini-updates is probably the best indicator:

We will most likely see TADS part 2, Gun, Rocket and Laser Hellfire mini-updates before the cold start. During the Hind release, we had roughly 1 or 2 per week.

However, the cold-start came before the weapons, but I doubt that they will give us an attack helicopter without any clue how to blow things up.

Here is a link to the Hind mini updates:

Just look at the dates and topics and you have a rough idea when it might drop if you consider Wags comment.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Planned for release before the end of Q1 2022. If that changes we would let you all know. 

Testing and development is going well. 

thanks 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Viper ZA:

Wouldn't it be cool if the Kiowa release at the same time or sooner. They will work hand in hand on the battlefield.......Well they do in real life, just not sure of DCS.

would be cool to get groups together 🙂 Fire Birds incoming 🙂

sadly the Kiowa is out of service since 2018. BUT DCS AH 64 is in the Kiowa Aera 🙂

man many many many many many hours will go into AH64 and Kiowa 🙂

3 hours ago, Viper ZA said:

Wouldn't it be cool if the Kiowa release at the same time or sooner. They will work hand in hand on the battlefield.......Well they do in real life, just not sure of DCS.

Well, we just got an awesome BlackHawk mod that will fit nicely along too 😉