Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

Dear, @Wags. Long time listener, first time caller. I saw that you happen to use the exact same stick (Constellation) and Throttle (CM3) as I do and will be using initially for the AH-64D. Any chance you might be willing to share your key bindings/config for the AH-64D at some point when it's closer to time for early access release? 😁 🙏 

Thanks, so much. 

• Like 1

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11

On 12/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, Mad_Shell said:

I hope you are a good learner, the AH-64D is a flying computer

It will be alot easier to deploy as a weapons platform than, say, the Hornet, because there are far fewer weapons to know...I constantly forget how to use a given weapon in the Hornet, whereas in the Longbow there will be only 4.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:18 AM, BIGNEWY said:

please all take a deep breath and relax. 

thanks

I did but didnt help:  first hardcore Longbow since Janes circa 1998.  Let's Goooooooooooooooo!

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

23 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

I did but didnt help:  first hardcore Longbow since Janes circa 1998.  Let's Goooooooooooooooo!

well not totally acurate there is a full fidelity MOD in Arma 3 but i DO AGREE with you out side of that! and hadnt thought much bout it till now. OH and DCS is the first to be super hardcore A-6E flight sim to acurately the same feeling as the apache. We have a great plethura of new airframes coming and thanks for everyones hard work 

ATRUE Flight Sim Fan

Dear development team,
is there a foreseeable delivery date at this point in time?
I know that such a complex flight model needs time if it is to be good and delivered without errors.
Since the development stage is now entering the final phase, I would like to know if there is already a definite delivery date from your side.
With kind regards
Michael Bauknecht

12 minutes ago, Mick0815 said:

I would like to know if there is already a definite delivery date from your side.

Short answer: No, there is no definite date.

We have been told (in another thread) they are aiming for the end of February - but don't be shocked if it gets pushed back a few more weeks after that.

It is highly unlikely we will get a concrete date until very shortly before release. Consider it a pleasant surprise.

• Thanks 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Fair question OP. In my view, there's nothing stopping ED from stating a better guidance on the release date expectation. (Fact is, they are damned if they do and damned of they don't). we the community will feedback all responses either way!

I'm personally OK with waiting longer (you milage may vary of course) if it means a higher quality initial release. There are modules released already (years ago) with unresolved issues which is very frustating. Anything to avoid adding to this list by ED is certaintly the way to go.  For the cost of some additional weeks waiting, this seems to me to be a worthwhile trade.

S!

• Wags changed the title to AH-64D Release News
vor 23 Stunden schrieb LooseSeal:

Short answer: No, there is no definite date.

We have been told (in another thread) they are aiming for the end of February - but don't be shocked if it gets pushed back a few more weeks after that.

With the recent chain gun mini-update, I am quite optimistic, that we might see it in the remaining 2 weeks of this month. Since the 28th is a Monday and a patch on Monday is rather unusal (IIRC), it might also be the 1th or 2th of March, but I guess we are finally in the 2 weeks time frame.

(This is pure speculation of mine based on personal assumptions and the info we have 😉)

6 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

With the recent chain gun mini-update, I am quite optimistic, that we might see it in the remaining 2 weeks of this month. Since the 28th is a Monday and a patch on Monday is rather unusal (IIRC), it might also be the 1th or 2th of March, but I guess we are finally in the 2 weeks time frame.

(This is pure speculation of mine based on personal assumptions and the info we have 😉)

When the cold start videos show up, then I’m gonna assume they’re close.

By my count, we still have:

1. Rockets

2. Laser hellfires

3. Attitude, altitude, and heading hold modes

4. Cold start

5. George AI

There may be some videos I'm forgetting, but those are off the top of my head. Assuming a February 25 release date, Wags can release one video every other day and still make the deadline. That's what I'm hoping for, but also trying not to hold my breath.

I got a feeling that the release date is closing, within two weeks, I'm thinking that if we can have the manual to learn,

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

Here's a twist.

The Apache is long ready to go - BUT the EA Release Video is meant to be nominated for the Oscars - and therefore need another 6-8 weeks of polishing. 😄😇

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 48 Minuten schrieb 1stBEAST:

Keine Beschreibung verfügbar.

Well, for a release in February its 1 Video every 2 days... (under the assumption that the cold start video will be the last before the release)

If Wags manages that, I will sponsor the team a 10l beer keg. 🙂 

Edited by Wychmaster

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Wychmaster:

Well, for a release in February its 1 Video every 2 days... (under the assumption that the cold start video will be the last before the release)

If Wags manages that, I will sponsor the team a 10l beer keg. 🙂 

Well I will Add another 10l on that 👍🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:41 AM, Mick0815 said:

such a complex flight model needs time if it is to be good and delivered without errors.

This is only the early access release sir...  If you want something "without errors" you might choose to wait for the actual release of the module probably a year or so from now.  

Early access doesn't mean "Hey...  if we finish it early then we'll let all the folks who paid already have it before the others..."

It means you have access at some point BEFORE it is FINISHED.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Wags a few days ago in a post he said that he was confident in the release by the end of February, in case he would have communicated variants ... and then it has widened vaguely "by the end of Q1" and already here quietly he writes before the end of March ... crafty.

how the hell did they announce it ready for December? if they then postponed it for at least another three months ... maybe maybe to take advantage of the Christmas period ..?

I love their simulator but honestly in terms of communication every time they always do the crafty..this regardless of waiting for the release of a new aircraft or not, you know what a problem ....... but oer me it is a question of communicative correctness in those who, in any case, trust a company and trust what they say ...

never trust who has to earn ... I think so ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 34 Minuten schrieb giullep:

Wags a few days ago in a post he said that he was confident in the release by the end of February, in case he would have communicated variants ... and then it has widened vaguely "by the end of Q1" and already here quietly he writes before the end of March ... crafty.

how the hell did they announce it ready for December? if they then postponed it for at least another three months ... maybe maybe to take advantage of the Christmas period ..?

I love their simulator but honestly in terms of communication every time they always do the crafty..this regardless of waiting for the release of a new aircraft or not, you know what a problem ....... but oer me it is a question of communicative correctness in those who, in any case, trust a company and trust what they say ...

never trust who has to earn ... I think so ...

Well it’s just some more weeks if they don’t make it into February where I really don’t see them today. My guess is mid end of March. I see where you coming from and heading to. But it is what it is today. Better a well tested module with not so many bugs than one which can’t takeoff. It’s probably the most complex module they ever has released. So I’m fine with some more weeks. They try to make it into February but that’s probably not gone happening…. But that’s just pure speculation from my side.

Edited by NG91

They try to make it into February but that’s probably not gone happening…

According to the latest mini-update, it very much isn't going to happen:

We are still on track for an Early Access release before the end of March 2022.

Which sounds like it might even be later if need be.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Where I get a bit of frustration with ED date management / communication is that by this point, good project management practices would tell you that if the product is in a "launch-ready" state, that gives you about 10 days to test for issues and still make the end of Feb, so if it isn't "launch-ready" by now, it ain't happening in Feb and you could safely communicate to everyone that February isn't going to happen, or if it is ready you could announce "we're launching on Feb XX unless there is a big issue in the next week of testing". Instead, the message will continue to be "we're aiming for Feb but saying Q1" right up until February 28th, much like happened with the last delay. Like Vonnegut said, "so it goes."