Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

1 hour ago, giullep said:

Wags a few days ago in a post he said that he was confident in the release by the end of February, in case he would have communicated variants ... and then it has widened vaguely "by the end of Q1" and already here quietly he writes before the end of March ... crafty.

how the hell did they announce it ready for December? if they then postponed it for at least another three months ... maybe maybe to take advantage of the Christmas period ..?

I love their simulator but honestly in terms of communication every time they always do the crafty..this regardless of waiting for the release of a new aircraft or not, you know what a problem ....... but oer me it is a question of communicative correctness in those who, in any case, trust a company and trust what they say ...

never trust who has to earn ... I think so ...

Exactly.  December.  January.  February.  March.  Happy to take your money last October though, while posting lots of videos and touting how great and fast development is going, and forecasting a December release that obviously was NEVER EVER going to happen.  I have a vote, with my $$$.  I have at least 10 modules I have purchased that I wasn't really interested in, but I bought them to support ED.  I have pre-ordered every module I think.  No more.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

This entire "release" has been rather disappointing in a completely different way than the F-16 (which I actually enjoyed that more personally). And next we'll see all of the DCS youtube fan boys flying around before all the other paying customers get to. 🙄

Edited by MasterZ
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, MasterZ said:

This entire "release" has been rather disappointing in a completely different way than the F-16 (which I actually enjoyed that more personally). And next we'll see all of the DCS youtube fan boys flying around before all the other paying customers get to. 🙄

I'd think that Closed Beta comes with a NDA to kinda prevent all of us being annoyed by the "1337 Ub3R U2Br" pavaning around...

But as many mentions, the AH64D release have somewhat been frustrating, push back over push back. Yeah i get it, COVID etc, etc, etc. I dont blame ED, but kinda feel disappointed. #F18Memories...

Edited by hotrod525

32 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Exactly.  December.  January.  February.  March.  Happy to take your money last October though, while posting lots of videos and touting how great and fast development is going, and forecasting a December release that obviously was NEVER EVER going to happen.  I have a vote, with my $$$.  I have at least 10 modules I have purchased that I wasn't really interested in, but I bought them to support ED.  I have pre-ordered every module I think.  No more.  

Exactly, 

It has become extremely frustrating. I dont know whats worse, constant pushing of the release date or the fact that every time another release date is comig they start the hype again and again - wags releasing video or two to convince everyone that this time its really coming. Just to make those who wait for the near end of pre order pay? I dont know and to be honest I stopped caring...

• Like 3

Where's all this February talk coming from??? They delayed it from "January 2022" straight to "Q1 2022", so not sure why everyone is suprised now that Wags talks about March??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

, but I bought them to support ED. 

This is so beta... waving whole this "i support devs" thing like a badge of honour is beta even more. I nearly never pay for something that is not available the same moment i payed for it (ok AH-64 is an exception here, because they've built trust in my eyes through those years, and more importantly bcs of preorder discount, it was pure calculation on my side). They don't need "support", no company needs that kind of support (except some indie one-man studios with some brilliant idea) serious business doesnt work like that, they need money spent by gamers for a product they deliver. This kind of "i support devs" behavior is what spoils whole industry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb QuiGon:

Where's all this February talk coming from??? They delayed it from "January 2022" straight to "Q1 2022", so not sure why everyone is suprised now that Wags talks about March??

I guess from here:

People who can't wait to have this module probably are grasping at every straw they get.

Personally, I'm not in a particular hurry, as there most likely won't be any content beyond basic training missions anyway, for quite some time I assume. I'm SP only.

My advice: hope for the best, plan for the worst. 😉 

Edited by Jayhawk1971

• ED Team
3 hours ago, giullep said:

Wags a few days ago in a post he said that he was confident in the release by the end of February, in case he would have communicated variants ... and then it has widened vaguely "by the end of Q1" and already here quietly he writes before the end of March ... crafty.

how the hell did they announce it ready for December? if they then postponed it for at least another three months ... maybe maybe to take advantage of the Christmas period ..?

I love their simulator but honestly in terms of communication every time they always do the crafty..this regardless of waiting for the release of a new aircraft or not, you know what a problem ....... but oer me it is a question of communicative correctness in those who, in any case, trust a company and trust what they say ...

never trust who has to earn ... I think so ...

Can you please provide a link? I don't recall ever making such a statement a few days ago.

Rather, for some time I have been messaging by the end of Q1 2022. This provides us some buffer, that we hope we do not need to use.

We sincerely apologize about the delays, and we understand your frustration, particularly for those that pre-ordered. We can only provide our best estimates at the time, which sadly has changed much more than we had wanted due to team health and technical challenges.

Kind regards,

Wags

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

25 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Personally, I'm not in a particular hurry, as there most likely won't be any content beyond basic training missions anyway, for quite some time I assume. I'm SP only.

Have you looked in the user files? There is plenty of community made content. I‘m sure it won’t take long until creators deliver single player missions and campaigns.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

27 minutes ago, q800 said:

They don't need "support", no company needs that kind of support

I believe you are wrong here … you seem to forget that this is a niche product, with a pretty small computer gaming market share … what would you do if instead of Nick Grey a more pragmatic CEO would say "I’m fed up with all the whining, lets focus on military contracts only and ditch the gaming side of the business" ?

What other air combat sim would you turnt to? Il-2 and their warbirds? Msfs and their non-combat environment? 
so, i will keep supporting ED, it’s for my own benefit  🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

21 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Not really, in January, they said its gonna get pushed to end of february, after that they renamed this thread end of q1. But still they kept repeating they aim to the end of february. Then they give us another uodate that they achived another milestone and they are like 170% sure theyre gonna make the end of q1. Its like they making fun of us. But as I said I dont care at this point anymore....

• Like 2

25 minuti fa, Wags ha scritto:

Can you please provide a link? I don't recall ever making such a statement a few days ago.

Rather, for some time I have been messaging by the end of Q1 2022. This provides us some buffer, that we hope we do not need to use.

We sincerely apologize about the delays, and we understand your frustration, particularly for those that pre-ordered. We can only provide our best estimates at the time, which sadly has changed much more than we had wanted due to team health and technical challenges.

Kind regards,

Wags

Sorry was Bignewy not you, my fault!

Il 28/1/2022 at 20:31,  BioZ ha scritto: 

@BIGNEWY Now that the release date on steam has been pushed to the 31st of March which is the last day of 2022 Q1. Would you be able to confirm that this is the new PLANNEDrelease date or is it a placeholder?  

Is there any hope for the module to come out in February as been stated before?

Steam date is always a placeholder date. 

Plan is for the end of February / Q1, work is going well, if anything changes we would let you all know.  

Posts merged

1 hour ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

The AH-64 is a popular aircraft. Right now, I am certain there are hundreds of missions for SP and MP that are using Ka-50 as a stand in, waiting for the AH-64 to hit so mission creators can remove and replace. I'd be willing to bet within the first few hours of release there will be user missions available for it.

Early access went from officially stated as planned/hoped for in December, to by end of Q1. End of Q1 is end of March. 

February has been mentioned, but as a hopeful within the Q1 time frame, but there hasnt been an additional delay yet beyond the push from Dec to by end of Q1.

It could be a lot worse. Another certain game has been *in*  early access for 10 years now.

Missing the first public guess to make it to *early access* release by a few months is a pretty dang successful caveated guesstimate in the dev world (imo). 

If we're still waiting for it to come to early access in December, then I might start to be a bit impatient 😅 

While I can appreciate the perspective, I'm not sussed over a few month delay before I can start playing -- what will still be -- an unfinished and in-development product when it hits EA. 

• Like 1

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11

My stupid NTTR convoy intercept mission has both fixed wings and helos as flyable. AH-64D will be added once it is available.

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

11 hours ago, Jaakov said:

Not really, in January, they said its gonna get pushed to end of february, after that they renamed this thread end of q1. But still they kept repeating they aim to the end of february. Then they give us another uodate that they achived another milestone and they are like 170% sure theyre gonna make the end of q1. Its like they making fun of us. But as I said I dont care at this point anymore....

Since the January plan got delayed, ED said "Q1 with the hope of making it in February".
Q1 ends at the end of March and it's not ED's fault if you mistake the "hope" to release it earlier as a promise... :doh:

See here:

12 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I guess from here:

People who can't wait to have this module probably are grasping at every straw they get.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 7

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Progress is going pretty well, people are hugely impatient. 

The only thing that is worrying is the state of the AI as the Copilot\Gunner. I hope they do a contextual menu like Heatblur have done, there are too many things going on that won't allow a rudimentary "Petrovich" like AI to work properly. A contextual AI menu would simulate crew communication, would allow much fewer keybinds, and and would alleviate a lot of handholding that the pilot would need to do to make the AI frontseater "work" properly. 

I know that many who post here people don't really care about this feature, but please remember that most of the people who play DCS play in single-player and they need to get this feature right or there will be a lot more crying in the forums. So please everyone, be patient. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 7

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Lurker:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Progress is going pretty well, people are hugely impatient. 

The only thing that is worrying is the state of the AI as the Copilot\Gunner. I hope they do a contextual menu like Heatblur have done, there are too many things going on that will allow a rudimentory "Petrovich" like AI to work properly. A contextual AI menu would simulate crew communication, would allow much fewer keybinds, and and would alleviate a lot of handholding that the pilot would need to do to make the AI frontseater "work" properly. 

I know that many who post here people don't really care about this feature, but please remember that most of the people who play DCS play in single-player and they need to get this feature right or there will be a lot more crying in the forums. So please everyone, be patient. 

Totally agree with your concerns. Read somewhere it will be like petrovich but better what ever that means. Heatblur solution is so much better than the one from petrovich. Let’s see what wags will show us in his planned George AI video. But I’m a little bit concerned that single players left a little bit behind in terms of AI handling. 

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

I would have a question about how the correct numbers look exactly?
at the present time are ~1400 players in the DCS MP Online.
Steamcharts says a total of 1100.

how many use then just active the standalone?

At this point, there should be at least ~3,000 people in Singelplayer?

And my opinion about the AI control.

For the Mi24, this is still perfectly fine, you have enough keys free.

In Apache, every free key is worth its weight in gold, so here it must be like in the F14, 1 key to call up the menus and that's it.🙂

Edited by Hobel

Good work takes time. That’s not only true for devs.
*Shrugs and goes improving his hovering skills in the Huey*

• Like 1

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

On 2/17/2022 at 12:03 AM, Wags said:

We can only provide our best estimates at the time, which sadly has changed much more than we had wanted due to team health and technical challenges.

Kind regards,

Wags

Can you provide your best estimate of the end of EA of this product :

- hornet

- viper

- supercarrier

- A10C nr2

- mi24

Or when do you expect to finish any product ?