Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

For me personally, it is like being 5-years old again on Christmas eve, full of excitement and anticipation for Christmas day. Yet come midnight its Ground Hog day, and I'm back to the morning of Christmas Eve again. It's not long to go before release, sit back and chill. Or if you like puzzles, try and figure out how you're going to map all those necessary commands onto to those few buttons on the joystick 😜

• Like 1

Casmo talks about him being George? Now that's interesting. He seems to have bound a keybind for AI Menu, so that's some good news too, must mean that the AI menu is at least a little bit contextual, although he talks about using his keyboard with it, which is not really encouraging for us VR players. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

53 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Casmo talks about him being George? Now that's interesting. He seems to have bound a keybind for AI Menu, so that's some good news too, must mean that the AI menu is at least a little bit contextual, although he talks about using his keyboard with it, which is not really encouraging for us VR players. 

Not sure why you think George would be any more contextual than Petrovich, who also needs keybinds. :huh:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

24 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Not sure why you think George would be any more contextual than Petrovich, who also needs keybinds. :huh:

Have you played Heatblur's F14? I don't think he will be, I just hope he will be. For Petrovich you basically tell him where to look and shoot. That's it. With George in the Apache, this will not work well at all. I mean if you're going to be micromanaging him the way you need to micromanage Petrovich, you might as well jump in the front cockpit and do everything yourself. 

What makes me think that Eagle Dynamics is going in this way is Casmo's keybind video which just came out today, he mentions a signle keybind for the George menu, which makes me hope I'm right and that it is a contextual menu similar to the one that Heatblur uses for Jester. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Have you played Heatblur's F14? I don't think he will be, I just hope he will be. For Petrovich you basically tell him where to look and shoot. That's it. With George in the Apache, this will not work well at all. I mean if you're going to be micromanaging him the way you need to micromanage Petrovich, you might as well jump in the front cockpit and do everything yourself. 

What makes me think that Eagle Dynamics is going in this way is Casmo's keybind video which just came out today, he mentions a signle keybind for the George menu, which makes me hope I'm right and that it is a contextual menu similar to the one that Heatblur uses for Jester. 

I'm flying the F-14 as well as the Hind and I've also seen Casmo's video, so I know what you mean, but I really don't understand how this makes you think that George will be anything like Jester. I'm pretty sure it will just be a slightly beefed up Petrovich.
The fact that Casmo mapped a Keybind for George doesn't mean anything in this regard, as you have such a keybind with Petrovich as well, that opens the Petrovich menu in order to give him specific commands and view his status.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

42 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

I'm flying the F-14 as well as the Hind and I've also seen Casmo's video, so I know what you mean, but I really don't understand how this makes you think that George will be anything like Jester. I'm pretty sure it will just be a slightly beefed up Petrovich.
The fact that Casmo mapped a Keybind for George doesn't mean anything in this regard, as you have such a keybind with Petrovich as well, that opens the Petrovich menu in order to give him specific commands and view his status.

What you are saying makes sense, it's just that I've never thought of Petrovich's menu as a menu really, since you don't ever really see anything on screen and it's just very simple commands that you can issue through it. 

If it indeed turns out that way it's going to be very hard to enjoy the Apache in single-player. Damn, what a bummer ☹️

On 2/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, QuiGon said:

Where's all this February talk coming from??? They delayed it from "January 2022" straight to "Q1 2022", so not sure why everyone is suprised now that Wags talks about March??

Was in the Newsletter

We understand that our decision to delay the early access release is frustrating and disappointing. Please accept our apologies. Our commitment is to deliver this exciting new aircraft to you in the nearest future, hopefully in February.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

1 hour ago, Knock-Knock said:

Was in the Newsletter

This proves only - again - that people just read what they want to read and not what is written....

Edit: Not meant to be negative @Knock-Knock - just quoted you because you provided the source.

nl.jpg

Edited by unknown
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

22 minutes ago, Knock-Knock said:

Was in the Newsletter

As @unknown has pointed out, even the newsletter says "1st quarter of the year" and "hopefully in February".

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/hopefully?q=hopefully

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh man, exactly @unknown The hallmark of humanity these days, to see what we want to see and little else.

I think I am now more looking forward to the release so that this incessant whining about alleged 'delays' and 'lies' can finally stop, than actually getting my virtual hands on the module.

Well not quite, but it's close.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Oh wow. Not attempting to prove anybody wrong here, just pointing out where people got the February 'date' from.
Talk about taking things litterally, geez.

But never mind me, Im out again. Toxic here.

Edited by Knock-Knock
  • Like 4

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

4 minutes ago, Knock-Knock said:

Oh wow. Not attempting to prove anybody wrong here, just pointing out where people got the February 'date' from.
Talk about taking things litterally, geez.

But never mind me, Im out again. Toxic here.

I think you got this the wrong way? I just quoted you because you provided the source - nothing else. 

My post was not intended as something negative against you! English is not my fisrt language, maybe i phrased my post bad....but again, it was not meant to be negative against you, just a generall statement. 🍻

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

20 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

No one that elects to download the beta, incomplete version could complain as they were explicitly aware that the module lacks various features and that glitches and other issues may occur.  

This is already the case with Open Beta and everyone complains all the time.  Speaking of which, you knew the possibilities of delays when you pre-ordered the AH-64D module, yet here you are...complaining.

• Like 4

I have edited the comment to remove errors. 

As a preface, my intention is not to inflame or to upset anyone. Rather, I seek to articulate what myself and many others that would not speak have thought.

So remember my introductory exhortation and do not take any of the the following the "wrong" way. :

I do not know how many of those that are talking about the necessity and the virtue of waiting have already paid for this module.

I paid my money immediately. Neither did I give Eagle Dynamics a notice of my intent to release payment at some indefinite date in exchange for access to the module instead of providing the funds in the beginning, nor would they accept such an offer. 

I do not want to think of how much money that I have sent to ED over the years. 

My position is this: Those that preordered and paid ought to have access to what is available. 

I paid for it, give me access to it. I do not care if it is incomplete, almost all of the modules of DCS are incomplete to some degree. I have been a patron of ED for years and have promoted DCS to many people. Show a little reciprocation and make the beta version available for those that preordered, not just a few people. 

The F/A-18C and the F-16C are incomplete and I enjoy using them regardless. If modules were only made accessible when they were "ready", then many modules that are out now would not be available. 

No one that elects to download the beta, incomplete version could complain as they were explicitly aware that the module lacks various features and that glitches and other issues may occur.  

Regards, 

• Bryce

PS, if you think that waiting is enjoyable and preferable, and if my request for access being given to those that paid was granted, then you would not be forced to download it. You can wait as long as you want.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

I do not know how many of those that are talking about the necessity and the virtue of waiting have already paid for this module.

I have:
wTznUtR.jpg

Don't see what that fact has to do with the rest of your post 🤔

The F/A-18C and the F-16C are incomplete and I enjoy using them regardless.

Are you saying that the Hornet and Viper are on the same state as when they were first released to EA?

You seem like a mature person, why can't you just wait until the Module is released? ... fly something else in the meantime.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The urge for instant gratification sure is a frightful thing.

I just came back from a very, very good restaurant. What can I say, I had to wait for the various dishes because good things take time. But at no point I felt compelled to storm into the kitchen and demand the half prepared dish from the chef. Which is what some people obviously want.

• Like 9

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

As a preface, my intention is not to inflame or to upset anyone. Rather, I seek to articulate what myself and many others that would not speak have thought.

So remember my introductory exhortation and do not take any of the the following the "wrong" way. :

I paid my money immediately. Neither did I give Eagle Dynamics a notice of my intent to release payment at some indefinite date in exchange for access to the module instead of providing the funds in the beginning, nor would they accept such an offer. 

My position is this: Those that preordered and paid ought to have access to what is available. 

I paid for it, give me access to it. I do not care if it is incomplete, almost all of the modules of DCS are incomplete to some degree. I have been a patron of ED for years and have promoted DCS to many people. Show a little reciprocation and make the beta version available for those that preordered, not just a few people. 

The F/A-18C and the F-16C are incomplete and I enjoy using them regardless. If modules were only made accessible when they were "ready", then many modules that are out now would not be available. 

Regards, 

• Bryce

PS, if you think that waiting is enjoyable and preferable, and if my request for access being given to those that paid was granted, then you would not be forced to download it. You can wait as long as you want.

Nothing in Casmo's videos are created from anything he might have access to, he used elements from Wag's videos for his own. Casmo's purpose in having access is to provide professional and experienced feedback as an SME, so the money you spent is that much more worth it when you do get it. The fact that he takes time to expand on Wag's video is a wonderful bonus for all of us.

Thanks.

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I paid for it. ED did not need to wait for my money. 
The customer makes the business possible. As the customer, my desires have value. 

If I was expected to just shut and wait like a good giver of money, then the videos of the module inspire the exact opposite. I would rather never have known that this was being made and then to just be happily surprised one day to see that it is for sale than to be dragged along, teased and disappointed like this. 

Edited by El buscador de la verdad
typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

The customer makes the business possible. As the customer, my desires have value. 

If I was expected to just shut and wait like a good giver of money, than the videos of the module inspire the exact opposite. I would rather never have known that this was being made and then to just be happily surprised one day to see that it is for sale than to be dragged along, teased and disappointed like this. 

15 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

Regards, 

• Bryce

Since you say you’ve been in the dcs community for years, you should know how early access works. When you pay, you still have to wait till they release it. It’s a Preorder and you should know that.

13 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

If I was expected to just shut and wait like a good giver of money, then the videos of the module inspire the exact opposite. I would rather never have known that this was being made and then to just be happily surprised one day to see that it is for sale than to be dragged along, teased and disappointed like this. 

Then I suggest you leave this forum and avoid having to see news of exciting new modules before they‘re released.

Money aside this is plain impolite to the devs and their work. Let me put it like this: I am/was a professional musician. If I haven’t set a definite date for a concert because I’m still practicing you won’t get me to perform. Because I’m not ready. If I’m not content with my performance the music isn’t ready for my audience. And then this is not about having paid money but about manners towards the artist who does his very best. ED devs are artists. Surely they deserve good manners too.

Edited by Archduke

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

Someone made an analogy to food. 
You would not wait for one course for 20 hours, especially if the chef was making videos of him eating spaghetti and inviting others to eat it while you were told to shut up and to wait and that this is just the way that it has been and always will be.

If no one expects differently, then without doubt it will remain this way.

As a side note: How many here that said to wait also demanded that the Ka-50 not have FLIR, RWR or AA missiles, even as new features are mentioned for BS3 that are admitted to be made up? 😁

Anyway, if people are honest, then they will acknowledge that they share my feelings. 

• Like 1