Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

16 minutes ago, Archduke said:

The urge for instant gratification sure is a frightful thing.

I just came back from a very, very good restaurant. What can I say, I had to wait for the various dishes because good things take time. But at no point I felt compelled to storm into the kitchen and demand the half prepared dish from the chef. Which is what some people obviously want.

While I certainly understand the intent, your example isn't very good... A more accurate representation would be paying for the dinner up front a month before the meal, confirmed with a video from the restaurant on YouTube concluding with "2021" in giant white letters with loud music playing. As the reservation date neared, they sent you a communication saying "sorry, we're behind, but we hope to get you in prior to the Christmas holidays / end of the year." As that approached, they sent you another communication stating that they'd now hope to get you in by the end of January. As that date approached, they sent you a slightly more vague communication saying they're still behind, but that they hope to get you in by the end of February, but definitely (hopefully?) by the end of Q1. At the end of February, same process, only the end of Q1 (hopefully?). 

You're right, it definitely doesn't call for storming the kitchen... but you'd likely be a bit annoyed. 🙂

• Like 5

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

Anyway, if people are honest, then they will acknowledge that they share my feelings. 

Yes, most people share your feelings for wanting to play the module as soon as possible, but that doesn't mean they share your demands.  Being honest doesn't equate to agreement.

• Like 5

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
26 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

I paid for it. ED did not need to wait for my money. 
The customer makes the business possible. As the customer, my desires have value. 

If I was expected to just shut and wait like a good giver of money, then the videos of the module inspire the exact opposite. I would rather never have known that this was being made and then to just be happily surprised one day to see that it is for sale than to be dragged along, teased and disappointed like this. 

You may request for a refund, the pre-order is to support us, and to give you a discount on the purchase, if that is not worth the wait, then the best bet is to refund and pay for it in full when it releases. But that is enough on the subject. Thanks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

hace 4 minutos, Raptor9 dijo:

Yes, most people share your feelings for wanting to play the module as soon as possible, but that doesn't mean they share your demands.  Being honest doesn't equate to agreement.

🤔 Perhaps they never considered expressing expectations for access as an option prior to seeing it modelled for them by another. 🤷🏻‍♂️

😁

I paid for it. ED did not need to wait for my money. 
The customer makes the business possible. As the customer, my desires have value. 

If I was expected to just shut and wait like a good giver of money, then the videos of the module inspire the exact opposite. I would rather never have known that this was being made and then to just be happily surprised one day to see that it is for sale than to be dragged along, teased and disappointed like this. 
It's called a PRE-order. PRE! as in PRE-release. If you got instant access to it, it wouldn't be a PRE-order, but just, an order. FFS some of you really are "special".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
Just now, El buscador de la verdad said:

🤔 Perhaps they never considered expressing expectations for access as an option prior to seeing it modelled for them by another. 🤷🏻‍♂️

😁

Sorry you are not happy, but you have expressed your opinion, please dont derail this thread.

Early access is planned for Quarter 1 2022 as was mentioned in the newsletter and the mini updates. 

Im sure once it is here you will enjoy it, if you are not happy please contact support directly. 

thanks

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

You're right, it definitely doesn't call for storming the kitchen... but you'd likely be a bit annoyed. 🙂

Of course I might be annoyed. And I’d say so. But ED have explained the reasons and I’m sure they’re working very hard to get the early access out of the door as soon as possible. So there is a very big difference between voicing some polite discontent at the delay and clamouring for instant release. I can see the flamewars from over here if ED dared to release module into EA that isn’t ready for this.

Anyway I’m outta here. I think it’s a better use of my time to practice my hovering skills in the Huey instead of arguing about this.

Edited by Archduke

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

2 hours ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

Alright, as ye folk were. I have made my thoughts known. 😁

You said that you are a dcs users for many years, yet your account is brand new and this is the only thread you've made ... sorry, but to me that just screams trolling.

Nineline explained very clearly to you, that the YT creator is not using an advance release of this module, yet you refuse to understand.

I will add your fake user to the ignore list, my only regret is that I dont know what is your real user account, to ignore that one too 🤨

So long.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I’m flying the A-10, to get ready for how hard I know it will be and how many hotas commands I will need to remember. It’s gonna be fun when it comes out. The way I figure it, when you see the cold start video, it will be more than likely close to release. I appreciate the hard work and the commitment to getting it right before releasing the product.

hace 2 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

You said that you are a dcs users for many years, yet your account is brand new and this is the only thread you've made ... sorry, but to me that just screams trolling.

Nineline explained very clearly to you, that the YT creator is not using an advance release of this module, yet you refuse to understand.

I will add your fake user to the ignore list, my only regret is that I dont know what is your real user account, to ignore that one too 🤨

So long.

I dropped the issue of the video of the youtuber.

I had not been active on forums or multiplayer, but rather single player. At no point earlier had I perceived a cause to speak up.

hace 1 hora, Iron Sights dijo:

I’m flying the A-10, to get ready for how hard I know it will be and how many hotas commands I will need to remember. It’s gonna be fun when it comes out. The way I figure it, when you see the cold start video, it will be more than likely close to release. I appreciate the hard work and the commitment to getting it right before releasing the product.

One question that arose in my mind is: "What harm does having what is currently completed accessible for people that want to see and to try it?"

vor 5 Stunden schrieb El buscador de la verdad:

One question that arose in my mind is: "What harm does having what is currently completed accessible for people that want to see and to try it?"

You actually can do that with every module wich is out there for 14 days which I never see in any other Sim or game. This is absolutely phenomenal.

Think it like this. This Apache is the most realistic and accurate module we ever had in a Simulation and maybe ever will have. We can be grateful to even get EA when ever it will coming out. Many other devs don’t do that. There are many other sims and aircrafts I would be happy to fly but guess what I have to wait. NO EA. 

15 hours ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

I paid my money immediately. Neither did I give Eagle Dynamics a notice of my intent to release payment at some indefinite date in exchange for access to the module instead of providing the funds in the beginning, nor would they accept such an offer. 

I guess the concept of pre-order is not for you. I think you should have waited until it is released as complete, in maybe two years. Then you will know what you pay for and receive it immediately.

Pre-order is for gamblers who are willing to take a bet on release dates, feature completion, bugs, prestanda issues and what not. So if you want to "give Eagle Dynamics a notice of my intent to release payment at some indefinite date in exchange for access to the module" you simply say "Hey, ED, I´ll buy it when it is released in full." 

A week here, a week there. Man, if exact releasedate is important to you guys - relax and wait. I am pretty sure that ED will give an exact release date some time in 2024 or 2025. 

• Like 3

Don't post much on forums but I purchased the AH64D and after watching MW's videos, it looks very functional and guessing 90% complete. What I beleive annoys a lot of simmers with ED is that they keep pumping out new content and not completing what the started within a reasonable timeframe. 

Should the cycle of a product from pre-purchase to complete take 3-4 years? 

• Like 1

• ED Team

Please do not derail this thread, stick to the topic 

DCS: AH-64D - Release by end of Q1 2022

17 minutes ago, Coco said:

Don't post much on forums but I purchased the AH64D and after watching MW's videos, it looks very functional and guessing 90% complete. What I beleive annoys a lot of simmers with ED is that they keep pumping out new content and not completing what the started within a reasonable timeframe. 

Should the cycle of a product from pre-purchase to complete take 3-4 years? 

We are a step closer now, as Wags has mentioned closed testers currently have access and are testing hard. 

From initial plans to early access is years of work already, but will be worth that wait. 

thank you

• Like 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please do not derail this thread, stick to the topic 
DCS: AH-64D - Release by end of Q1 2022
We are a step closer now, as Wags has mentioned closed testers currently have access and are testing hard. 
From initial plans to early access is years of work already, but will be worth that wait. 
thank you
I feel sorry for you guys, having to repeat yourselves over and over. Just know the silent majority appreciates what you guys bring us every year.

• Like 12

• ED Team
Just now, Dannyvandelft said:

I feel sorry for you guys, having to repeat yourselves over and over. Just know the silent majority appreciates what you guys bring us every year.

Thank you for the support, dont worry in most cases it is only passion for DCS. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you for the support, dont worry in most cases it is only passion for DCS. 

Agreed. We all came from different cultures and beliefs, different countries, different ideas, but we all share the same passion and no one can take it from DCS. Along this years i met awesome people, some became friends, i learned a lot with everyone and helped a lot of people with my experience and everyday i come across people who need help in DCS and i also get help when needed, everyone is willing to help and i think that´s remarkable. I may sometimes get upset like everybody does for some bugs/lack of updates in my beloved Hornet but i always know that sooner or later ED will surprise us again.

I´m not a Heli guy (Hornet lover here) but i´m glad that heli guys get their modules released and keep on fulfiling their  dreams like the Hornet did/does to me.

Keep up @BIGNEWYand team.

Best regards to all from Portugal,

F.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

2 hours ago, FELIX2013BRASIL said:

Tecnicamente o lançamento tem data final de 31 de março 2022.

Tenha paciência Gafanhotos.🇧🇷😀

País irmão 🇵🇹 🙂

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

i have been a patron of DCS since 2011. i have gone through countless computers, video cards, hard drives, controllers, modules, campaigns. i have spent over $750 in the DCS store alone. all to satisfy the habit of DCS. the early release and WIP has been and will be a thing, at least for now. DCS keeps getting better despite the hiccups here and there. you notice i say hiccups. because all these are corrected eventually. my grandfather would have been amazed at video games. he always said to me about other technology. "its amazing it works at all." i play other games for a little while after release but i always come back to my best girl, DCS, even if she is a little crazy sometimes.

• Like 6

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain