Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

54 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

It is these videos exactly that torments me.

In my mind I think, "Stop showing me what I can not have. 
The machine of hype is cruel."
Then, when the intentional hype functions you are scolded for wanting to access the thing that was hyped. 
"Just stop showing us videos of what we can not have. It is better to just be surprised when it comes out one day instead of having us wait in frustration."

I'm grateful for the video's. It gives me a chance to see progress, and to lessen the learning curve as soon as it's released.

I fully get that there are others will not want to view these video's because of various reasons. 

The best part is that those that don't want to view the video's don't have to watch them. They've given us all choice, and from my perspective, giving everyone the ability to choose whether or not they watch the video's is far better than taking that choice away from one group to appease another group. As for hype...  again that's an individual choice. 

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

1. So, the assertion is that the word, "preorder" precludes all possibility for early access and that there is no prior president in other things where those that preordered and pre-paid had early access? 

2. A. If the other guy is not claiming that his position is the universally preferable position and that disagreement with it constitutes error, then is it reasonable to imply such statements when one expreses their disagreement to it? B. Would it not be more reasonable to reciprocate the same consideration that the other party himself extended? 

It’s still in testing. Pre-order customers will get early-access after testing is complete. Expecting ED to release it to customers in an untested state is unreasonable. 

Edited by Cab
  • Like 1

hace 1 hora, Cab dijo:

It’s still in testing. Pre-order customers will get early-access after testing is complete. Expecting ED to release it to customers in an untested state is unreasonable. 

Who is to say that I would not be conducting an assessment and reporting bugs during the time that I used it?

It one any less capable of rendering a form of testing simply because one is not given special blessing?  

Are there no people that would enjoy seeing a version of an earlier point in development out of curiosity and interest in game making, etcetera?

hace 2 horas, Dangerzone dijo:

I'm grateful for the video's. It gives me a chance to see progress, and to lessen the learning curve as soon as it's released.

I fully get that there are others will not want to view these video's because of various reasons. 

The best part is that those that don't want to view the video's don't have to watch them. They've given us all choice, and from my perspective, giving everyone the ability to choose whether or not they watch the video's is far better than taking that choice away from one group to appease another group. As for hype...  again that's an individual choice. 

I advocate allowing people an option, I agree with what you said in regards to this. 

Edited by El buscador de la verdad
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

Who is to say that I would not be conducting an assessment and reporting bugs during the time that I used it?

It one any less capable of rendering a form of testing simply because one is not given special blessing?  

Are there no people that would enjoy seeing a version of an earlier point in development out of curiosity and interest in game making, etcetera?

I advocate allowing people an option, I agree with what you said in regards to this. 

Can you please stop now? When it is ready for release you will get it, but repeatedly asking the same thing over and over after we have answered is not going to change anything.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

Hello all, 

we will have more news today. 

Thanks

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

It is these videos exactly that torments me.

In my mind I think, "Stop showing me what I can not have. 
The machine of hype is cruel."
Then, when the intentional hype functions you are scolded for wanting to access the thing that was hyped. 
"Just stop showing us videos of what we can not have. It is better to just be surprised when it comes out one day instead of having us wait in frustration."

I'm sorry - i feel like that's a personal decision or choice on your part for you to be harboring those feelings that you can't watch a video and be content with the excitement of the coming product and feel like it's cruel you can't play whats in the video.  You've been on the forums for a week or two - if you've followed DCS for any period of time you'll know it'll be here when it is ready. Just enjoy the hype knowing it IS coming...

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hello all, 

we will have more news today. 

Thanks

straight from newsletter... "imminent release"  @BIGNEWY - help us out here!! imminent = "about to happen" LOL 😁

• ED Team
1 hour ago, automag928 said:

I'm sorry - i feel like that's a personal decision or choice on your part for you to be harboring those feelings that you can't watch a video and be content with the excitement of the coming product and feel like it's cruel you can't play whats in the video.  You've been on the forums for a week or two - if you've followed DCS for any period of time you'll know it'll be here when it is ready. Just enjoy the hype knowing it IS coming...

straight from newsletter... "imminent release"  @BIGNEWY - help us out here!! imminent = "about to happen" LOL 😁

I can only say by the end of quarter 1 2022 🙂 

You are going to love it! I know it 🙂

• Like 9

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When you see the posts and responses from @BIGNEWY, you are hearing it from a very reliable source.  I, too, do not like waiting for anticipated releases, but we have until ED says it is ready for Early Access.  Yes, we want instant gratification with the promoted future releases, but we still must wait.  

EA tends to get occasional updates on WIP projects/modules.  Long periods of not much happening for the public facing site of ED.  Then, at the right time, a whole bunch of new planes/modules/choppers are available at once.  

MFT

"imminent" like next week ? Cause this sound like "let's bring the hype to the max" and people are already eager to get their hands on it. Of course you can still argue that Q1 end on March 31, but teasing like this with already several push back would make people not love it so much and you know that lool ! 🙂 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hotrod525 said:

"imminent" like next week ? Cause this sound like "let's bring the hype to the max" and people are already eager to get their hands on it. Of course you can still argue that Q1 end on March 31, but teasing like this with already several push back would make people not love it so much and you know that lool ! 🙂 

I totally have to agree on this point, and I mean it respectfully...But I ask a direct question like, "so does this mean February is off the table?" and rather than a direct answer like, "yes" or "no" or "maybe", I get "before end of Q1 2022".  Then, once I've had to assume based on the ambiguous response that February is off the table, we get something like "release is imminent..."

I am hard pressed to believe that this ambiguity and mixed signalling is anything but purposeful. Why do it? I don't understand it, and on the off chance that it is careless or inadvertent, you should try to do better because you know your passionate fans are going to analyze and parse every single word.

This is said with all due respect and understanding that we are technically owed nothing, but why not just be direct and consistent?

Edited by Jarhead0331

hace 11 horas, automag928 dijo:

I will live*. (* With a voice in my head saying that the KA-50 needs FLIR, radar, RWR, AA ordinance, etc and that I will never be whole until I have a comparable helicopter of attack that has these features ) 😁

I think that February is totally out of the question and suspect that 31 March, 2022, 23:59 will be the exact time of release. 

Edited by El buscador de la verdad
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:47 AM, Mr.Scar said:

Exactly. Thats why i think the Apache is worth the wait 🙂

It is.

I had to take my holidays before my installations began, so unfortunately, no Apache for me during my time off!

I am putting my time into the Harrier and comms for choppers. 

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

It’s March today!

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

It’s March today!

Everyday a step closer. 

• Like 10

What is all this talk about “eminent release” I haven’t seen any indication that release is “eminent” Wags videos haven’t even completed to the cold start video. Looking at the rate Wags releases videos being about one or two a week now, I’d say we are about 2 to 3 weeks before release of the Apache…

Edited by oscar19681
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]