Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

33 minutes ago, oscar19681 said:

What is all this talk about “eminent release” I haven’t seen any indication that release is “eminent” Wags videos haven’t even completed to the cold start video. Looking at the rate Wags releases videos being about one or two a week now, I’d say we are about 2 to 3 weeks before release of the Apache…

Measured against the time it takes to create such a complex module from scratch 2-3 weeks is absolutely „imminent“. Patience is a virtue. 🙂 And I don’t know about you guys but I’ve so much to do jobwise that I simply don’t realise that another week has come and gone…

• Like 2

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

40 minutes ago, oscar19681 said:

What is all this talk about “eminent release” I haven’t seen any indication that release is “eminent” Wags videos haven’t even completed to the cold start video. Looking at the rate Wags releases videos being about one or two a week now, I’d say we are about 2 to 3 weeks before release of the Apache…

I think he mentioned in the comments of his latest video on the hellfires that he still has 3-4 videos to be released. Not sure what that means as far as release date but it doesn’t scream being days away. The module sure is looking great, I can’t wait. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We get one video for AI, one for take off havor, one for defence or something, and one for cold start left.

it seems that Wag takes one or two video a week , so it would be released in two weeks at least, I'm ok to wait,

but I wouldn't say "eminent" if I have to wait two weeks. it only makes people unpatient.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

3 hours ago, Sukhoi1991 said:

We get one video for AI, one for take off havor, one for defence or something, and one for cold start left.

it seems that Wag takes one or two video a week , so it would be released in two weeks at least, I'm ok to wait,

but I wouldn't say "eminent" if I have to wait two weeks. it only makes people unpatient.

Huh! it isn't coming out this Friday??? I'm checking Youtube, Reddit and Discord every hour for the imminent release 😛 

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

8 hours ago, oscar19681 said:

This "immenent" comes from ED themselfes via the last newsletter "....We are overwhelmed with the initial response from the Closed Beta Testing of DCS: AH-64D and it is with great pleasure that we reassure you of its imminent release..."

I'm just stunned how ED extinguish the fire on one side and continue to fuel it up on the other side.....if this module is not released into EA this week i can see the pitchforks and torches on the horizon again. 

I can wait but it seems there are many people who can't and i don't think this "pushing the hype again" after all the drama we had was a good decision if the Apache is not released into EA this week.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

26 minutes ago, Nealius said:

"Imminent" was perhaps a slightly poor choice of words, carrying a meaning of "sooner than 'soon.'"

To be fair, they aren't professional writers, so it's not that big of a deal.  

True, but they have people from all over the world as customers, people whose mother tongue is not english and they are very likely to interpret things different than they were meant.

I'm not different, i would have never used that word on ED's side if this module is not going live this week tbh, thats how i interpret this word considering their newsletter from last friday. I'm not even mad if the Apache is further delayed(past Q1) but i can see the reactions on this forum because of ED's PR....

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I think it´s out this week. Or maybe next. But I´ve got a good feeling. 😄

(No, I will not be disappointed if I am wrong, which I certainly am. I choose optimism in front of pessimism. God knows there are a lot of stuff to be pessimistic about right now)

• Like 2

imminent is like soon or before the end of 1Q.....wags said the release is planned after the cold start video...but before this video there are 2-3 video more..like defence system, George, something else..and then cold start video....(tot 3 or 4)

now, timing is normally 1 video a week...and then 2-3 week...until the end of 1 q (end of march)

byebye

1 hour ago, MstrCmdr said:

New Video up!

This is the one I've been looking forward to. I hope Casmo does a small video explaining what Wags is doing with his feet (or in his case hands) on the pedals, and how it differs from the real helicopter. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is the one I've been looking forward to. I hope Casmo does a small video explaining what Wags is doing with his feet (or in his case hands) on the pedals, and how it differs from the real helicopter. 

Why do you think, the pedals are operated differently to the real helicopter? Or from other DCS-Helicopters for that matter?

Don't get me wrong - perhaps I missed something!

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Skipped the defensive systems and AI vids.....I think jumping to this means it coming out VERY soon!

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

11 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Skipped the defensive systems and AI vids.....I think jumping to this means it coming out VERY soon!

Check the video description, these videos are still planned.

Planned remaining videos:

- Landing

- Controls Setup

- Defensive Systems

- George AI

- Cold Start

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Nick_17:

Check the video description, these videos are still planned.

Planned remaining videos:

- Landing

- Controls Setup

- Defensive Systems

- George AI

- Cold Start

So 2 weeks 😂 

21 minutes ago, Valinor said:

In the last video description it says

"Coming ***by*** March 31, 2022 (Q1 2022)"

Am i understanding english right in saying it means it will be released on march 31?

No, the "by" means that March 31st is the deadline, so to speak. Strictly speaking, "by March 31" could mean anytime from now until March 31. Although realistically we'd need to see the cold start video first.

1 hour ago, AlphaOneSix said:

No, the "by" means that March 31st is the deadline, so to speak. Strictly speaking, "by March 31" could mean anytime from now until March 31. Although realistically we'd need to see the cold start video first.

Oh i see, you are right! Thank you! Either way i got my preorder, it was time ^^