Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

soooo if there is no issues, friday might be the day!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It doesn't have to be "rest of the patch"

they can add a module without a comprehensive patch

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Just now, ebabil said:

It doesn't have to be "rest of the patch"

they can add a module without a comprehensive patch

No, they can’t usually.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

What do you mean by "can't"?

If there is nothing big in the kitchen and if there is a module imminent, do they have to wait to push some features along with the modules?

It is really up to them. Especially for a module this late.

Youtube

Because I bet you a fortune that a complex module like the Apache needs a ton of adjustments in the core game. New FLIR comes to my mind e.g.

Everything interconnects. Therefore you can‘t „just“ release the Apache, without the Software iteration that it was developed in/for.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

12 minutes ago, ebabil said:

What do you mean by "can't"?

If there is nothing big in the kitchen and if there is a module imminent, do they have to wait to push some features along with the modules?

It is really up to them. Especially for a module this late.

Have they ever done that? It's been a month since the last update. I'm pretty sure it's been said that it will be released along with a bunch of other fixes and content.

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

2 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

I know it rains alot in the falkland islands. When the apache is flying in rain, I wonder if the windshield shows the wiper blades actually clearing rain. Time will reveal if this is modeled.

You might be disappointed in how accurate the non wiping wiper blades are. 

Not to be cynical, but what exactly does the "Gold" announcement add? Does this mean it will release Friday? Next Wednesday? By March 31, which we already knew? A few weeks ago the leader of the company said release was "imminent", which in my definition of imminent means it would have already happened, Wags commented that the unreleased George AI & COld Start tutorials wouldn't hold up release of the module, and NineLine said "not coming this week" as well as "I could be wrong"... and anyone wonders why people get frustrated with ED's launch practices?  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

I use DOS BOX. LB GOLD runs like a charm. You need the 1.04F patch though. With 2 x 40 mission SP campaigns and multiple single missions, and AI that just simply works, it's probably a better experience than DCS Apache will be at launch.

Thanks for the info

24 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

anyone wonders why people get frustrated with ED's launch practices

I don't wonder because there are always some people frustrated with some stuff. That's just the way it is. Everywhere.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hiob said:

Because I bet you a fortune that a complex module like the Apache needs a ton of adjustments in the core game. New FLIR comes to my mind e.g.

Everything interconnects. Therefore you can‘t „just“ release the Apache, without the Software iteration that it was developed in/for.

Don't forget the Syria map update is coming with the Apache.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Not to be cynical, but what exactly does the "Gold" announcement add? Does this mean it will release Friday? Next Wednesday? By March 31, which we already knew? A few weeks ago the leader of the company said release was "imminent", which in my definition of imminent means it would have already happened, Wags commented that the unreleased George AI & COld Start tutorials wouldn't hold up release of the module, and NineLine said "not coming this week" as well as "I could be wrong"... and anyone wonders why people get frustrated with ED's launch practices?  

Gold means that they will be doing no more code changes. It's locked, and they're happy to release what they have. The only thing we can be certain of now is that there will not be another push back date, but the "By March 31st" is a solid statement now. 

Given that announcement, I expect they still have to finalise everything else that's required for release logistically and technically. This will most likely include creating a final build along with the rest of the changes into an Open Beta package. Provisioning the website for download (Which I dare say is more involved than just uploading a file), liaising with steam to get the final build available for download there too and doing whatever is required to have it up and running. Updating the store so that it no longer has it available to purchase as early release, probably getting a well deserved good nights rest to be bright and awake when it is released for the flurry of questions that will abound, and then when all the eggs are in order, flicking a switch. No doubt there are other things behind the scenes that are required as well before this occurs. 

I have no idea how long all this takes. The bit that concerns me the most is steam. It wouldn't surprise me if that takes a week or more alone in itself to get organised (although I, like everyone else are hoping that we're talking a matter of days, not weeks). 

I would expect that the next 'sign' of progress will be seeing the Apache disappear off the website as an early release purchase. That will tell us we're one step closer again. As it currently stands, the Apace is still available for Early Access Purchase. Maybe they are giving 24hrs after the 'gold' announcement before removing this to be fair to everyone who's on 'the other side of the world?' to have their last chance at an early practice. As such, I'd still expect it to be days away - quite possibly another week - although it would be so sweet if it was this weekend!

Edited by Dangerzone

1 minute ago, davidrbarnette said:

I'd be seriously disappointed if everyone waiting for the Apache suddenly had it tied to an update for the Syria map, when many of the Apache consumers may not own or care about the Syria map.

That is not a problem. Ugra Media 3rd party build Syria Map, and ED the AH-64D module. ED always put a big quantity of your core and module work and 3rd party modules on your "big" updates.

6 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

I'd be seriously disappointed if everyone waiting for the Apache suddenly had it tied to an update for the Syria map, when many of the Apache consumers may not own or care about the Syria map.

Funny, I'm waiting on other content but don't really care about the Apache.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1