Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

The End (of wait) is Nearer.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 hours ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

They have not issued a specific date. If it could be released next week, then why would they not give us a tangible date? For this reason, I believe that the day and the time of the release of the module will be 31 March, 2022, 23:59:59 ( if they do not announce any additional delays ). 

Because other modules also have to be ready and the patch has to be ready also, so there is more to the release than just the ah64

• Like 3

7 hours ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

The, "by the end of Q1 2022" frame of time was already the result of multiple delays.

Regardless, many are prepared for the module to be released. The announcement in which the module was declared to have "gone gold" while neglecting to mention a specific date seemed like an effort to placate those those that are displeased with the constant waiting, without actually committing to any precise day. 

I want to know, will I have access before or after 30 March? They intend to give themselves a space of time as a buffer because it is convenient for them, yet I want to know a date between now and 31 March wherein the module will be downloadable, for the purpose of planning, as this is convenient for me. The convergence of the two set of interests has and will continue to be a source of consternation.

Anyway, hell, whatever happens is in-large beyond my control so I will just stand back and watch.

You have quite the imagination

Boys... we have cold start.

• Like 6

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I wouldn't think Wags would spend his weekend doing AH-64 videos unless it was coming very soon.  

• Like 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

2 hours ago, ebabil said:

Wags once said that cold start video was the last video before the release

here it is now

Wag litteraly say in the video that they released it before George cause people kept on asking. In other word, this may not mean "release" is "gold-ly imminent" 😉

12 minutes ago, hotrod525 said:

Wag litteraly say in the video that they released it before George cause people kept on asking. In other word, this may not mean "release" is "gold-ly imminent" 😉

Lucky for us we are going to greatly enjoy this module (know I will) when it does release. Wouldn't matter if they changed the release back to Q1 of 2023, I think they are going to release one of the best EA modules they have done so far. I didn't understand the point of the "going GOLD" tweet/comment/post they did, but I won't ask since it probably classified above T.S.      Either way this will be a fun one once it does release.

In short, going gold means the module is ready, and that they're not working on it until it releases. Complete code and asset freeze. That's important, because that means other things are holding up the release, not the Apache development. I keep saying that, but people don't seem to listen. The only reason for it to be delayed right now is some catastrophic, CTD-level bug. Lesser ones will get reported, but not fixed, during that period. The Apache that they had when they went gold is exactly the Apache we're getting.

Combine it with the information that the patch was delayed to accommodate the Apache, and you realize the release is around the corner. All that's left is final integration testing, and purely administrative stuff such as whatever it takes to add it to ED store. They've been doing this for so long this process should be pretty streamlined. We'll get it next Wednesday for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

we are very close to release, as soon as I can give you the date I will update the patch status post. 

This has been said many times to some of you and you really should know better. 

Be excited for the release it is a great module already and will bring many of your years of fun. 

thanks

• Like 2

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I just broke down and pre-ordered...told myself for months I wouldn't do it (I have WAY too many other modules I've not yet learned), but after seeing the cold-start video I realized that I'd be kicking myself later at paying more.  Like many here I'm sure, Jane's Longbow (and especially LB2) are such great memories from days of my life long past, and I'm hoping to remember some of that magic here again with the DCS Apache.

Can't wait!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GaryM05 said:

I just broke down and pre-ordered...told myself for months I wouldn't do it (I have WAY too many other modules I've not yet learned), but after seeing the cold-start video I realized that I'd be kicking myself later at paying more.  Like many here I'm sure, Jane's Longbow (and especially LB2) are such great memories from days of my life long past, and I'm hoping to remember some of that magic here again with the DCS Apache.

Can't wait!!!

I did exactly the same. I knew I would buy it at some point but as the due date got closer I thought might as well save myself some money.

• Like 1

what do you think?? Wags say that the cold start video is anticipated before George vid, but before said that rathe release don't depend from video..and then ? we can assume that the release is this wendnesday?

bignewy said no this week (last week) but the next...

1+2= 3 ??

what do you think? this 16th march is the patch and the ah-64 day?

4 minutes ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

I think they said that the Apache will be awailable on 31st of march?

No, never said that. Can you read previous posts correctly?

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

I'd personally make a safe bet on this week. It wouldn't really have made sense for Wags to be spending his weekend making Youtube videos if he thought he still had two or three weeks before release.

Just seems logical it would be this week. I'd expect we'll see an update to the "Patch status" thread today or tomorrow perhaps?

• Like 3

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

32 minutes ago, giullep said:

what do you think? this 16th march is the patch and the ah-64 day?

Maybe but you have to remember the next Open Beta patch will contain more than just the Apache - there's
• the New FLIR that will effect most modern aircraft and needs testing on all the maps and for mission compatibility
• Syria's map expansion to the East
• F-16C changes
• lots of 3rd party patches that were waiting for the next patch cycle and now need to be retested/adjusted for the "AH-64D" build/changes

If you think about the number of potential combinations of aircraft, maps and missions/campaigns - there's a lot to test and likely some bugs will get though to release, it's a question of ensuring no "show stoppers" get through and that most players aren't adversely effected - this also means giving ED and 3rd Parties time to fix issues and validate their fixes.

I don't think anyone wants a release where most of the existing aircraft are bugged, have graphical issues, etc. simply because ED felt pressured to meet an arbitrary deadline.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

To me, chances are really GOOD that the mighty Apache will be released wednesday. Why ? Wags said previously that it might be released even if not all tutorial videos are uploaded on YT, and cold-start video have been uploaded yesterday, so, to me, these are green lights.

HOWEVER, if update there is, it will not be ONLY for the AH64 release, there will be updates for other modules, the extension fo Syria map etc etc, so if depends on these as well.

7 minutes ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

In Steam it says:

scrn1 (2).png

Translation: "Available from March 31"

Steam date is only a placeholder date. In the past it was never THE date of release of any module. But Steam (Valve) require some date to place the game on the Steam Store so ED has to come up with something. 🙂

Edited by MrSmithCZ
  • Thanks 2

Current HW:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB | 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 @ 3600Mhz
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO | Seasonic Prime GX-850 |Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
  • Logitech X52 Pro HOTAS + Pedals |Meta Quest 3 | Tobbi Eye Tracker 5 | Opentrack with PS3 Eye + Clip | Primary: 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q; Secondary: 28" iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU (both 3840 x 2160, 60Hz, 4K)

DCS Modules (all on Steam):

• F/A-18C | F-16C | L-39 | A-10C | FC3 | JF-17 | AH-64D | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | Mi-8MTV2 | Supercarrier
  • Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Marianas | Sinai

Running on DCS Open Beta.