Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

1 hour ago, assafm25 said:

The content need to be more "new" and "surprises" then just a lots of infrometion that we all must already know.

Agh. There is just so much I disagree with in your post... so much self-entitlement! ED is a developer, not an entertainment company here to give you a daily "surprise", like a child sitting in front of a jack-in-the-box waiting for a module to pop out. They've said repeatedly that they will give information when they think it is ready or necessary - not simply to entertain us. Besides, whether or not we know something is happening does NOT affect the speed at which it happens. It will come when it comes. They gave us the roadmap at the start of last year - did knowing all that stuff make it go any faster? No.

As for the Apache, one of the mods commented only the other day that the release date is still scheduled for the end of the month. If that changes? So be it.

Why do we need more photos?? I'm fairly sure all the photos we have cover just about every nut and bolt of the thing.

This is my opinion and feeling about your post. I agree with the OP - wait patiently. In the meantime, you know, do other stuff with your life I guess?

• Like 4

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

12 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

TM? Another example, the A-10 still doesn't have the COMM page implemented. What if the Apache were to leave EA without the COM page? 

IIRC,the original DCS A-10C is a high-fidelity Desk Top Simulation of the Suite 3 A-10C developed for the U.S. Air National Guard and for pilot training purpose. Then re-programed into a game and first got EA release in 2010.However the COMM page is not part of the Suit 3 A-10C and was added to the real aircraft on 1 May ,2009. Only hafe year before our game version got first published.The TM manual on the internet was published in 2012,one year after the full release of our game version. Their is a change list of what was added to the real aircraft at what time at the very beginning of the TM.By the time our game version Suite 3 a-10c got a full release,they already started upgrading Suite 6 Software and Hardware on the real aircraft. So there wasn't anything wrong for our A-10C without the COMM page.

And it is already a feature that is going to be added into the A-10C II before it's done. Just be patient and don't push the dev too much. If they rush their work and get something implemented wrong or buggy,people will complain and ED will have to waste time and resource to re implement them again.It will be a double lose.

Also I don't believe real pilot will learn their plane by reading through the thousands pages TM/FCOM page by page,word by word.It's nothing wrong to read ED's manual as long as they write things right.

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 2

Kyoto Animation forever!

Why do we have to go through this crap every. time. there's. a. new. module....

It'll get released when it's ready.

There are no deadlines, only ESTIMATED Time of Arrival.

It's just a game. We all want it, It'll be here. Quit crying like a 3 year old wanting candy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Akiazusa said:

However the COMM page is not part of the Suit 3 A-10C and was added to the real aircraft on 1 May ,2009. Only hafe year before our game version got first published.The TM manual on the internet was published in 2012,one year after the full release of our game version

The current in game version, which I was talking about is not exactly a specific suite that's being modelled but regardless it represents the mid 2010s timeframe, so the COMM page would 100% apply to it. And it will not get implemented, just like the missing TGP symbology, HMCS symbology and datalink capabilities. It will only have the new radio and some additional TAD symbology, which by the way was also heavily pruned even in the Suite 3 era back in the day. So the A-10CII will leave EA without the COMM page and I made the comparsion to what if the Apache were to also leave EA without the COM page.

12 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

Let me ask you this, if I were to land at whatever airport is near you, and you walked up too me, would you lead off with telling me about the aircraft? Or would you ask and expand your knowledge?

The conflict in this situation is not between the forums users and SMEs but between ED and all the forum users, which include SMEs. 

12 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

Ask those questions >  If they're non sensitive they can be answered.

This isn't that simple. SMEs on this forum can be under much higher scrutiny in practice than regular users, so if you have access to ITAR restricted but otherwise unclassified material, every piece of information that references that material is not allowed to be discussed on the forum, if ED decide to enforce it. So SMEs will be extremely limited as to what they can talk about when things that they say get uncomfortable for ED, like it was the case for the A-10 with things like the amount of hydraulic pressure generated by windmilling engines, or the actual temperatures during an engine startup. 

10 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

At the end of the day, nobody on these forums can force anyone else to accept what they say as fact, nor are they required to.  It's everyone's choice to believe what they want to believe, just as it is anyone's choice not to engage with the loud minority on these forums.  When internet threads turn childish, the adults generally just leave.

There's probably some kind of miscommunication here or I don't know. What will likely happen, based on the previous ED modules is that certain things will be outright missing from the module once it releases and it will stay that way forever. People will argue that they should implement certain features (like the MSI for the Hornet), SMEs will confirm that to be the case (if it's not sensitive) and yet nothing will change whatsoever. Once the module will have been out for 2 years and we'll see the missing or simplified systems or functionality, if the SMEs actually want an accurate rendition, they will be on the same page as everyone else. This is how it's always been historically, ever since the days of the original A-10C.

Doubtful.

I'm sure people are lined up around the block for the Apache. I think ED is just busy working on it. Might not be exciting to report that an electrical system glitch is 75% improved over last week, that sort of thing.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

One of the SME's said about a week ago that he had been in a 5 player mission with Wags and some real Apache pilots and they had tested multiplayer and hellfires, including buddy lasing and that it felt good and was working well so I took that as a reason to be optimistic. Two of the helicopters were multicrew and the third was solo and the interaction went well.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, M1Combat said:

Yeah...  double edged sword though 🙂

yeah, maybe, but only for those who don't understand what "early release" means 😁

2 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

It's just a game.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

oh no its not, its DCS, the best combat flight "simulator" ever 😉  and i have flown a few

• Like 3

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

• ED Team

Threads merged. 

As already mentioned our plan is still for the end of the month if that changes we will let you know. 

Thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My first real ride 

s-l400.jpgbab087386fece95ab4f72fd62ced1c95.gif

• Like 4

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

28 minutes ago, Buschwick said:

Mine

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe - Wikipedia

Download Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe - My Abandonware

I played the heck out of SWOTL in the 90’s on my dad’s 486. I even ported that over into DosBox for when I’m in the mood for a little retro gaming.

• Like 2

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

3 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

486 here…frick I’m old.

My "first" was a Commodore Vic 20, the 486 was ages ahead of that!  

• Like 3

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

5 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

My "first" was a Commodore Vic 20, the 486 was ages ahead of that!  

Atari console and Hellcat Ace.  Then a 386sx with Falcon 3…spent countless hours trying to squeeze enough lower memory out to get sound in the Dark Days of DOS.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Threads merged. 

As already mentioned our plan is still for the end of the month if that changes we will let you know. 

Thank you

So in this case, no news is good news(no delay news...) 😁👍🍻

• Like 4

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings