Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

31 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

In this AH-64 video the image quality is PERFECT. The problem is in VR it's a different world because of the VR support tailored into an old engine. If only proper AA and good framerate would be a reality after the update and the visual quality will be the same as in 2D then I'll be in heaven. The G2 is capable of presenting the quality picture-wise, so it's up to ED to optimize.

Well, the way VR/stereoscopic is rendered today, you can't have it. It amazes me that back in 96/97, I could have full VR/stereoscopic without performance loss, and you cannot have it today! What changed? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• ED Team
2 hours ago, SaxonRaider said:

I have a question, maybe Bignewy can help with?
Will the Steam pre-order discount be extended again after 27th JAN to the new release date? As i havent yet bought it, and would like to buy more modules while I wait, then buy apache nearer the release date , thanks 🙂

yes steam date will be adjusted, sometimes we have to wait for steam to action it however 

thanks

48 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

In this AH-64 video the image quality is PERFECT. The problem is in VR it's a different world because of the VR support tailored into an old engine. If only proper AA and good framerate would be a reality after the update and the visual quality will be the same as in 2D then I'll be in heaven. The G2 is capable of presenting the quality picture-wise, so it's up to ED to optimize.

I am using the G2 in my testing and not having any issues. Solid 45fps low to the deck nice and smooth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

31 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

yes steam date will be adjusted, sometimes we have to wait for steam to action it however 

thanks

I am using the G2 in my testing and not having any issues. Solid 45fps low to the deck nice and smooth. 

Is image quality the same as what is in video with your G2 at 45FPS?

2 minutes ago, evilnate said:

of course not

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• ED Team
17 minutes ago, evilnate said:

I can read all text and the quality is good. 

You may have a different preference, I have no issues. 

• Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Mid-February at least until they delay it again. I mean how can you be very close to release but can't even Cold Start the aircraft?? Hope they get it right. Ain't mad, just hate that ED can not seem understand how properly communicate time tables. Its been an issue for years but all companies have one or two problems they never fix. Still, ED tends but give us pretty good modules upon EA (minus one or two MAJOR mistakes). Balls in your court ED, just let us know when we can hit the "FLY" button.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I can read all text and the quality is good. 

You may have a different preference, I have no issues. 

Cmon, you have a 3090...

Do you think, with the contacts you have with the team, that you could get 90 with vulkan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

As I said I'm using GTX 1070 (!) right now with the G2. The framerate is surprisingly good, but there are missions where it is seriously low (like A10C-II Caucasus takeoff mission) on this OB.

To reduce the strain on my GPU I have to use OpenVR FSR with NVIDIA's NIS enabled. Without that it would be unplayable. I set my Steamvr to an insanely high 100% (mind the GTX 1070!!!), and set MSAA 2x ingame.

With those settings I can mainly get 22-25 fps on the ground and 33 fps airborne, which is pretty good for me (SP only). 45 fps would be perfect although.

But despite all these settings the AA is really far from perfect. There are ALWAYS shimmering edges here and there, while at the same time on the monitor the mirrored image is perfect. The lack of AA at the transparent textures' edges are the worst. That's why I hope that the team managed to solve this issue in Vulkan (forward rendering maybe?), it would help a lot on image quality.

To summarize: if Vulkan will be as good in VR as the current engine in 2D with at least solid 45 fps then we are golden.

Edited by St4rgun
  • Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

ED's official email says this:

We understand that our decision to delay the early access release is frustrating and disappointing. Please accept our apologies. Our commitment is to deliver this exciting new aircraft to you in the nearest future, hopefully in February. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please remember that the 30% discount and extra ED Miles are still available all the way up to Early Access release.

But this means that ED is not sure that it will be released in February, which is a bad omen. It has been postponed twice in December and January., and maybe there will be a third and fourth postponement.

If pre-order DLC keeps getting delayed again and again, ED will face a bunch of legal issues asking for refunds

Edited by huchanronaa

• ED Team
28 minutes ago, stormrider said:

Cmon, you have a 3090...

Do you think, with the contacts you have with the team, that you could get 90 with vulkan?

We are getting off topic now, I have no news about vulkan currently and I would not count on it to be some magic bullet for performance. Multicore work is more important in my eyes. Thanks

• Like 6

Guys seriously… we read so many people here talking about concerns when it comes to using VR headsets in combination with older GPU’s. It’s YOUR choice to use such a combination.. ED didn’t made you. I for one didn’t get a VR headset because I knew my pc couldn’t handle it with my old setup (GTX980Ti). 

Now I saved up and got a monster machine incl RTX3080Ti and I can finally start thinking of runnning VR. 

I prefers these absolute stunning graphics in combination with Track IR then having to run the sim with half naked looking graphics because some of you wanna run VR no matter the cost. 

So either upgrade (sell a kidney, guitar or one of your kids) or stop complaining. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

g8PjVMw.png

• ED Team

Please get back on topic " AH-64D Early Access " otherwise this thread will end up derailed 

thanks

• Thanks 4

I don't mind Apache being delayed. In fact, it might have saved me a little money by doing so. 🙂 Either way, I'm happy to wait until it's really good for EA release. Let's not repeat the Viper debacle.

One more question is, how do the MFD text and indicator lights look in VR? One of my hopes for Vulcan, and accompanying refactor, is fixing of the oddities in how small text is rendered. I don't know if the artifacts come from mipmapping or AA, but I noticed indicator lights are often unreadable despite there being more than enough pixels to render them clearly, as evidenced by text that's not a light, of the same approximate size, being legible enough. Not only that, I noticed that text that's close to your virtual face looks better than one that's far from it, despite the apparent size being the same or close to it. Skinny font used by the lights might be exacerbating the issue. Either way, how is it in the Apache?

Edited by Dragon1-1

24 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

ED's official email says this:

We understand that our decision to delay the early access release is frustrating and disappointing. Please accept our apologies. Our commitment is to deliver this exciting new aircraft to you in the nearest future, hopefully in February. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please remember that the 30% discount and extra ED Miles are still available all the way up to Early Access release.

But this means that ED is not sure that it will be released in February, which is a bad omen. It has been postponed twice in December and January., and maybe there will be a third and fourth postponement.

If pre-order DLC keeps getting delayed again and again, ED will face a bunch of legal issues asking for refunds

You guys do realize that Wags did change the Thread title to "Release by end of Q1 2022" ???

So why do you get your hopes high for a mid or end of february release? The newsletter said HOPEFULLY and not "promised". Expect it to be released on 31.03.2022 and be positively surprised if it's released before that date, or just keep waiting if it's delayed again. It's not that you have any other choice either if you want that module for DCS.

Also the refund thing, it wouldn't be the first time people asked for a refund. Just contact ED support if you want one, that's how they done it in the past. 

It's just a module for a game, why can't people just wait for release of the module or wait to part with their money until it's released if they are impatiant? I mean it is ED, they never kept a "release date"! Just deal with it, one way or the other but why make everytime a fuzz about it on the forums? I don't get it.

Yes i have pre-ordered it, no i will not demand i refund, yes i will wait even if it's delayed again. I mean HB did delay the F-14 for how long, over a year? What are 2 more months to wait.

Just my 2 cent, like everyone else is entitled to post his opinion.

🍻

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The way I see it, if the team isn't satisfied with where the apache is for release, I'd most likely not be satisfied either. So yeah, I'm a bit bummed, but I still rather have it this way than getting it and being annoyed for things not being where they're supposed to be.

One thing I haven't found the answer to anywhere else and I'm wondering especially in when it comes to the apache. Are there news on the new FLIR technology? I know it's more difficult than simply adding it to the modules because every single unit in dcs has to be touched, but will the apache come with it's module part of this tech?

to resume:

- december

- january

- february

- two week.....

but if was almost ready to december (first planned date to release..), now Wags said they made a tremendous progress... at what point would be in december and how thwy could give that date for the release..?

mistery!

but two week...lol

• Like 2

• ED Team
27 minutes ago, Cathnan said:

One thing I haven't found the answer to anywhere else and I'm wondering especially in when it comes to the apache. Are there news on the new FLIR technology? I know it's more difficult than simply adding it to the modules because every single unit in dcs has to be touched, but will the apache come with it's module part of this tech?

FLIR work is a core task for DCS, not linked to the AH-64D. It would be nice to have it ready for release, but we will have to wait and see as it is a huge task. 

thanks

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mainstay said:

Guys seriously… we read so many people here talking about concerns when it comes to using VR headsets in combination with older GPU’s. It’s YOUR choice to use such a combination.. ED didn’t made you. I for one didn’t get a VR headset because I knew my pc couldn’t handle it with my old setup (GTX980Ti). 

Now I saved up and got a monster machine incl RTX3080Ti and I can finally start thinking of runnning VR. 

I prefers these absolute stunning graphics in combination with Track IR then having to run the sim with half naked looking graphics because some of you wanna run VR no matter the cost. 

So either upgrade (sell a kidney, guitar or one of your kids) or stop complaining. 

Your kind words made me rethink my previous standpoint. You're right, I have to save up.

So bye-bye pre-ordering the AH-64. Case closed.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Wow, the new video is absolutely amazing as far as graphics.  The initial fly-in at the start of the video (external view) had me second guessing on whether that was real or sim, absolutely awesome!!  Good works guys/gals on the project, can't wait and thanks for the update!

• Like 3

So from the description of Wags Video I got the following remaining TODOs:

Zitat

- flight control system heading, attitude and altitude hold modes

- MultiCrew,

- cold start

- George AI co-pilot gunner

- certain crew animations

- system damage effects.

Combining this with the information from Casmos video about the current state ("some more time in the oven") I don't think we are looking at 31.03.2022. More like middle or end of February. But this is pure speculation of mine.

I think the most problematic/relevant items are multicrew sync in MP and George as CPG. Those are absolutely necessary so that every player type (SP/MP) can enjoy the Apache. All other items are things that might be annoying if not completed at EA launch but certainly most of us (not all) won't bother too much if it will be patched in later. Maybe the cold start might also be relevant for the clicky-clicky players 😛

The footage looks amazing and I am really looking forward to crash into those nice rocks @1:58 in the preview video (South Atlantic???). Afterwards I will most certainly complain if there are missing system damage effects 😄 

• Like 3

I am disappointed I preordered AH-64D back on October 10th.  Really trusted DCS to deliver a working product in a reasonable time frame, less than 90 days from a preorder date.  Thought they surely had a solid idea how long it would take to complete the software once it was available for preorder.   At that time I didn’t realize their habit of offering preorders with delays, my fault.   As an act of good faith they should offer some sort of partial refund or at least some sort of credit to those of us who chose to preorder.

Edited by Phaze11111
  • Like 3

I am disappointed I preordered AH-64D back on October 10th.  Really trusted DCS to deliver a working product in a reasonable time frame, less than 90 days from a preorder date.  Thought they surely had a solid idea how long it would take to complete the software once it was available for preorder.   At that time I didn’t realize their habit of offering preorders with delays, my fault.   As an act of good faith they should offer some sort of partial refund or at least some sort of credit to those of us who chose to preorder.
Funnily enough they did exactly that after they had to delay the first time. Everyone who bought it standalone without ed miles got iirc 8000 ed miles

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1