Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

I've been waiting 20+ years for this. One month? Piece of cake. Some of you, obviously, have never worked on a complex project. Patience. A boss came up one night we were working late and asked when the problem would be solved. We told him he'd be second to know, right after us.

• Like 8

Am 24.1.2022 um 00:41 schrieb Dangerzone:

I wish I had your optimism. 😉

After yesterdays status update in the mini-updates, I think you can start being optimistic.

Based on this, I am guessing 3 or 4 more weeks. Think Wags will soon continue with the remaining mini-updates. When he does, you know:

2 more weeks 😉

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:14 PM, huchanronaa said:

The credibility of this scheduled release date is in doubt due to the dismal delays of the previous two

Such scheduled release dates are ALWAYS in doubt, which is why ED tells us over and over again, that those dates are not set in stone and everything is subject to change.
They're just plans and plans can go wrong. They're not sacred prophecies.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Speaking from a project management pov, it is best to be “just make”, one fails to meet the deadline, bad, finish before the deadline, bad also…but from a customer pov, deliver earlier than promised, great!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

29 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

I can't wait for the F-4E pre-order to start, so we can do all this again in THAT forum emoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It will be even worse. The F-4 is so much popular than the Apache.

It was like everybody in this forum dropped what they had and ran to the Heatblur part. 😊 

Every other thread and part of the forum basically got quiet. 

I'm happy for all the fans and all, but even if it's a first day purchase for me it's just to support the hobby, have never had any interest in the F-4.

• Like 1

It will be even worse. The F-4 is so much popular than the Apache.
It was like everybody in this forum dropped what they had and ran to the Heatblur part.  
Every other thread and part of the forum basically got quiet. 
I'm happy for all the fans and all, but even if it's a first day purchase for me it's just to support the hobby, have never had any interest in the F-4.
Oh I do. The Tomcat is my favorite module. I love the proper "stick and rudder" feel of how she flies. Can't wait for the Phantom.

They'll be back tomorrow. Nothing is known yet about the Phantom as far as release date so there's nothing to whine about yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Never understood why people buy pre-orders months before the release and then whine about the delays.

Here is a hint to you guys, just wait till the release is confirmed (a day or two before the release) and then buy. The price will be discounted all the way until the release hour.

Did that for the Hind module and will do that for the AH-64D module.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

They didn't refund anything. They awarded extra miles. Don't mix Miles and cash, you were not entitled to Miles in the first place. 

He has a point though. It was meant as a compensation for delayed release, but for whatever reason, ED awarded the extra bonus only to people who did not use the miles during preorder purchase.  Most likely that's just a store system limitation, but the lesson is, do not spend Miles on preorders if you expect the situation like that to repeat in the future. 

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

27 minutes ago, BioZ said:

Never understood why people buy pre-orders months before the release and then whine about the delays.

Here is a hint to you guys, just wait till the release is confirmed (a day or two before the release) and then buy. The price will be discounted all the way until the release hour.

Did that for the Hind module and will do that for the AH-64D module.

This so much!!

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1000 miles = 1 dollar.... In store credit.

So for the apache they increased it how much? 4000 miles or something?

We are talking about 4 dollars. And the module itself will cost 80$ without any bonuses when it's finished.
And people are acting like someone robbed them from a large amount of cash.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlphaOneSix said:

1: Don't pre-order if you are on a timeline of any kind. If you aren't 100% okay with numerous delays, DO NOT PRE-ORDER.

Why? If you are still going to buy? Will there be fewer delays if you don't pre-order?

They'll do it anyway when they do. Not earlier and not later.

• Like 1

I really never give money to companies for pre-orders.

I did however pre-order the apache. And I did it just to support ED’s development. I will fly the thing once it comes out. But I did it because of all the results from the past, not for a promise of the future, therefor I don’t feel any disappointment.

We buy 3080 rtx graphic cards, expensive peripherals, some even build complete simpits for this hobby.

Spending many 1000’n of dollars

Yet some people manage to feel robbed for a few dollar’s worth of miles or a few months delay. Nothing got cancelled here…

I ordered a honeycomb bravo throttle in August 2020 and received it 8 months later. The product was already finished, it was just production issues.

Let’s a keep a positive relationship with the ED software team and be grateful they want to make this software for us.

Flightsim is a niche market. Many companies stopped doing it.

It very complex to create and maintain for a low financial return.

If you want people to perform at their best, you should do the same 🙂

Edited by PredTD80
  • Like 6

Release dates have always slipped in DCS.... ED or third party!

I have booked so many holidays based on chopper releases and almost always...NO, every time...  the module has released weeks if not months after my holiday ended.

ED and all third party guys have a nightmare trying to get everything just right in time for release, and then a nightmare bug turns up 2 days before the release date! They need to find the bug in hundreds of thousands of lines of code. i think most people who complain have very little idea of what is involved in modelling such complex airframes in the virtual.

Anywho, my 3090, 64 gig RAM system update has not arrived yet, so I think we are all OK with the delay. 🙂

It would be painful to me if you guys were enjoying the Apache whilst I did not even have a computer to play it on!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb mkiii:

I still can't fly the Hind without falling out of the sky yet, so I can wait a little longer for the Apache.

Well the Hind and the Apache will fly completly different. Flying the Hind is more like flying a fucking big heavy and sturdy Plane 🙂 dont get me wrong, i own it and i realy like flying it 🙂

the apache will fly more like a mixture of the Gazelle and the Ka 50.

But overall the Apache will be a very good thing to fly 🙂 Whats your probs with the Hind? mabye i can help a bit 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AH64D said:

Bummed it did not come out today. Really bummed.  

We already know that it wouldn't be released today.

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

8 hours ago, AH64D said:

Bummed it did not come out today. Really bummed.  

I assume this is trolling. At least I hope it is.

• Like 3

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR