Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

7 hours ago, stormridersp said:

Dont take that as a reference as dev personnel are shuffled around just as quickly depending on other projects needs. Hint F-16 vs F-18.

As I said, this seems to be a pretty high priority project for ED right now.  I don't think they are going to pull people off for other modules.  I think they realize this could easily become their fastest selling module.  There is a ton of pent up demand for an Apache.

• Like 2

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

On 10/12/2021 at 5:30 AM, Bedouin said:

In the last video from Wags he mentioned that from now on, we will start by getting the tutorial/lessons videos and no more sneak peaks... so maybe already this week or the next

Very unlikely, unless you are just referring to a video. My guess is we'll get tutorials spread over a month or two

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Well the did say at one time "late Summer" release,   so when is "late summer" in Australia!  

306th TFS Home of the "WILDHARE's" :pilotfly::gun_sniper: A10,F-14, F-15, F16, F18, AV88, UH1,KA 50, Oculus Rift ,Hotas Warthog, Stable & Beta, VRK :: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core 3.2 ghz, RAM- 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1070

4 minutes ago, Wildhare said:

Well the did say at one time "late Summer" release,   so when is "late summer" in Australia!  

ED says many things all the time. AND every time they say something it is with the disclaimer "Everything is subject to change". So it can be delayed, features can get scrapped, you can love that, you can hate that but in the end you have to deal with it.

🍻

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• ED Team

My view on the topic of anything that gets delayed, pushed back, or timelines revised: there are so many other modules, maps and campaigns to play in DCS as whole.  There is plenty of stuff to keep me occupied.  The backlog of DLC campaigns that I still need to complete is ridiculous.

As an example, one night I just felt like cruising around the NTTR map to see which airports were easiest to land at in an F-16 and which ones weren't.  I took off from Nellis, flew up to Mesquite, worked my way counter-clockwise to Tonopah airport (the civilian one cuz I've landed thousands of times at Tonopah test airfield and Creech), then eventually south along the western edge of the range, checking out all the little towns out in the desert.  Beatty, Pahrump, all way down to the southern tip of Nevada and hitting up all the little airports south of Vegas.  I took off around 1600 local time in the mission and by the time I got all the down to Laughlin, it was dark out.  Plenty of places to just check out on all these maps just flying around, let alone all the missions and campaigns there are to do.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Thanks for providing this cool chopper! I'm excited to see the difference to Jane's AH-64D Longbow 😁

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

35 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

My view on the topic of anything that gets delayed, pushed back, or timelines revised: there are so many other modules, maps and campaigns to play in DCS as whole.  There is plenty of stuff to keep me occupied.  The backlog of DLC campaigns that I still need to complete is ridiculous.

As an example, one night I just felt like cruising around the NTTR map to see which airports were easiest to land at in an F-16 and which ones weren't.  I took off from Nellis, flew up to Mesquite, worked my way counter-clockwise to Tonopah airport (the civilian one cuz I've landed thousands of times at Tonopah test airfield and Creech), then eventually south along the western edge of the range, checking out all the little towns out in the desert.  Beatty, Pahrump, all way down to the southern tip of Nevada and hitting up all the little airports south of Vegas.  I took off around 1600 local time in the mission and by the time I got all the down to Laughlin, it was dark out.  Plenty of places to just check out on all these maps just flying around, let alone all the missions and campaigns there are to do.

Agreed. I spent a solid two hours last night in the back seat of the T-45 practicing basic instrument flying, level turns and aerobatics all over southern Nevada. 

DCS is a sandbox-there’s truly plenty to keep us busy. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

And when you get into Mission Design, and beyond that really being able to control AI behavior via scripting, you literally never run out of cool stuff to do or experiment with.

• Like 2

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Can’t wait to fly the Apache with my friends.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Hello everyone,

Never bought anything in early-access, but allow me the question: until when is the early-access 30 % price discount supposed to last ?

( Which is, to the very last day before the early-access release? )

Thank you.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Top Jockey:

Hello everyone,

Never bought anything in early-access, but allow me the question: until when is the early-access 30 % price discount supposed to last ?

( Which is, to the very last day before the early-access release? )

Thank you.

If they handle it the same way as they did with the Hind, then yes. When early access started the discount was reduced to 20%.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

If they handle it the same way as they did with the Hind, then yes. When early access started the discount was reduced to 20%.

I see... I thought the discount would end completely as soon as the product is released for the first time.

Thank you.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I just bought it moments ago.  can't wait to fly her as well.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

OK you DCS geniuses,  what is your best guess as to when the Early Release version of this much anticipated module is going to be released?  Do you think the Steam announcement that December 1 is accurate?  And ED I know that your official stance is that it will probably be released sometime at the end of this year.  I just want to hear from the very smart people on this forum as to what they think.  

Speculation isn't useful or helping. The steam release date is a guestimate because steam requires a release date if you want to sell stuff for preorders. It might be this month, or the next or maybe spring next year.

Either way, no amount of speculation will help. We might be getting a release date from official sources. Wags is doing videos now. It doesn't seem the AI is done yet. The apache has lots of burried pages and systems in it's digitalized cockpit. Just because the TSD works well enough to show a moving map (I spotted a few missing elements then, too) doesn't mean everything is done yet and only needs polishing.

I am hoping for end of november or early december. I wish it was now. I expect it next year. Then again this doesn't help anyone. What I'd prefer more is more updates on the progress, what is missing and how many people are working on what.

• Like 1