Radio navigation MP session

cromhunt

Why sometimes localizer or ADF not working on mission in multiplayers session.As they work perfectly on the solo session.?I mean that on the UH1H huey.

Is there a new bug from the last patch or something old?And maybe other players have already found this?Thanks in advance if somebody knows a fix.

Edited by cromhunt

In DCS, ILS beacons and directional beacons are disabled/enabled according to wind direction. This seems intended, but it clearly annoys all players. An internal request was made to change this a few months ago. Wait and see.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Sorry but i think it's not exactly the point.I understand that NDB could be erratic.I didn't talk about ILS beacon.I'm talking about  a point where i put a soldier or a car with a radio FM(HF) frequency scheduled to use it as a localizer.

While playing solo all is correct,but on a multiplayer session the FM radio doesn't work at all,thus the localizer doesn't work.

Maybe the bug is the same ?

There's an old issue with custom beacons: you have to "respawn" them from time to time, because if you don't, players entering the mission later on won't be able to receive these custom beacons.

Although I'm used to it, I highly doubt this is feature since there's an existing STOP RADIO TRANSMISSION action. I'll report it.

Edited by Flappie

2 ore fa, Flappie ha scritto:

The issue was reported earlier this year. A fix is planned (no dates).

Flappie, if possible, answer this question: is it necessary to respawn the object that carries the radio transmission or you can simply re-launch the radio transmission code using DCS scripting?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

1 hour ago, chromium said:

Flappie, if possible, answer this question: is it necessary to respawn the object that carries the radio transmission or you can simply re-launch the radio transmission code using DCS scripting?

I've never added emitting vehicles in my missions. I've always used radio transmission with "simple" static zones. Attached is an old example. Look for purple triggers.

I'll try this with a vehicle and let you know the result.

Flappie_Rat_nests_radio_trans_example.miz

Edited by Flappie

@chromium And here's my recipe for an emitting vehicle. I've just tested it and it works fine. What you need:

1. A moving vehicle (if your vehicle is static, simply create a trigger in which you affect a radio transmission to a zone centered on your static vehicle).
  2. Many waypoints because one waypoint = one re-emission.

Vehicle_emitting.miz

So it's ok to re-emitting instead of re-spawning. That's sufficient for me 🙂

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 1 month later...

According to another user ADF doesn't work at all on dedicated servers. Unfortunately I have no dedicated server set up (and don't plan to) so I can't verify this.

The user told me, that he hosted the same mission on a normal server (from within the game) and on a dedicated server. On a normal server everyone was able to recieve ADF signals (host and clients), but on a dedicated server nobody could recieve the ADF signal.

Edit: In this case the ADF signal was triggered from the waypoint actions of a ground unit.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@QuiGonOK. Radio transmissions emitted from vehicle waypoints do work with a dedicated server ("Vehicle emitting.trk" above).

EDIT: Radio transmissions emitted from a zone do work as well, if you properly stop the signal before reemitting it.

Please send attached mission to the user and give us his feedback.

Vehicle emitting + Zone emitting_dedi_compatible.miz

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

In this latest .miz you posted @Flappie I was unable to get the 35.2 FM signal, and the base you made is covered by trees.  The first two files in this thread work fine though.  The beacon is active and the localizer tracks both the cow zone and the moving AAV vehicle

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I've just checked: it's a trigger issue. The beacon works fine once I add a simple 'OR' condition.

I believe this "Rats nest" mission is the first time I ever used beacons. It's rather old. 😄