Dunkirk-Mardyck Grass Strip Bug

Quetzalkoatl

Back in May 2021 I bought The Channel. After checking out all airfields I noticed that there's something wrong with Dunkirk-Mardyck grass strip.

Grass part of the runway seems to be extremely bumpy - it acts pretty much like casual ground which is not prepared for aircraft usage.

It is possible to taxi on it, but as soon as you reach ~120 km/h, problems with stability start to be noticeable. ~140 km/h is the moment where large jumps to the side start happening - that in the end leads to a crash. Landing looks very similar but because it happens at higher speeds the results are a bit more drastic.

I chose Fw 190D-9 for this bug report because in my opinion it's one of the most stable on the ground out of all WWII modules.
There are two track files - one from take off attempt and second shows landing.

TheChannel_Dunkirk-Mardyck_GrassStripBug_TakeOff.trk

TheChannel_Dunkirk-Mardyck_GrassStripBug_Landing.trk

This was pointed out right from the start, but despite it starting as an all grass French fighter station IRL, it has not been modelled as such and only the German concrete part is usable.

The grass part is not airfield quality and is the draggy general grass.

Having said that, you should be able to T/O and land within the concrete part.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 1 year later...