F-18C pilot 3D model...why?

Predator-78

I am aware that this is not a priority, but I would like to know why the 3D model of the F-18C pilot is not updated.  A few updates ago, the animation of the sun visor was inserted that lowered when closing the cockpit. It would even seem to no longer work.
The F-18 is at a good point and I wonder why not complete it by improving the appearance of the pilot with its functions.

Maybe adding the possibility to raise the helmet visor during the night flight and lower it during the day when it is sunny. Finally, after having ejected from the plane, we can even see another 3D model of a pilot. The eye also wants its part and this would certainly make the simulator much more realistic...🙂

My question is ... will it stay that way forever?

Will we be able to have a high detail of the 3D model of the F-18 pilot?

I hope someone else agrees with my post as well and maybe we can get a response from someone from the ED staff.
Thanks 😉

Edited by JAKAL
  • Like 2

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 32,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

2 ore fa, Sharkku ha scritto:

Bene... preferirei che la funzionalità avesse la priorità su questo. D'accordo, dovrebbe essere risolto, ma prima l'aereo dovrebbe funzionare correttamente.

I state that I have written it, my request is not a priority, but in my opinion it is necessary. The F-18C is one of the coolest DCS modules and it would be wasted not to have a Navy 3D pilot done right as well.
Else, what do you miss about the F-18? Certainly it is not complete, there are still some things to be completed, but compared to the other DCS modules it is far ahead.

• Like 2

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 32,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Yes, we are in agreement then.

What I miss about the FA-18 are a lot of small things. Just check the bug reporting section. FLIR - AGM-65 behavoiur, not able to set laser codes on ground, JDAM TOO mode clearing coordinates on undesignate, just to mention a few. There are tons of bugs still.

• Thanks 1

Been waiting a long time for updates to the Hornet pilot model.  Especially in cockpit for use with VR!  Hopefully this gets prioritized and implemented soon!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Il 2/12/2021 at 03:17, Sn8ke ha scritto:

Questa è un'area che Razbam fa alla grande. Le loro trame da pilota Harrier sono incredibili. Forse ED può contattarti?

Have you seen the 3D model of the F-15E pilot?
It has a very high detail ... why not have something like this on the F-18 model too?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Like 2

Firma DCS.png

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't want it to disapear for a year while they make a new one i'm quite happy with the existing it would be nice to have it updated but when they did the new blackshark cockpit the pilot model never came back 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 weeks later...

With the upcoming arrival of the Apache module, the pilots' textures have also been elaborated in the smallest detail.
By now for the F-18 module one cannot hope to have an appreciable pilot's texture, yet the hornet was an ED product and not a third party.

Firma DCS.png

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in keeping this discussion alive. The ED had announced new textures for the F-18 pilot by publishing very few images. We hope to have some more information in the coming days.

@BIGNEWY

Any update on this?

Edited by JAKAL

Firma DCS.png

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately, to date, there is still no news on a possible update for a new 3D model of the F / 18 pilots since I first opened this discussion last November 2021.
If I remember correctly, a possible reworking of the 3D model was announced as the current one is not absolutely satisfactory.
In the last period new modules and maps are coming but there is no information on this topic.
I hope someone can give us some good news.

Edited by Predator-78

Firma DCS.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Several months have passed and the FA/18 form is being completed more and more. I would always like to keep this discussion alive and I hope that the developers intervene as soon as possible on the 3D model of the pilot, perhaps even adding other skins for the plane.

• Like 1

Firma DCS.png

Don't give up. You guys missed this on the latest update. It's coming.

Coming after this update: In addition to bug fixes, other ongoing work on the Hornet includes a new pilot model, radar performance improvements, improving the flight model and flight control system, and new fuzes/logic.

• Like 1

Buzz

• 2 weeks later...
Il 18/12/2022 at 21:28, VDV ha scritto:

sarà implementato anche il saluto per il pilota dell'F-18? 

...unfortunately nothing is known, having pilot animations would be great, especially for communications with support personnel on the deck of the aircraft carrier

Il 18/12/2022 at 21:50, BuzzU ha scritto:

Non mollare. Ragazzi, vi siete persi questo nell'ultimo aggiornamento. Sta arrivando.

In arrivo dopo questo aggiornamento: oltre alle correzioni di bug, altri lavori in corso sull'Hornet includono un nuovo modello di pilota, miglioramenti delle prestazioni del radar, miglioramento del modello di volo e del sistema di controllo del volo e nuove spolette/logica.

I hope as soon as possible and above all to be able to admire the 3D model of the pilot in the development phase.

Firma DCS.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been following this thread and looking forward to the F/A-18 pilot update.  For those who may not have seen the 6/16/23 newsletter, here's the link with a status report:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/e7afcb836d02156d44952fdf413fa02c/

In addition to additional visor/mask detail, does anyone now if this update will also address the issue that effects a lot of the custom helmet skins?  The helmet art for some of my liveries is perfect but for many, the graphics on the left side and top of the HGU is black. The right side graphics are fine. Would be great if this issue can be fixed as well. 

Edited by Cobra_B39

i5 11400 ׀ 16GB RAM ׀ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ׀ Buttkicker Pro ׀ Razer Blackshark V3 Pro ׀ Oculus Rift S VR ׀ TM Warthog Stick/Throttle HOTAS ׀ TM F/A-18C Stick ׀ Logitech G Pro Rudder Pedals ׀ Next Level Racing Boeing Military Cockpit

F/A/18C  -  Super Carrier  -  Nevada

• 1 month later...
Il 17/6/2023 at 20:38, Cobra_B39 ha scritto:

I've been following this thread and looking forward to the F/A-18 pilot update.  For those who may not have seen the 6/16/23 newsletter, here's the link with a status report:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/e7afcb836d02156d44952fdf413fa02c/

In addition to additional visor/mask detail, does anyone now if this update will also address the issue that effects a lot of the custom helmet skins?  The helmet art for some of my liveries is perfect but for many, the graphics on the left side and top of the HGU is black. The right side graphics are fine. Would be great if this issue can be fixed as well. 

It would be great to have more updates. They were talking about almost finished work, two months have passed. Will we be able to have it in September?

Firma DCS.png

• ED Team

After reports on this same forum about the helmet and O2 mask, additional work was required. As soon as we are ready we will share more. 

thank you

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/17/2023 at 3:38 PM, Cobra_B39 said:

the graphics on the left side and top of the HGU is black. The right side graphics are fine. Would be great if this issue can be fixed as well. 

Judging by your description I think you have an issue that dates back to update 2.5.6. The Helmet mapping was changed and any skins that had custom helmets were left with this issue.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...