RAF Tristar tanker AI asset

FoxOne007

I wonder why there is such a fixation on AI Tanker assets. Ofcourse it would be nice to have a tanker for every country's airforce, but it's a bit of a stretch and I don't think it needs one thread per tanker "wish". We are awaiting a complex flyable aircraft module which is still in the making and yet everyone is already asking for more...

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Spectre11 said:

I wonder why there is such a fixation on AI Tanker assets. Ofcourse it would be nice to have a tanker for every country's airforce, but it's a bit of a stretch and I don't think it needs one thread per tanker "wish". We are awaiting a complex flyable aircraft module which is still in the making and yet everyone is already asking for more...

Welcome to the DCS community where we ask for too much stuff and complain when It takes too long to finish.

• Like 8

On 11/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, Spectre11 said:

Because it would be nice to populate bases with not just US stuff. You won’t see any US aircraft at RAF Akrotiri for example. And just in general it’s not just the US that’s there so it’s nice to have a larger pool of things, and let’s be honest, we only have 2 tankers that’s not a lot.

• Like 8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes that's not a lot, but an exotic tanker asset that has been operated by whom exactly, apart from the RAF? We don't have a single RAF operated fast jet in DCS as a flyable aircraft and even the Eurofighter will be the German version. And yet you ask for a dedicated RAF operated AI asset. I think that such requests are better placed with the community or ED, rather than asking already highly loaded development teams for flyable aircraft modules to develope this or that AI assets as supplementary. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wishing is great, guys. Never stop doing that please. We may not oblige at times, we may even roll eyes at some few moments, but without your wishes - what would we have to aspire and strive towards? Let us never stop dreaming, we are dreamers ourselves. If such threads come up, at the very least you get us talking about it. And who knows, sometimes these things materialize. The hive-mind always works better than the single mind. 🙂 So by all means, ask for as much as you want. We will say "njet" if we feel so, anyway. 😉

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 4 months later...

Hi there, as I am a big fan of the L1011 Tristar by myself I would like to see that plane as a Tanker in my favorite Sim also! Please keep in mind that RAF TriStars gave fuel not only to RAF Jets. She gave fuel to any NATO partners. Look at that picture 

278573712_10159034813383471_211675442153263686_n.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there, any news about the TriStar tanker? With the development of the Tornado and the Eurofighter a L1011 would make more than sense to me. Pls someone make it happen. 👍🏻 Maybe @IronMike has some news to share - 2 years later? When the A-6 comes as a tanker you have some experience in that area. You mentioned that some things got discussed by the team - maybe you did? 🤔 

• 2 weeks later...