Game Mode?

Mad Dog 762

When I learned to fly the Black Shark some years ago, I started flying it in Game Mode, then switched to Sim after I had gotten used to the controls and cockpit.  Apparently, Game Mode has never been implemented on the Mi-24, even in the latest updates.  Does anyone know if it is planned for the AH-64?  

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

12 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

When I learned to fly the Black Shark some years ago, I started flying it in Game Mode, then switched to Sim after I had gotten used to the controls and cockpit.  Apparently, Game Mode has never been implemented on the Mi-24, even in the latest updates.  Does anyone know if it is planned for the AH-64?  

I'd expect some kind of easy mode, but which is something related to controls and keybindings and not like Arma's flight model's game mode.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Early Access products have historically not gotten Game Mode at all. In fact I can't think of any product in the last few years that has had Game Mode implemented that started out in early access?

• Like 2

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

There is no game mode needed…. I u want fly arcade, play some other game. 
if u want to train… train in simulation mode. Otherwise the training makes no sense. 

put in a game mode is a waste of resources. 

Wow, glad there’s no sim elitist here

• Like 10

• ED Team

I dont have any information about game mode currently, I imagine it will be low priority. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

There is no game mode needed…. I u want fly arcade, play some other game. 
if u want to train… train in simulation mode. Otherwise the training makes no sense. 

put in a game mode is a waste of resources. 

Kind of like learning to write a coherent sentence is a waste of time?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

On 11/28/2021 at 4:37 AM, Mad Dog 762 said:

Same here, not so much the controls but to get used to HUD symbology and other cockpit switches - definitely. In fact I still fire it up in game mode every now and then, if I'm pressed for time and just want to get in and blow stuff up for a few minutes. For me - Would be nice to have, but not at the expense of the closest I will ever get to the real thing.

These days for modules that don't implement it, I just climb that learning curve and make use of the pause and restart mission functions to give my ageing brain a chance to catch up. Invulnerability, no fog of war, unlimited weapons and fuel FTW... but I guess I'm not hardcore 😛

Edited by Harry_Bumcrack
additional info
  • Like 1

It has nothing to do with elitism. As an example:

Does it make sence if you buy a Supercar like a Lamborghini , but u use only the first gear because u dont want to learn to drive ? 

with the DCS Moduls its the same, the cost a lot of money. And if u buy them , why u dont want to use them fully ? 

Its not hard to learn a modul. There are plenty tutorial videos available. U can learn to start and simply fly around within 1 Hour . To learn all asspects of a modul u will need more than a couple of weeks. But this will be much more rewarding.

And the developers working realy hard , puttin in a "Game"Mode will be even more work. For what ? If u only want to fly arround and kill everything , their are much better "Games" available.

Edited by Schlomo1933
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Schlomo1933 said:

It has nothing to do with elitism. As an example:

Does it make sence if you buy a Supercar like a Lamborghini , but u use only the first gear because u dont want to learn to drive ? 

with the DCS Moduls its the same, the cost a lot of money. And if u buy them , why u dont want to use them fully ? 

Its not hard to learn a modul. There are plenty tutorial videos available. U can learn to start and simply fly around within 1 Hour . To learn all asspects of a modul u will need more than a couple of weeks. But this will be much more rewarding.

And the developers working realy hard , puttin in a "Game"Mode will be even more work. For what ? If u only want to fly arround and kill everything , their are much better "Games" available.

Rewarding to you. Maybe he likes the simplicity and if you can’t understand that, it’s ok, that’s the nice thing about dcs is you can have dudes who just want to do the simple thing and dudes who go down the checklist. It’s a sandbox.  He’s welcome here even if you don’t think he should be because it’s a “sim not a game.” That’s sim elitism

If someone bought a Lamborghini they can do whatever they want with it, it’s theirs

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 11

• 1 year later...
On 12/22/2021 at 1:35 PM, kgillers3 said:

Rewarding to you. Maybe he likes the simplicity and if you can’t understand that, it’s ok, that’s the nice thing about dcs is you can have dudes who just want to do the simple thing and dudes who go down the checklist. It’s a sandbox.  He’s welcome here even if you don’t think he should be because it’s a “sim not a game.” That’s sim elitism

If someone bought a Lamborghini they can do whatever they want with it, it’s theirs

I couldn't agree more on that! @Schlomo1933 if you get to hang the Apache controls perfectly, i'm happy for you, but I really can't, and it's not lack of practice, and like me there should be many, In fact, i've just come to realize that the "auto-rudder" feature was removed from roadmap/FAQ, witch for me it's a bummer I was really hoping on that to ease things up... I have de Apache, the F/A-18C and other modules, and whatever the way I fly them is my concern only, so guys like me deserve to enjoy DCS the most as we can, also.

Edited by lonewwolf