Defog the canopy

LordOrion

My canopy get really dirty just few minutes after take-off and in some cases is quite hard to see outside:

Screen_211127_234524.png

I tried to use the canopy defog command but it seems to make no any noticeable difference... 

Any clue? What I'm doing wrong?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

On 11/28/2021 at 12:40 AM, razo+r said:

Having the sun directly shining in form the back seems to be the issue. 

Please, see the above picture: canopy is actually getting dirt due fogging.

On 11/28/2021 at 12:40 AM, razo+r said:

Foging and defoging is not simulated for the F-5

Are you 100% sure of that? The manual does not report environmental control as not simulated (see chapter 6.18).

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

8 hours ago, LordOrion said:

Please, see the above picture: canopy is actually getting dirt due fogging.

Are you 100% sure of that? The manual does not report environmental control as not simulated (see chapter 6.18).

I am sure. You have the sun directly behind you which makes the baked on dirt of the glass texture visible. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, razo+r said:

I am sure. You have the sun directly behind you which makes the baked on dirt of the glass texture visible. 

So, you are saying ED used a dirty texture for canopy that makes almost impossible to see details when you have the sun behind you ?

And not only straignt behind you since I can see the same dirt when sun is on my side...

Are you serious ? 🤨

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Yes, he's serious. F-5E is an older module and the textures haven't been updated to work correctly with the lighting in the current version. 

Welcome to DCS. 

• Like 4

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Just now, some1 said:

Yes, he's serious. F-5E is an older module and the textures haven't been updated to work correctly with the lighting in the current version. 

Welcome to DCS. 

That is so frackin stupid that its hard to believe they did it... 😡

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Just try one of my cockpit MODs for the F-5E while you wait for ED to update their F-5 module.

F-5E TIGER II pit (V1.13) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

F-5E 01 kl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bummer said:

Just try one of my cockpit MODs for the F-5E while you wait for ED to update their F-5 module.

F-5E TIGER II pit (V1.13) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

F-5E 01 kl.jpg

Looks nice, I will give it a try this evening, thank you!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

• ED Team

I have made a report for the team, as soon as they have time they will take a look

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have made a report for the team, as soon as they have time they will take a look
thanks

Thank you!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg