Request: More realistic GCI/AWACS map mode

Cmptohocah

It would be great if we could have a more realistic GCI map available where the operator:

• would not see which weapons have been fired
  • would not be able to tell what type of aircraft is on the scope
  • would not be able to tell how many aircraft are in certain location, if they are too close together and far enough to drop under the radar resolution
  • would not be able to see friendly/hostile or at least not see it all the time and not automatically

Flying with a human GCI is an experience beyond any words can describe and it would be great if it would be a bit more realistic and a little less acradish.

I just realized. Perhaps this post should be moved to "DCS Whishlist"?

• Like 8

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

There is LotATC, that most of "harder" core squadrons use and it works great. I don't think ED will make something like these in predictable future. If you want to play with "real" AWAC/GCI buy server licence for LotATC, then clients (players) can log into AWACS slot without payed licence.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Foka said:

There is LotATC, that most of "harder" core squadrons use and it works great. I don't think ED will make something like these in predictable future. If you want to play with "real" AWAC/GCI buy server licence for LotATC, then clients (players) can log into AWACS slot without payed licence.

So I guess people are fine that controller can see what type of missiles are being fired. Cool, cool...

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1. May I add some things too. Its all matter of screen information filtering, as what is shown and what is not..

- player titles only OFF/ON

- AI units titles OFF/ON

..basically filtering by type of any kind. Then:

- clear the route of ground units

- combine various ground units into a group with single path to destination

- group ranking (egg lead unit set, then next becomes lead if first gets killed etc.)

- adding some rules of engagement to that group (AI behavior in case of attack from ground of air)

- disassemble the group

etc.

Tnx.

Edited by jackmckay
  • Like 2

It would be nice if the F10 map at least had more options for hiding things like missiles and bombs. Having the GCI able to see the exact moment a missile or bomb comes off the aircraft is a bit crazy. They can also see ATGMs shot by tanks or MLRS systems.

• Like 4

On 12/15/2021 at 4:54 PM, Shadow KT said:

Okey, we got it, you use an external program to do what we want to be in the base game, you can move on now. Thanks for the great insight.

Every addition to the base game is a question of available resources and return of interest. Every developer asks how difficult and resource intensive it is to implement a new feature and how relevant it would be. The vast majority of DCS players are either flying around with the F10 map. People who would be anywhere near interested in this type of feature are probably incredibly miniscule. Hardcore squadrons already have a solution for this. Why would ED implement a feature that most people wouldn't even use? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

Every addition to the base game is a question of available resources and return of interest. Every developer asks how difficult and resource intensive it is to implement a new feature and how relevant it would be. The vast majority of DCS players are either flying around with the F10 map. People who would be anywhere near interested in this type of feature are probably incredibly miniscule. Hardcore squadrons already have a solution for this. Why would ED implement a feature that most people wouldn't even use? 

'Cause of simulation 😉

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

GCI is essential for the effective use of some aircraft, and just about any can benefit from it.

The way I see it, we need:

- AI GCI (similar to Jester/Petrovich)

- Realistic Human GCI(export scripts and existing workaround give away too much detailed information)