Weirdest problem. See picture (good performance when alt-tabbed, but when in game terrible) (SOLVED : IT WAS HAGS)

Csgo GE oh yeah

Windows 11? Quest 2 or Vive Pro 2?

There are compatibility issues currently with both in Windows 11. If neither of this applies then something else going on.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Windows 11 yes, but HP G2 . 

When i'm alt-tabbed out and look around it's smooth in the headset. 
Then when i 'alt-tab' back in the game, my GPU and CPU usage is decreased and i get this weird crap as you see on the left side of the picture. 

edit* I used to have this sometimes in windows 10 as well. This would be fixed with a reboot. Not this time though, doesn't work. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

Ok yeah different issue then. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Csgo GE oh yeah changed the title to Weirdest problem. See picture (good performance when alt-tabbed, but when in game terrible) (SOLVED : IT WAS HAGS)
On 11/28/2021 at 7:19 PM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

It was HAGS. 

What is HAGS? Asked google, but only found that HAGS is a producer of playground equipment. And last time i checked DCS wasn't a slide nor a climbing tower or a swing.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

2 hours ago, Buzzer1977 said:

What is HAGS? Asked google, but only found that HAGS is a producer of playground equipment. And last time i checked DCS wasn't a slide nor a climbing tower or a swing.

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling 

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

I believe it's only in Windows 11? but I could be wrong

I'm having a related issue since switching to a new rig.... 12900K 32Gigs Ram 3800ti Windows 11 ....I'm using a Pimax 8kx witch I've had for a few yrs.

When I installed DCS on new pc and got hardware running I noticed a tearing of the screen and Shadowing effect...similar to what used to happen when I used trk ir and didn't select vsync, before VR

I tried all kinds of different  settings in Pitool.Steam VR and DCS but nothing seems to completely get rid of it until I alt/tab...and then it's gone.

I have managed to get DCS somewhat playable in VR if I reduce Pixel Density to 0.7 and raise my resolution in Steam VR to 150%

I tried turning off HAGS in Windows but it didn't help.....I've tried othe games in VR and didn't get this issue.Any helpor Ideas would be Great.Thank You.

Patrick

mini.gif

I think it is in Windows 10 as well, but in Windows 11 it's ON by default. 

And about your problem @Phantom88 , i think that's a totally different thing. From what i am reading is that your FPS is actually too high, or your refresh rate too low?
When you speak of "tearing", this usually means that your FPS is a lot higher than the refresh rate of your monitor of goggles. 
Your monitor/goggles can not keep up with the FPS and you get this
image.png

That should be easily fixable though, you either up the refresh rate of your monitor/goggles if possible, or increase your graphic settings so your FPS comes down a bit. 

I would first see what refresh rate your pimax goggles is set to, and if it's set to 90 or higher, then change pixel density back to 1.0 in DCS and see what happens. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

image.png

Hmm. I got something similar with my G2 and 3090 too. Looked like a cracked glass, but it was visible on the screen and the goggles. I thought it was just a glitch that came with the latest Open Beta and i didn't care much about it.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

To disable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduler (HAGS) in Windows 10 follow the steps in this article

Some further benchmarks (although over a year old) can be read here

I personally have HAGS turned off (see below)

image.png

Edited by Dodge
  • Like 1

Regards,

Paul "Dodge / LondonLad"

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog (Joystick (Backup) + Throttles),VPC WarBRD-D Base,VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals, VKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset & Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset + TrackIR

Group: DCAF

On 12/10/2021 at 3:35 AM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

I think it is in Windows 10 as well, but in Windows 11 it's ON by default. 

And about your problem @Phantom88 , i think that's a totally different thing. From what i am reading is that your FPS is actually too high, or your refresh rate too low?
When you speak of "tearing", this usually means that your FPS is a lot higher than the refresh rate of your monitor of goggles. 
image.png

That should be easily fixable though, you either up the refresh rate of your monitor/goggles if possible, or increase your graphic settings so your FPS comes down a bit. 

I would first see what refresh rate your pimax goggles is set to, and if it's set to 90 or higher, then change pixel density back to 1.0 in DCS and see what happens. 

Thank You very much!!! This solved my issue....turned up my refresh rate to 90Hz on my VR Headset and turned off HAGS in Windows 11settings...now getting a great smooth experience in VR....Thanks for your help!!!!👍

Patrick

mini.gif

• 5 months later...