Cycling Steepoint & Waypoint in CDU...

Cato

On our server we have a TON of waypoints loaded into the jet. Most times, I'm able to change the steerpoint/waypoint by just typing either the waypoint name in the CDU and putting it LSK1R. However sometimes when I do this, the current waypoint selected in the CDU does not appear on the HUD. I have my rotary knobs on the auxiliary avionics panel set to MISSION and STEER. Is there some step I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ATTACK!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, Cato said:

On our server we have a TON of waypoints loaded into the jet. Most times, I'm able to change the steerpoint/waypoint by just typing either the waypoint name in the CDU and putting it LSK1R. However sometimes when I do this, the current waypoint selected in the CDU does not appear on the HUD. I have my rotary knobs on the auxiliary avionics panel set to MISSION and STEER. Is there some step I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ATTACK!

It depends on the CDU page you're on. If you're on the STRINFO page, then you can change your waypoint for navigation (the one on the HUD) by typing the waypoint name into the CDU. If you're on the WAYPT subpage of the STRINFO page (yellow), then you won't change your navigation waypoint, but only your system waypoint to edit it. The CDU shows the current navigation waypoint in the center of line 1 and the current system waypoint at the beginning of line 2 (to the right of LSK1L).

I attached a picture showing the STRINFO page on the left (red) and the WAYPT page on the right (yellow). I also highlighted the navigation waypoint indicator and the system waypoint indicator.

A-10C CDU STEER.png

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 6

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/29/2021 at 4:22 AM, QuiGon said:

It depends on the CDU page you're on. If you're on the STRINFO page, then you can change your waypoint for navigation (the one on the HUD) by typing the waypoint name into the CDU. If you're on the WAYPT subpage of the STRINFO page (yellow), then you won't change your navigation waypoint, but only your system waypoint to edit it. The CDU shows the current navigation waypoint in the center of line 1 and the current system waypoint at the beginning of line 2 (to the right of LSK1L).

I attached a picture showing the STRINFO page on the left (red) and the WAYPT page on the right (yellow). I also highlighted the navigation waypoint indicator and the system waypoint indicator.

A-10C CDU STEER.png

Thanks QuiGon, I'll give it a try!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]