New Black Snake livery of Indiana Air National Guard A-10C block upgrade.

38 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Not certain what internal plumbing and wiring was changed. 

Errr... what?

From the video description:

In celebration of 100 years of aviation, the Indiana Air National Guard’s 122nd Wing commissioned a two-tone black and grey paint scheme on one of their A-10 Thunderbolt II aircraft.

It's a one-off celebration scheme. Where you get any of this deeper modification speculation from I have no idea. You smokin' that special tobaccy?

• Like 6

On 11/29/2021 at 12:55 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

OK. There are articles on 'net, and YT vids about 'super' A-10C. Obviously those are of questionable verqcity.

They are referencing an upcoming A-10 upgrade which has nothing to do with celebratory paint schemes but is often wrongfully presented in that way. 

Edited by EasyEB

Yeah I think that there are two things going on here, one of which is possible in DCS and the other is probably not going to be. 

The skin is beautiful! I always loved the Viper Demo Team snake livery and to have an official A-10C one is perfect! I'll have to bump a few people to see if they'll make it, if it isn't already online. See Below!

The new upgrades are very interesting, but let's just think practically: The Air Force is still rolling this out. Not even they have all their aircraft up to spec, and I highly doubt they'll pass this along to ED. Again, very interesting, but sadly not for DCS.

TL;DR: Paints dope, the upgrades are interesting but obvs not for DCS(yet).

I truly wonder if this is something that may extend the life of the hawg for just a few more years to iron out the Air Force's broken dream of the F-35 replacing the hawg. Either that, or come up with a new jet, which is unlikely. 

Spoiler

I only skimmed the video so i may have missed something lol

The skin is already in the works!

Edited by Mordant
grammar

ASUS Tuf X570 Pro Wifi | Ryzen 7 5800X | 4x8gb 3200Mhz GSkill/Crucial | Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI | 1 500gb Samsung 860 EVO Boot SSD | 2 500gb HDD | 500gb Crucial NVMe (With DCS install) | EVGA 650BQ  |  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + TM TF Rudder Pedals | TrackIr 5 | A handy dandy notepad ; )

F-5E | A-10CII | F-14 | FC3 | F-16 | F/A-18 | M2kC | MiG-19 | Sa342 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | L-39 | C-101 | P-51D | FW-190 D-9 | F-86 | Combined Arms | Mi-24P | Mi-8 | NS430 | Apache | "Christian" Eagle II ✝️ | Mirage F1

Primary Aircraft = Strong Red | Secondary Aircraft = Orange | Rarely Used = Yellow | Dead Aircraft/Not Bound = Purple | Recent Spike of Use = Teal/Cyan/Aquamarine/Whatever you want to call this

• 1 month later...

Our SQN has made one too. Soo pretty!!

Screen_211106_145322-2_copy.jpg

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png