KA-50 AI wingmen go to DL point

I don't even know how and what to report here because everytime I repeat the same thing, AI do something different and always weird and funny 🙂

I send him the DL point and command him to go to --> datalink point

He replies roger and goes to completely different place.  -> this repeats every time you send him a DL and send him to it initially

Then I send him exactly the same datalink point 2nd time and this time he goes there and starts what it seems like a big orbit, basically pointless, additionally climbs very high so already useless manuever.

I send him the same DL point 3rd time and command him go there, then he finally went there and hover but at 150meters AGL sitting duck.

In one occasion during testing, while he was trying to hove at DL point high above ground, he dropped like a rock and crashed, unfortunately didn't capture this in the track.

Track attached.

KA50_Dumb.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You aren't supposed to use ingress points as destinations. They are designed to be optional middle points en route to a destination. The idea is you give an AI a target point and optionally an ingress point as well. They will fly to the target point directly if no ingress point is given or to target via the ingress point if ingress is given.

1 hour ago, Frederf said:

You aren't supposed to use ingress points as destinations. They are designed to be optional middle points en route to a destination. The idea is you give an AI a target point and optionally an ingress point as well. They will fly to the target point directly if no ingress point is given or to target via the ingress point if ingress is given.

Not sure I understand what do you mean 🙂  So If I want to DL him a target and use a DL point as an ingress point for AI to engage, how I do so ? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You just send both type ingress along with a target types. It doesn't matter which order. But it only seems to work with engage order. Go-to or recon tasks are straight to point only.

It's not possible to send typed points from Shkval directly to AI over DL. This is because the type buttons are for selecting memory points. If you pick type (without any of that type in memory), recipient then AI will receive nothing.

To send point to AI from Shkval or PVI directly you must use untyped messages. Just don't pick any of the four types and the point can be used for engage/recon/go-to. Obviously this limits what is possible as untyped points don't allow "engage by type" or the ingress function. For that they need to be typed points from memory.

Ka50 DL attack.trk

11 hours ago, Frederf said:

You just send both type ingress along with a target types. It doesn't matter which order. But it only seems to work with engage order. Go-to or recon tasks are straight to point only.

It's not possible to send typed points from Shkval directly to AI over DL. This is because the type buttons are for selecting memory points. If you pick type (without any of that type in memory), recipient then AI will receive nothing.

To send point to AI from Shkval or PVI directly you must use untyped messages. Just don't pick any of the four types and the point can be used for engage/recon/go-to. Obviously this limits what is possible as untyped points don't allow "engage by type" or the ingress function. For that they need to be typed points from memory.

Ka50 DL attack.trk 3.52 MB · 1 download

Tested it and it doesn't quite work reliably. Sometimes he will stuck and do nothing, sometimes attack from random point, sometimes he will go in on top of the target and brake off without shooting. I am giving up on trying anything with the AI. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]